A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

An idea, sort of.

TRD

I don't see any problem in forum activity. There are plenty of new posts every day. Contests are a different story entirely. I don't know if any of you realized this, but a large amount of the members here don't post artwork/games/music at all, myself included. Not everybody here actually fangames, so lack of entries in the minigame contest doesn't really suprise me.

Dude, we are more active than Sonic Cage Dome. Don't be posting that bullshit in here.

I'm not saying that they are more active, I'm saying that there are a lot of games on that forum that the users have never bothered to post here for some reason.

Well, yeah, the fact that the Minigame contest fell through (Not yet, but it's inevitable) made me think that the forums are slightly inactive, not completely.

I could care less about SCD, or what goes on there, I'm worried about SFGHQ.

I'll leave the affiliation idea up to you guys, if you feel we don't need an affiliation, scrap the idea, simple as that.

You guys trying to a post a "SFGHQ MB IS DYING!" thread without actually posting a "SFGHQ MB IS DYING!" thread?

Pretty much.

They don't realize that minigame contest participation is completely independent from forum activity.

"People just don't feel like/have the time to make a game, so that means that they're NOT POSTING OMGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!." Yeah, that makes total sense.

"People just don't feel like/have the time to make a game, so that means that they're NOT POSTING OMGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!." Yeah, that makes total sense.

I don't think it's just the minigame contest. The forum is getting much less activity than it used to. I'm not saying SFGHQ is dying, but it would be nice to become more active.

I guess it's time to give away free stuff.

Seriously though, the forums do seem a *tad* bit inactive, but for the most part, it's not bad. I usually just check here about once are twice a day and the activity during that time is usually enough for me to work in a post or two. I don't think it needs to be so active that by refreshing every 5 minutes will result in a new post appearing, though there perhaps could be some room for improvement.

( maybe part of the reason is that we barely have any completed games to display and people feel we're not worth their time before even checking out what sfghq is all about )

Pretty much.

They don't realize that minigame contest participation is completely independent from forum activity.

No, I've never said once that the forum was dying, I would've said it if that's what I really thought.

I saw many other fangaming forums, from various countries. Some of them already died.

But SFGHQ is far from being 'dead'.

I remember that lots of new topics appeared at once some time ago, now just a few, even though it is something.

If new members get banned quickly, the only reason is that, apparently they can't read the message that appears when a guest enters: "Check out the FAQ" and the rules as well.

Sure, many members now have a banned account. But not everyone, just like you people said, for example Aylingling joined recently, and he's perfectly fine. I think that, if the new people checks the rules, the number of banned accounts would go down noticeably.

And the moderators must not get too 'soft' because if this happens, the forum will lose its balance, just like a gaming forum that died a few months ago.

Remember that there are forums which are actually dead, but SGFHQ is not in that group.

Way to not read what TRD and I have just said. WE DO NOT THINK SFGHQ IS DYING.

I think I'll repeat that, maybe if I say it again it'll sink in: WE DO NOT THINK SFGHQ IS DYING. We want it to become more active again, and maybe through affiliation with other communities we can attract more members.

I don't think anyone here thinks affiliation is a bad idea. As mentioned a while ago by DW and others, our affiliate list is very out of date and needed improvement. However this was right before SAGE and we were told to hold off 'til after. So, yea, lets make connections.

I have the solution. Everyone, check what your daily average posts are. Now, double that, nay, triple it! This forum will be so active it'll knock your grandfathers sweater-vest off!
if i triple mine that is about 1 per day so okay

edit: i am done for today bye see you tomorrow

I don't think it's just the minigame contest. The forum is getting much less activity than it used to. I'm not saying SFGHQ is dying, but it would be nice to become more active.

It's cuz camp's gone.

"Also, we're all in college now, Rael. We're 4x more busy than usual, hence deadness."

For serious. I'm pretty much a lurker now. I get two art projects a week, plus essays for my lecture class, not to mention sketchbook assignments and such. =/

"SFGHQ used to be much more lenient towards new members. I used to act very much like blazefire when I was a newbie back in 2004 (minus the stealing), and I remember the members being generally very friendly with me. I think if I were to join and behave like that now, I would be temp banned quickly."

"So why do you think SFGHQ is less active lately? I assume it's because of how high standards went up for fangame quality, so people very rarely release anything, so we don't attract as many people or really have much to talk about as far as fangaming goes. I don't think SFGHQ has ever been this inactive."

Been saying this shit for ages, haha. Agreed wholeheartedly.