A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

PS3 price drop temporary (lolsony)

Serephim

Sony will be as bad as Sega once they release the PS4 before any developer gets a chance to make a game, then releases an addon that makes the PS3 (yes, PS3) better, then another totally different addon. They'd have to release the PS5, at which point they go third party and make shoddy sequels to Sly Cooper with an occasionally remake of Jak and Daxter.

Khorney makes a good point...if there's no 20Gb, and they discontinue the 60 Gb...

Guest Shadix
Nah aerosol, i dont think their down quite THAT far yet.

I mean, at least Sony outputs good games. I just hate their marketing techniques.

SEGA made good games when they were producing consoles too, idiot ;P

This situation is more similar to SEGA than you claim. Are they gonna run out of money and quit like SEGA? Hell no. SEGA had a history of flops before they quit. Sony is multitudes larger than SEGA. They are making huge revenues in other markets, not to mentions they are still getting alot of cash with the PS2.

This is, in the worst case scenario going to be the Sega Saturn of Sony, with the PSP amounting to a significantly more successful gamegear.

I think Sony's best bet is to create a cheap devkit for the PS3 and give it out to every game company they can. That way they can reclaim one of the things that made their previous systems so successful: their library. PS3's game library mostly sucks. It has a few good games coming out for it, but most of them are also coming out for the 360. I work at a store that sells games, and Wii's library is almost double the PS3's. We have a case and a half of Wii games, two cases of 360 games, and not even a full case of PS3 games. Some cheaper games would be good too. Remember, the PS3 can have all the graphics and innovation it wants, but the games are what makes the system.

Guest Shadix

They already got same killer apps coming, enough to make me question my choice of 360

Sereph: It's key to the entire tense of your statement. Your comparison is crap because Sony still makes consoles that they have to make good games for. If Nintendo or Sony went 3rd party and almost bankrupt we'd start seeing them churn out games that are not up to their current standards as well. SEGA as Nintendo and Sony now HAD to spend the time to make their games perfect, the first party has to drive the console.

Sony puts out good games. Sega was good, then started a downward spiral. Really, they didn't have much outside of Sonic, which just didn't EXIST between Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Adventure(sure, you could count Chaotix and 3D Blast...)

Sony at least has it's franchises and other misc. games, and they're usually ranging from quite to very good.

Well, i see this as 2 things knowing sony's ___got marketing ideas.

1, the desprate approach : They need quick sells, the $100 price drop will = more profits than their getting now even when its $100 more.

2, the ___got sony approach : "LOL EVRBODY THE PS3 IS RULL CHEEP NAO ONLY FER LIMITD TIME CUM GET IT LOL"

*3 years later*

"LULZ ITS STILL CHEEP LOL HURY DNT GET LFT OUT"

Either way, PS3 is pathetic.

Guest Shadix
Sony puts out good games. Sega was good, then started a downward spiral. Really, they didn't have much outside of Sonic, which just didn't EXIST between Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Adventure(sure, you could count Chaotix and 3D Blast...)

Sony at least has it's franchises and other misc. games, and they're usually ranging from quite to very good.

haha?

NiGHTs? Burning Rangers? PHANTASY STAR? Gunstar Heroes? Shining Force? Virtua Fighter? PANZER DRAGOON? GOLDEN AXE? Shinobi? Crazy Friggin Taxi? Shenmue? Streets of Rage? Jet Grind Radio? Skies of Arcadia? Space Channel 5? Samba De Amigo? Hell LETS NOT FORGET SEAMAN

Sonic's all SEGA has? Go blow yourself.

What games does Sony internally put out? I used to think MGS but I was wrong about that.

haha?

NiGHTs? Burning Rangers? PHANTASY STAR? Gunstar Heroes? Shining Force? Virtua Fighter? PANZER DRAGOON? GOLDEN AXE? Shinobi? Crazy Friggin Taxi? Shenmue? Streets of Rage? Jet Grind Radio? Skies of Arcadia? Space Channel 5? Samba De Amigo? Hell LETS NOT FORGET SEAMAN

Sonic's all SEGA has? Go blow yourself.

What games does Sony internally put out? I used to think MGS but I was wrong about that.

kk, chillax dude. We're talking about videogames, no need to start the hate already.

How many of those titles you mentioned were actually popular on a wide scale? Nintendo had Zeldas and Marios and Metroids, Sony was, at the time, mostly nabbing the 3rd party exclusives, and Sega had niche (though not neceserilly bad) games that never quite put Sega on the map in the same vein as Sonic. Granted, they had some hits.

Ok? Happy? Cause I think your comment towards me was uncalled for, and you're only doing it cause you're pissed at me.

Also, SCE puts out a lot of titles:

Ape Escape

Arc the Lad

ATV Offroad Fury

Dark Cloud

EyeToy

God of War

Gran Turismo

Hot Shots Golf

ICO

Jak and Daxter

Jet Moto

Killzone

Legend of Legaia

Lemmings

LocoRoco

MLB

MotorStorm

Ratchet & Clank

Resistance: Fall of Man

Rogue Galaxy

Shadow of the Colossus

SingStar

Sly Cooper

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs

Syphon Filter

The Getaway

The Legend of Dragoon

The Mark of Kri

Turbo Prop Racing

Twisted Metal

Wild Arms

Wipeout

All SCE franchises

EDIT: Forgot SOE, which is seperate from SCE and also develops games (primarily online games). That adds a shitload MORE. EQ, Star Wars Galaxies, Untold Legends, Planetside, etc.

And thus, another topic has shot way the fuck off track. ITT We discuss Sony, and not Sega.

I'm pretty sure that Sony made almost none of those games. They produced them. Thats not the same.

Different divisions

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Clap Hanz – Hot Shots Golf series

Polyphony Digital – Gran Turismo series, Omega Boost

SCE Japan Studio (Project SIREN Team, etc.) – Ape Escape series, LocoRoco

Team ICO – ICO, Shadow of the Colossus

SCEI Subsidiary Divisions

Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.

Incognito Entertainment – Twisted Metal: Black, Warhawk

Naughty Dog – Jak series

SCE Bend Studio (formerly Eidetic) – Syphon Filter series

SCE Foster City Studio (includes 989 Studios) – Rise to Honour

SCE San Diego Studio (includes 989 Sports & Red Zone Interactive) – The Mark of Kri, NBA '07

SCE Santa Monica Studio – God of War, Kinetica

Sony Online Entertainment LLC. – EverQuest

Zipper Interactive – SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs series

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.

Guerrilla Games – Killzone series

SCE London Studio (includes Team SOHO & Camden) – The Getaway series, SingStar

SCE Studio Cambridge (formerly Millennium Interactive) – MediEvil series, Primal

SCE Studio Liverpool (formerly Psygnosis) – Wipeout series, F1 series

Sony Computer Entertainment Korea Inc.

SCE Korea – EyeToy: EduKids, GloRace: Phantastic Carnival