A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Old screenshot thread.

Asuma

Super Sonic sprites look strange with the glow around it. You can make it flash, but having it stay around him like that constantly would look bad.

Actually, having the glow, around Sonic, flash looks horrible. Trust me, I tried it. :/

Although the glow around him stays, the one over him flashes. Looks much better! But I'll tinker with it a bit, and see if I can get a better effect.

It's a 32-bit DOS4GW version of the original Wolf3D engine (the 32-bit port was made to increase the available memory). It's actually based on Spear of Destiny, and the code can be changed between Wolfenstein and Spear of Destiny by commenting or uncommenting certain lines in WL_DEF.H. It has major source code changes, new sounds, graphics, interface art, levels, and even music (actual honest-to-God Adlib chip music!). I'm using Open Watcom C++ for compiling and Wolf Data Compiler for resource editing. Many of the levels fill the entire 64x64 tile grid and are on average about twice the size of a level from the original Wolfenstein. Coding and resources are pretty much finished and 12 of the 21 levels are completed.

Level 9 in WDC's level editor:

level92nd.png

Seep.png

Sonicseepmore.png

Sonic - Project : S.E.E.P. The Fangame to end all fangames. Coded in C, much more efficient than MMF or GM.

Edit : Huh. The top five screenshots appear to have a darker palette than they're supposed to have. I think the bottom Screenshot was saved in a .PNG with different colour information.And, just to let you know, the final one is from a newer build, so the hud is different.

320x240 small by any chance?

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

It's a 32-bit DOS4GW version of the original Wolf3D engine (the 32-bit port was made to increase the available memory). It's actually based on Spear of Destiny, and the code can be changed between Wolfenstein and Spear of Destiny by commenting or uncommenting certain lines in WL_DEF.H. It has major source code changes, new sounds, graphics, interface art, levels, and even music (actual honest-to-God Adlib chip music!). I'm using Open Watcom C++ for compiling and Wolf Data Compiler for resource editing. Many of the levels fill the entire 64x64 tile grid and are on average about twice the size of a level from the original Wolfenstein. Coding and resources are pretty much finished and 12 of the 21 levels are completed.

Will there be anything to deeply seperate it from the original? E.G. More guns, better sound effects, high res textures, 1024x768 screen resolution support, particle effects, etc. I gotta say though I love the level editor. It was probably easier for you to make that to create your levels too wasn't it?