A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Galaxy

... Portugal has some great tourist areas with some of the nicest beaches in Europe. Lots of people vacation there.

Yes, that's right. And Sonic participated in the contest cuz he thought that in case of emergency, he could get back in a sec. But Eggman thought about it, and built a machine that controls the wheather. So, the ocean is filled with storms. Sonic will have to get back... The Hard Way.

If you really wanted to make your game a challenge, you'd set in Delaware.

Before I see that video, I'd like to know what's about.

Oh shit I wish he'd stop doing that.

I don't know what else could Shadow be doing while he's not on a mission. The alternative was the story starting while he's running and destroying robots (a replica of Shadow's intro in Sonic Next-Gen) and then arriving at Tails' house, saying something like "Why did you call me?", and/or "I came as fast as I could." The other alternative was him having a walk with Rouge (but it'd be too romantic for him), and Rouge would possibly want to come with him. And there's not much room for her n the story. She may appear some times to help him as an amigo character.

Now let's talk about the most important thing. The major reason why I made this topic. The engine! Don't mind if I PM some members (Dami, DW, ...) for little questions. The big questions will have topics.

OK, I saw the video and I don't get it.

In other news: Is someone willing to help me by PM with little questions I'll ask? About technical issues.

That's the reason many of the mods hang out on AOL Instant Messenger.

You can sign up for it here:

http://www.AIM.com

Get an older (better) version here, I like 5.1.3036 personally:

http://www.oldversion.com

Or be a cheap bastard and use a browser based version found here:

http://wwwl.meebo.com/

We also have an IRC chatroom, on irc.rizon.net in channel #sfghq for this sort of thing.

Now, if it's something really unimportant, go ahead and PM it, but AIM or IRC are the preferred contact methods and will get you a much, much faster response, than PM. For me at least, dunno about the other admins/mods.

To TRD: Right now, DW is helping me. I'll look for someone else, when DW doesn't know the answers for my questions.

To PC0: What is that all about? Is it a place where I can ask something and receive an answer right away? If I can find some MMF2 masters there, it'd be great.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you have a perfectly valid reason for being named Charmander?

I'm calling you that from now on by the way. K Charmander?

Oh, come on, DW! That was SPAM. And you're quoting something that was written a long time ago, for no reason.

PS: Check your mail box, if you will.

Now, then...

For Inferno L Flames: What can you do for a Sonic game?

To DW: Check your private messages, please. I need to settle some things with you. It's about my game.

Its been a while since I've worked on an original sonic game as in run fast man. I havent really since Sonic: Revenge of Metal Shadow. So I mainly do AI and out of the ordinary stuff that catches people off guard

OK. Artificial Intelligence? Can you work with badniks? Show me a small application, so I can see how you do them. Where can I find some info about that game?

He's uh... kind of always been on earth, I think. I don't recall any of the genesis titles mentioning he was on mobius, so I assume that means mobius is restricted to the old tv shows and comics. Also, Sonic was on earth in Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2.

Alright then.

How is Sonic on Earth? Is this Sonic X? What was the contest and how did Eggman make him win it?

Actually, reading it again it isn't that bad. I'm just bothered by him being on Earth for some reason.

He lives in the planet Earth. At least, he does since Sonic Adventure.

About the contest: The contest was meant to be for anthropomorphic animals. So Sonic, Tails and Knuckles decided to enter it. Eggman, controlling the game, made Sonic win.

He's uh... kind of always been on earth, I think. I don't recall any of the genesis titles mentioning he was on mobius, so I assume that means mobius is restricted to the old tv shows and comics. Also, Sonic was on earth in Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2.

Only in the not canon tv shows (all of them) Sonic lives in Mobius. Since SA1 and SA2 he lives in Earth. I kinda hated that idea, too. But since he was here since 1998, I decided to let it go.

But it's part of my projects to make another fangame with Mega-Drive sprites, and without any kind of story. Just like the old ones.

Alright then.

How is Sonic on Earth? Is this Sonic X? What was the contest and how did Eggman make him win it?

Actually, reading it again it isn't that bad. I'm just bothered by him being on Earth for some reason.

In the genesis series (Sonic 1,2,3snk) Sonic was in fact, on mobius. It even said it in the manual.

Sonic CD was little planet that orbited around mobius.

Sonic Adventure series was earth.

Sonic has different series, thus different stories, locations, etc.

Also, while we're on the subject, it's his game, he can make whatever story he pleases. I don't remember limits being out on fangaming.

If I wanted to, I could make Sonic live on Jupiter, and Jupiter would be a solid planet instead of a gas planet.

In the genesis series (Sonic 1,2,3snk) Sonic was in fact, on Mobius. It even said it in the manual.

Sonic CD was little planet that orbited around Mobius.

I miss those times.

BTW, I don't mean to complain, but I haven't received any answer to my private messages.:kmad: Either you guys are a bunch of rude people who couldn't care less about my fangame problems (don't get me banned for this remark); or you're not allowed to answer the type of questions I make; or my account is corrupted, and any message I send doesn't get to the destiny; or I haven't been sending them right, and they don't get sent at all.

I demand an explanation.

I don't want to get banned. I just wish to know what's going on around here. Is it me, or DW, Damizean and Skylights are ignoring me? If so, is it my fault?

I'm sorry for any insubordination.

TRD: Cinos never said True Blue's not allowed to use the storyline, he just says he thinks it sucks.

No no, you miss what I was saying. He's implying that it's impossible for Sonic to be on earth because of the certain series or something:

How is Sonic on Earth? Is this Sonic X?

I'm saying in fangaming, there's no limits to story-lining or location just because of the series of Sonic.