A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sprite Contest XXVII: A platform

DimensionWarped

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, any raster art can be considered a sprite.

I'll let it fly.

I do have to say though... thats certainly not what I had in mind. Mad sexy though.

Still, trying to find art to match it would be 100% impossible unless you made a complete set of art for it... actually... unless you made a complete set of levels to go with it. I've never seen anything quite in that style before when it comes to 2D level art.

Guest Shadix
lol thas not a sprite

alien-hominid-5.jpg

I was going for a high-res look. Now we just need a high-res sonic sprite XDD.

Mainly because I have no tact with low-res spriting, not to mention I find the process of making pixel art quite barbaric :E.

Later. I've unfortunately not managed to get my old harddrive into my new computer and won't be able to do so until Summer break rolls in. So strictly speaking, all of my recent work is lost and I'll have to go back to my earlier showing as a base. Still, the current deadline is the 7th and I really don't aim to change it.

Guest Shadix

Rael this is a man conversation. (best suited for aim but since nothing is going on in here it isn't really that big of a deal, if anything it helps keep the topic on top to remind people of their duties to post entrys)

Guest Shadix
Since everything is just plain going completely and utterly wrong, I'm going to do something entirely too drastic.

Deadline extended to Valentines day.

...DW... Just end it, there will always be time for another one. It's ridiculous to delay this forever because you have an entry you haven't finished. ;P

I've got a great idea for the next one, (even if I don't win, it's not like the winner ever actually does the next contest >.>) so I kinda want this one to wrap up.

Since everything is just plain going completely and utterly wrong, I'm going to do something entirely too drastic.

Deadline extended to Valentines day.

You have got to be fucking kidding me. Just end it. The only reason I even entered was to give another entry so that the contest would have more then 2 things to judge. It's a flop, just get it over with so there can be another one.

What does it matter when we end it? Is it of any consequence at all?

So we can move on to an interesting contest.

Also, if this one flops, the next one will do just as poorly. Hell, this was an entirely easy theme that just about everyone should have had no problem with.

Exactly. It was boring.

Boring my ass. This theme could have all kinds of utility if people just would have been thoughtful with it.

You know what though? Fine. Contest fuckin' over. No judging. There weren't enough entries. Strictly for the purpose of having a winner, Shadix gets it for best art.

And you are charged with coming up with the next theme Spike.