A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Transformers

Andrew

I've seen it twice now. I'm very impressed. If you were anxious about your childhood being ruined, fear not. The movie is enjoyable!

I have a few pet peeves though. Viral marketing for one. Nokia phones, Xbox 360s, brand-name CD players and such galore. Another pet peeve is how Optimus had a mouth and only reverted his face back to normal for fights. The transforming sound was only used maybe.. 3-4 times in the entire movie. I was not very happy with that, but hey.

I loved Bumblebee though, he was very lovable. I swear I heard squeals of delight when Starscream came on.

If you don't wanna know the included Transformers, leave this spoiler alone.

Autobots included: Optimus, Jazz, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Iron Hide.

Decepticons: Megatron, Starscream, Scorponok, Barricade, Blackout, Brawl, Bonecrusher, Frenzy.

And yeah. Very happy with result. Story wise it was a bit weak, but the resulting action and Transformer-ness was excellent. Megatron and Prime recite a portion of their lines from the animated movie. The animation was top notch, the performances weren't absolutely shit and Optimus's voice is similar to what I remember. The character development was a bit iffy, but they got some introductions out of the way very early on which was good.

Overall, I'd give it an 8/10.

That's no goooood.

You've inspired me! Click on the attatchment.

BTW, I bought the game for Wii. It's okay, it had a whole lot more potential than what we got. The camera is buggy (you control it with the IR pointer), grabbing objects decides when and when not to work, controls could use some work, battles get repeatative, and it's not too long. However, when you get the hang of it (which will take some time), it can be a fun experience. What sucks about movie games is they need to come out at a certain date, and can't be delayed. Had the game come out even a month later, we could have seen a huge difference. A few camera fixes, some debugging, and a multiplayer would have made this a one of a kind gaming experence. However, I must say that the graphics on Wii are stupendous. If I can talk my friend Clark into buying the other version, I'd buy the DS one.

You're just mad that there aren't that many stages with you in it. Yes, it usually is a mistake buying a movie game, but there are exceptions. Plus, the concept for the game is great. It's just that it feels a bit rushed, which more than likely it is. Like the recent Spiderman 3 game, it didn't reach it's full potential.

Wow, just got back from watching the movie, and holy shit I was extremely satisfied beyond expectations!

Bumblebee was a loveable scamp and the battles were intense, decepticons don't give a fuck about humans and it shows.

I'm gonna say this has been the best movie I've seen all year so far.

Almost forgot to post here again. I saw it last night, and it was totally sweet. Although, I was really hoping for a 1337 autobot. Remember how Optimus Prime said they learned to speak to humans? It makes sense. Also disappointed at lack of barell roll.

Also disappointed at lack of barell roll.

Yea, they decided to toss that one out since all of the internet was backing that one rather than true transformers fans. It was great hearing optimus say his one will stand one will fall line from the original movie, but c'mon...DO A BARREL ROLL!

"I'm gonna say this has been the best movie I've seen all year so far."

Yea, I loved this movie. It's definitely one of my favorite movies because I just thoroughly enjoyed it. The actors were good and the battles were intense- coupled with the fact that they did quite a few kickass things with the position and movement of the camera during them. Those fights wouldn't have been nearly as awesome without those moments- the shots really helped to establish the size of them and all that jazz.

Also, this movie was damned hilarious. I was kinda iffy on having Shia and Anthony Anderson in the same movie with all that stuff going on without it being too comedic, but it was actually a really nice balance. Specially happy time. ;P

No movie game reaches its full potential. The exception being GoldenEye.

I seriously think they they only spend 2 or 3 weeks actually working on the game just to rush one out once the movie comes out. Then you get your generic, boring, 2 hour long piece of crap for your enjoyment.

My youngest brother got some Shrek game for his birthday, and he beat it that night. What the hell?

And with the barrel roll shit, we don't need YTMND overflowing into our movie theaters. Don't you get enough of those dumbass fads every time you get on the internet?

It would have worked. They said they learned thier language from the internet, so one of them totally should have said like every internet fad. 1337, all your base, barell roll, juggernaut, chargin' mah laser. It would have fit perfectly

I'm very relieved, after I checked your review I looked at rotten tomatoes and see nothing but positive so far, I'm really excited for next week now >.<

Rotten Tomatoes never gives anything good reviews anymore. I must see this movie.

Well, Serephim:

Hollywood's box office record books have been transformed. The sci-fi adventure "Transformers" had an unprecedented Tuesday haul of $27.4 million in its official debut, beating a record of $15.7 million set last year by "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest."

"It's the biggest Tuesday ever," said Mike Vollman, spokesman for Paramount, which released "Transformers" along with fellow Viacom Inc. unit DreamWorks. "It's playing very broadly. It's the kind of summer movie that's drawing families and we're very excited for its progress going into the rest of the weekend."

So, yea, I suppose now you have your little reason to the see the movie considering it beat it out by $11.7 million.