A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

An idea, sort of.

TRD

I was talking with Rael over AIM, I wanted to discuss a somewhat small plan with the Nintendo Community and SFGHQ.

I was thinking we should get some type of affiliation with them, the community seems to be alive and actually have more fangaming talent than we thought they had. I also believe it will bring more active members to SFGHQ, members that will participate in events like the Minigame contest and such.

Anyways that's my thoughts, I don't think it would hurt.

Comments, thoughts, etc.

SAGE is never a problem. We are always at our peak in activity just before and during it. We need more activity in our forums though, lately they've been sort of dead. AFfiliating our forums somehow would be a good idea I think.

Affiliating is a great thing to do, especially since all of our current affiliates are total slack-offs/dead. I wouldn't mind at all.

Also, we're all in college now, Rael. We're 4x more busy than usual, hence deadness.

SAGE is never a problem. We are always at our peak in activity just before and during it. We need more activity in our forums though, lately they've been sort of dead. Affiliating our forums somehow would be a good idea I think.

Agreed. I demand more screenshots.

So why do you think SFGHQ is less active lately? I assume it's because of how high standards went up for fangame quality, so people very rarely release anything, so we don't attract as many people or really have much to talk about as far as fangaming goes. I don't think SFGHQ has ever been this inactive.

So why do you think SFGHQ is less active lately? I assume it's because of how high standards went up for fangame quality, so people very rarely release anything, so we don't attract as many people or really have much to talk about as far as fangaming goes. I don't think SFGHQ has ever been this inactive.

I'm guessing that because some newbs get hazed (The only ones who get it usually deserve it) that they may be afraid to even try. The people who get through that phase tend to be good, normal members, though.

I don't understand it other than that. People post some games at the Cage Dome and not here, the original website for Sonic fangaming. Do they just not realize we exist?

I think it's the attitude that we have towards new members compared to the attitude SCD has towards new members. In SCD, there's an introductions forum where regular members happily greet their new members - I think the newbies are better received by their community. If we see a newbie here who types poorly or asks for an engine, we tend to assume it's a banned member and act very hostile towards him, especially lately.

SFGHQ used to be much more lenient towards new members. I used to act very much like blazefire when I was a newbie back in 2004 (minus the stealing), and I remember the members being generally very friendly with me. I think if I were to join and behave like that now, I would be temp banned quickly.

Well, I can see where the temp bans come in handy for people like Tizo ,who was a dick, and Doinchi (Or whatever) because he was annoying.

Aylingling, for example though, came and was basically accepted right away.

Maybe an introduction forum would be nice, it's a little more welcoming.

I consistently fail to see any problems in SFGHQ every time I'm told to look. When I look at SCD, I see certainly a younger audience and certainly a less well-spoken and less-"fixated on high quality" audience, but I see those as going kinda hand in hand. SCD is not SFGHQ, after all. And don't really notice the lack of activity recently. Though that's probably cause I'm so dang busy myself. I certainly don't deny that it's vital to constantly have incoming members who stay.

Anyway, if you're interested in forming ties to Metroid: Fan Mission (which is by FAR the smallest of the three communities involved with NCFC), I'm an admin at the forums and could easily bring it up to the one(s) who'd make that choice and I'm sure we'd affiliate since we've been adding a few affiliates lately.

I consistently fail to see any problems in SFGHQ every time I'm told to look.

It's not the forums, it's the activity, one example would be the Minigame contest, it fell through, only 2 entries on the second round.

(Yes, I realize that alot of you guys are busy, so am I, that's why additional members wouldn't hurt.)

Alright, I've just invited 5 people to the forum, and placed an advertisement in my Sonic GR threads everywhere. Everyone be nice, now.

Awesome Spike, repped.....when I get the chance again.

I hate being part of the inactive group so frequently. Though for the record... I was having problems in my Windows drive...

Last time I was on IRC (a few days ago) it was... pretty dead... What happened there?

And yeah, College work kinda piles on you at times... I had 2 midterms and a final last week, one midterm this week, and I'm taking my last midterm next week Monday, and that's the class of the professor who can't teach a rock to fall out of his hand...

That, and Orange Box, and MTG has sucked the remaining free time of mine...

If you ask me, we need to offer our members some cake... And bobble-heads...

Dude, we are more active than Sonic Cage Dome. Don't be posting that bullshit in here.

There are about 2-4 new posts a day at SCD (absolutely NONE on the weekends) and there are about double, sometimes more, of that here at SFGHQ. Many of the fangame threads involve "JOININ MAH TEEM" with no screenshots whatsoever. Also, the posts are, for the most part, by the staff members talking to each other.

I'm a staff member there now for being so awesome, so I know what goes down there, guys. Absolutely nothing. You guys are all paranoid.

As for noob hazing, I have backed off of the last few, yet they still manage to get themselves banned. OR, we do get a good member, but then he never posts anymore. Like, what happened to StarKrafter or the other staff members! Rael and I are the only people still here who are on staff.