A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Mayhem Re-launched.

Amesuki

@BF: I havent included act 2... and I've planned in this game that some levels of act 2, have a suprise thing in... but you have to wait to the demo to play it.

Right thankies for your comments, ideas and tips on improvements. The camera is now sorted, and you know what, it gives it hella lot more Game Gear feel. ^ ^ What I am now going to do, it play Game Gear games alot, and I mean alot, get the feel of them, note down level patterns, how things are set out, what gimmicks they use, how fluid is it. Stuff like that. After that, I will build a demo of Forest Shores, re-done and also include some old stuff in, like Mechinal Coil and Aero Babylon. (Also Checkerboard Hill). Anyway thanks for you help. Expect a demo quite soonish.

-Amesuki-

EDIT: I have lost everything on my HDD...luckly I have a backup on my external, but it a few engines back. I might need more time to revamp it...

• 2 months later...

SONIC MAYHEM 2 DEMO OUT!!! (Christmas Present lawl)

Okies I present the demo, that been pushed back for a while...sorry guys. I havn't been on much because I had some life problems (serious ones, I got very ill) and also my laptop broke'd. Anyway I been working in past three days solid on this demo, and I hope you like it. There are some bugs I do know about, but I'll iron them out later. Remember this is made on TGF, so it not as awesome as XG or Worlds engine. Right the controls...

LEFT RIGHT ARROW = MOVE

SHIFT = JUMP

(When got normal shield, double shift = Double Jump

Also, when you get to something look like this:

Canyon2.png

YOu need to press (Z) on the circle part, not on the arrow in order to boost or fly up in the air.

In this demo you have:

Canyon Crisis Act 1

Canyon Crisis Storm

Canyon Crisis Act 2

Canyon Crisis Boss

Some pictures:

Canyon3.png

The Boss

Canyon1.png

The Level (Act 1)

(Act two is different slightly, and you might meet up with an old friend)

Right I think I explained myself enough DOWNLOAD THE GAME: (Check post below this one!!!)

Poo... it isnt working. Great XD. I don't know what to do, it wont let me save a stand alone game without saying error file. I'll keep trying to make something work. Sorry about this guys.

This might work: (EDIT)

XD! I FORGOT THE GAM. FILE lawl! Okies, it protected (I hope) so no one can steal the source.

Sonic Mayhem Demo!

I got to say thanks to Clwe because when my hard drive crashed I had to use one of Clwe's old Static engines to re-build my old one from. (I was too lazy to do it all my self :P) Lawl I just remember that know, so Clwe isn't in the credits so sorry... (I'll put it in the next demo)

• Like 1

I think this is seriously good.

And for quite a few reasons; actually.

Firstly the fact it's NOT 360. These days I was under the impression that if you're going to make a Sonic game it's GOT to be 360, otherwise it'll be dismissed - but you've proved that by just using a Static engine you can actually put together a really good a playable Sonic game (AND IT'S TGF ROCK ON). I'm in the situation where I know Static and MMF inside out - but I just don't know or can't grasp 360 >=[ So I'm going to do what you've done if I make a Sonic game. Use a nice static engine.

But with that a side - I have to say this is REALLY playable! It's great! Lovely menu, and well meshing graphics on all levels. Great editing and recreation. You've given nice touches of your own and created cool level designs with stuff that makes each level it's own (Like the rolling ball) Pwnaaage ma' man.

- Knuckles doesn't turn around if you're behind him (but is otherwise seriously cute).

- Collision detection on red rocks and rotated blocks seems a little wonky.

- Make sure to check your levels for the left side of the frame being solid.

- Jumping while running up a 45 degree slope is weird.

- The ring counter goes behind the falling red rock things, as well as the walls above them.

- I managed to fall through a thin platform once when falling from a spring-induced high.

Other than that, it was a great show. The graphics and gameplay felt quite authentic, and the plot is handled in a very well-executed minimalist fashion. The enemies were all pretty dumb, but I guess it's early in the game, and they certainly looked pretty. Looks to be a very solid start.

Ames, this game...is badass. Do you understand me? BAD-ASS.

Love the boulder and the "in the dark" part, and the presentation was great. Sounds are Game Gear gold, and so are the graphics.

You will finish this game, or I'll have to hunt you down. xD

Fantastic Work. Rep up.

You do know TRD I do have a reputation of never finishing any of my game/projects. (I'll promise just too you, I will :P)

Anyway thanks for your comments, been helpful, Violet I know most of those bugs, but I had to sorta rush completion so I can release it on Christmas day. I'm ironing them out as we speak, also setting up gimmicks for Forest Shores and Cyber Park! (You'll love Cyber Park trust me, me concept drawings look umm "nice".) I'll be re-positioning the counters and puting everything in right alignment ect, (notice Sonic goes behind the arrows ect). Also I included a small joke with a backgound object:

XD-1.png

Have a guess what it looks like!

Anyway again thanks for your support! I love it when people post and help me out, really gives me the drive to do me best XD

-AMesuki

Also I included a small joke with a backgound object:Have a guess what it looks like!

A giant penis or a huge "log".

EDIT: What surprises me the most is that you made this game so well in TGF, dude TGF; that program is so seriously outdated and buggy, but you managed to make a impressive project with it.

Way to make TGF your bitch. xD

Also, when you get to something look like this:

[qimg]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/JoeruK/Canyon2.png[/qimg]

YOu need to press (Z) on the circle part, not on the arrow in order to boost or fly up in the air.

Answered your question? I hope it does.

And thankies for your comments, and yup TRD is right, I don't have MMF2, I used to have the first one ages ago, but I lost the disks... :(. I was going to buy it but I don't have enough money yet. Anyway thanks for your comments, I'll keep ye updated with progress.

=Amesuki=

I have some good and some sad news.

Lets start with the good first, I have gained MMF2! ^^ So I can finally start work with it.

Sad news, it can't be ported very well into MMF2... The flash doesn't work, (when hurt) and the collision is terrible... I want to make this game in TGF, as it will be my final TGF game because I have MMF2 now, but I can't port it over to MMF2 very well. I'm a little stuck on what to do. However if the problem is based on how many samples are playing, I'll edit to single samples, and just have midi's instead? That might work?

-Amesuki-

(Btw I am learning 360o engines now! So after this mammoth project, I'll have another one straight after XD)

You do know TRD I do have a reputation of never finishing any of my game/projects. (I'll promise just too you, I will :P)

How many Zones/bosses have you completed so far? I remember you saying this game was gonna have 40+ zones. If you have a good amount of zones done, I would just throw those together and complete the project, then you can make sequels or special edition version with your remaining zones if you ever get up to it.

Perfect plan.

I think i can help you with the horrible collision part in MMF2.

When i ported my TA2 engine to MMF2 from MMF, i started having very random collision issues that, despite my best efforts, were not showing up in the Debug menu.

I traced the problem to the fact that my collision (mostly Slope collision) get completely screwed over when colliding with Quick Backdrops. (the stretching Motif ones. For instance, tails would walk off a ledge and automagically teleport to the floor right under him without any counters fluctuating.)

When i create a normal background, it works fine. Maybe that'll help you.