A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Discussion Thread

ila

Oh don't play the "oh i liek it moar so ur view is dumb lolollololol" card.

No, I'm playing the "when you like something a lot and over a long period of time to the point where you grew up with it, you start analyzing it differently." card.

BTW those 24 hour sports jocks you speak of are mainly burnouts who have become too compulsively attached with what little they have left of their sport. I disagree with their retarded obsession just as much.

And the people on sports shows on TV and radio and satellite radio and the like? The coaches and the owners? The fans? They're all people who, to varying degrees, love sports a lot (hi Brad) and will debate on all sorts of stupid shit like turf vs. whatever or why this player should be MVP or why that team isn't doing so hot or whatever else. I hardly ever watch sports more than 3 times a year, but I'll defend the fans and what they love, because if it was the other way around I'd want them sticking up for me too. Maybe you had some bad experiences with the football team in high school? :E

...and this message isn't a waste of time if I can make one of you feel at least a little stupid for being so damn over-obsessed.

Fission Mailed.

k wuteva u say, you seem to forget this is SUPA SMASH BROS though. A videogame.

God, just go read a fucking book, people like you me make me pity society.

BTW those 24 hour sports jocks you speak of are mainly burnouts who have become too compulsively attached with what little they have left of their sport. I disagree with their retarded obsession just as much.

Thanks, you ill-informed, nonathletic, judgmental, stereotyping jackass! Your opinion on the matter is totally flawless and must come from experience. :D

I hope the football team stuffs you in your locker... again.

people like you me make me pity society.

Hey, I got a brilliant plan for you! If you don't like it, then ignore the thread and don't post. Some people want to obsess and they have a right to it when the hype is being built up on a daily basis. Don't shit on their parade with your downtrodden view of things. If you're not going to contribute positively to the Brawl conversation, then I'll take you out of it myself.

What, you think January 31st isn't going to mark the end of the "who/what's going to be in brawl" hype? Within hours (well, some number of hours), there'll be a list of all characters, trophies, stages, features, and bosses and how to unlock them. Even the ones that take 48 hours of consecutive play to unlock. I hope you don't plan on visiting the internet in February. That's what makes the North American delay so bad.

k wuteva u say, you seem to forget this is SUPA SMASH BROS though. A videogame.

God, just go read a fucking book, people like you me make me pity society.

Said the man who posts frequently on the forum about making games based on a talking blue hedgehog.

And when I trash myspace users in the myspace thread, I'M the badguy.

Alingling: K, I won't tell you how you unlock Alex Kidd in Adventure Mode with Sonic. Wups lol.

Is that the yoyo spin I spot?

Kirby looks pretty darn vicious (granted these are two long-time pros). Meanwhile, Dedede's hefting his weight into Ike right off the screen. I take back what I said about Ike's Final Smash. Love how he looks jumping at an angle.

Also, seeing two pros duke it out really does confirm that this is Smash Bros. Which isn't something I doubted, but it is something it's hard to tell with the kind of test videos they usually give.

So, when the game comes out, who's gonna spoil everything for us?

DW: Woah, does the game play that fast or is it in like FF play. Everything looks like it's moving too fast >.>. Wait, are you sure this is Brawl gameplay... Those videos look suspiciously melee like, and they don't have the new hud.

Edit: I'm looking at the wrong vids XD.

A love letter to Shadix:

Well, true, but certainly those sonic games are a lot more productive than following individual updates for a game you'll have all the content to in less than a month.

What I wish I had said: With all this time you are spending looking at these updates and complaining about various BS, you could've been spending doing something actually productive like fangaming. All I'm saying is that there is an excess of energy getting sucked down the wrong drain, as whatever knowledge you hope to gain by spending all this time is wasted when the game comes out in a month and the game is readily accessible.

I'd rather spend my time being excited than spending the same amount of time shitting on people. Rather be an obsessed fan than an insecure jerk. Sorry I'm not hip enough for you and your crew.

In fact PG comparing this to those 24 hour sports casters was a pretty stupid comparison to begin with.

People come up with predictions about sports games all week; they talk to the coach, the quarterback, the lineback, defense, offence, recievers, whatever. They talk about that shit all the time. We don't tell them they're wasting their time. It's the same thing.

While I do regret making that uneducated post, don't give me to "GTFO if u don't like", because I'm anticipating this game too. Somehow pointing out that people are getting over-obsessive turned into me not caring about the game, which is probably once again do to bad word choice.

But you can GTFO if u dun liek. That's the point. This isn't THE Brawl Thread on THE internet. Find another venue. I'm sure Smashboards is way better, rite?

But you heard DW, we're moving on. This thread isn't about time being spent, it's about Brawl, and we'll KEEP discussing Brawl just like in the other 100+ page thread prior to this one. Want to keep rubbing salt on the wound there, chief? Fine. I'll lend a hand. You know my screenname.

In related news:

http://wii-ds.com/article/80654317.html

Brawl spoilers in that post, but I no speak-ah the Japanese. Highlight the big white part after "(Attention! This article contains a lot of Brawl spoilers and rumors.)" and you'll see more of it. In english, it says it's rumored that Ridley's in it with Falco and the Jigsmiester, but doesn't provide proof. I think Ridley's a pretty cool guy. eh gets revived a lot and doesn't afraid of anything.

PG's Japanese site spoilers are translated. They sound legit enough, but...

Hello, this is Lordry. [Worm: I have no idea how to transliterate his name. So, I guessed]

As it is hard to get information on the hidden characters, we were able to draw out a few, and so, I'd like to introduce them.

Jigglypuff (from Pokémon)

Falco (from StarFox)

Ridley (from Metroid)

Furthermore, below I have described how to unlock them. (if I can remember them...)

To get Jigglypuff, you must successfully complete every character's "Break the Targets!" stage

To get Falco, you must beat either 100-man Melee or last in the 15-minute Survival Mode.

To get Ridley, you must clear Subspace Emissary with Samus.

As of now, these characters of not been seen in any images.

So please, everyone, keep you eyes open!

And have I ever mentioned how hilarious Subspace Emissary is? That's totally Capt. Sisko from Deep Space Nine.

To get Ridley, you must clear Subspace Emissary with Samus.

That strikes me as odd. The whole point of SSE is that you have to play as pretty much all the characters along the course of gameplay. Fine, there are points where you can choose your specific character, but it sounds like he's saying you have to complete the ENTIRE campaign as Samus, which would be rather impossible.

Maybe he meant Samus's segment? Or maybe clearing Classic Mode as Samus?