A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

WTF Sonic Rush 2

shadowgoten

Definitely my least favorite of the Advance series, but I still liked it a good deal. It was very much a jumble of a game, but it still had much of the elements that made the Sonic Advance series enjoyable (and I'm guessing it's the same for Rush, which I've yet to get my hands on).

I thought the Advance series was highly overrated. Each one suffered from minor problems, which they would fix in the next (but also create new problems). Advance was too easy, Advance 2 was too fast, Advance 3 was complicated and had shitty level design. Then Rush came out, and for the most part I was pleased. The trick/dash system should be incorporated into more Sonic games. The only major gripe was difficulty and poor placement of enemies/pitfalls. Now Rush adventure has come out, and what do I think? I think it's the best and most refreshing Sonic game I've played since Sonic Adventure 2. The Sonic stages are well designed and move at a blazing (yet controlled) speed. I'm finding the stages very fun, and am having none of that frustration I did with Rush. Then we've got the vehicles, which some may find as gimmicky, but I think result in a brilliant way to connect the stages. The whole setup of the game earns it the additional "Adventure" in the name. Oh, and although I haven't played it yet, Rush Adventure has ONLINE MULTIPLAYER, Something I think that is long overdue in a good Sonic game. So basically, to sum it up, if you have a DS and like Sonic, get this. If you like Sonic but don't have a DS, get a DS... and this game.