A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

1993 Sonic SATAM game never released

Aki-at

Saw this posted at the SEGAnerds forum.

SEGA 16 interviewed someone from Sega Technical Institute and they had a chat about the game

http://www.sega-16.com/Interview-%20Peter%20Morawiec.php

Video of the said game

Anyway seems like they disregarded everything that was Sonic and opted for a new style of gameplay that is so much slower, so what do you guys think?

Guest Shadix

Meh, I'm still waiting for the Sonic Underground genesis game that I was told by a SEGA rep as being developed at one point would come into the light.

This is truly interesting though... Starts another crazed cycle of looking for a build dump.

Yeah, that game was called Sonic Mars and was eventually reformed, reformed, and reformed into what we now know as Sonic X-Treme, which also died. Oh well, I'm glad that Sonic Mars never made it. Looked aweful.

Well, I think it actually looked pretty good. It's not a Sonic game, but rather a game about Sonic. I see no problem on going for other gameplay styles, as long as it's fun. I mean, people love Super Mario RPG.

Graphically this game was quite complex. The sprites were nicely animated, looking like something alive, instead of making Sonic look stiff and robotic in movements.

Anyway, nice to know Spinball was coded in C, being for the MD. This sorta motivates me to continue with my... ehrm... stuff.

looked nice, but probably would have gotten boring after a while... it looks like it plays like your generic arcade beat-em-up scroller, albeit with a few sonic touches.

What the heck, if a finished game surfaced I would probably slavishly play it every day... ;_;

"better than spinball or mean bean... "

Yes, let's compare two completely different genres of game to this. Yea, that makes sense. You see you could easily not like pinball or puzzle games and you probably don't. So it's definitely better, right? Especially since you've never even played this game.