A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

just alittle basic help

hi everyone, im new here and i just wanted to know how to do some things on GM 7.0, the tutorials dont really help me out so i wanted to ask someone directly:

-how to make sonic jump

-how to make sonic's speed increase while running and when a speed panel is hit

- how to make knuckles climb and glide

thats it for now :ssmile: please help me do this without coding if possible

Are you serious? Like...are you for real?

Use the tutorials, Eclipse. Please...use the tutorials. The things you listed are extremely remedial.

i tried not to sound like a noob but hey, when i try to use the tutorial it always says that the file is curroupt or that there is an error in the coding and im not that great at coding so i couldn't really fix the problem, the problems are in each game maker tutorial on the GM section

He should specifically ask for what aspect of a boss fight he needs help with. As of now, he is just asking for everything in general, which comes off as "Make this boss fight for me and I will learn from it."

True.

Since I am making my fangame in GM7, I would be happy to tell you how to make bosses if you want. First you need to tell me what you want to know, though.

o ok, thanx i appreciate it, um like how would i go about making sonic have to hit the boss a certain number of times like in sonic 1 the bosses had to be hit 8 times because in my game, once sonic hits the boss once, he wins

Ah. For that, you just need variables. In the boss's creation event, put a piece of code such as "hp=8". Now, when Sonic hits the boss, instead of destroying it right away, put "hp-=1". In the step event for the boss, put "if(hp<1){instance_destroy()}". That way, the boss will only die if it's hp has gone below 1.

Ah. For that, you just need variables. In the boss's creation event, put a piece of code such as "hp=8". Now, when Sonic hits the boss, instead of destroying it right away, put "hp-=1". In the step event for the boss, put "if(hp<1){instance_destroy()}". That way, the boss will only die if it's hp has gone below 1.

o wow, thanx, it works:ssmile: i appreciate it, now can you help me again with something if you dont mind? the knuckles engin on the site wont load up, it keeps saying its courupt, do u kno where i can find another?

o wow, thanx, it works:ssmile: i appreciate it, now can you help me again with something if you dont mind? the knuckles engin on the site wont load up, it keeps saying its courupt, do u kno where i can find another?

If you don't even know what a variable is, then adding Knuckles effects to your engine is WAY out of your league. Just stick with Sonic for now.

If you don't even know what a variable is, then adding Knuckles effects to your engine is WAY out of your league. Just stick with Sonic for now.

o ok, thanks for the help anyways, and Slingerlad, maybe you should start being more respectful towards other people instead of attempting to make them feel bad

o ok, thanks for the help anyways, and Slingerlad, maybe you should start being more respectful towards other people instead of attempting to make them feel bad

Oh hey...I forgot to remind you that I own you. How about you follow the rules and heed my words, ok? I was doing that for your own good, because I can sick a real grammar nazi on you if you want.

It's no problem, Eclipse. Just remember...we are NOT the Sega boards.

Speaking of which...I found you: http://boards2.sega.com/sega_board/viewtopic.php?t=76523

streetballa

yea thats me, this is going to be my first game so i just needed a little help so i decided to come here and since i plan on becoming a video game engineer then i might as well get some experience in