A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

How to make Sonic look up and down?

True Blue

Hey, there's this really cool website called Sonic Fangames HQ. Here's the address:

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/

Look for a tutorial there. That place has loads of them!

Seriously though, always check the main site before asking for help. If you already checked the site and you're just confused with a tutorial, ask what you don't understand specifically.

It seems that I can't open it. It must be lack of extensions. Anyway, I don't think it works very well. I might as well go with Sonic Worlds. But thanks.

I found where it is in Sonic Worlds.

9. Interface and post-processing methods

and then to 12. Camera

Oops! I can't find it. It's not where you say it is. Maybe we have different versions. Can you at least describe it for me? Events, objects...

It seems that I can't open it. It must be lack of extensions. Anyway, I don't think it works very well. I might as well go with Sonic Worlds. But thanks.

Oops! I can't find it. It's not where you say it is. Maybe we have different versions. Can you at least describe it for me? Events, objects...

1) Don't need any extensions.

2) Look under "Camera" and search for it yourself.

I'm mostly concerned about the commands. I literally can't make the character look up or down. It's not just a camera issue. When I press up or down, the character just goes back to the first frame of the stopped animation. I must remember you that I'm using actions (like in Sonic Worlds), and so, i must use them when I'm going to create a command for the character. I think.

Just for the heck of it, could someone explain to me the theory of making the character look up and down with the animations and all?

I've taken a look at the program, and it's kinda hard to understand. I think I need someone to assist me on this...

And in case anyone can help me, I feel the need of having some kind of guide. I always worked very well with them. It's easier to understand them, than just looking at the engine's events, you know? A guide of how to make a Sonic game with several programs, MMF2 in my case. One that teaches us the basics, and then tells us how to upgrade. But needs to be understanding for everyone. I'm very rookie, so I'd need one. Now there needs to be someone wiling to make one.

Just for the heck of it, could someone explain to me the theory of making the character look up and down with the animations and all?

Well, I can't help you since it's MMF, but I can tell you my concept behind it.

In GM, I make a separate object for the camera. It usually stays stuck on Sonic the entire time, except if certain conditions are met. If Sonic is stopped and on action 0 while the Player is holding up, then the camera gradually rises. Comprende?