A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Official Platform Movement Day [RAGE] Discussion (A WINNER IS NAMED!)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm seriously considering (read:not really) hosting a copy RAGE, instead for worst damizean engine cop-off games at SCDTi =P half of the members could enter already!!!111wut?

but hats of to these guys, these are just awful. and wtf was the naruto thing all about, it didn't even pretend to work

Yes you certainly captured the Megeman X7 & 8 quality of vehicle boards with level 4. If it weren't for the graphics, I'd swear to god I was playing one of them. I love how you start me god-knows-where on the boss boards. Speaking of the train level, the first time I went through it, I went left and jumped and maybe... stuff? Well, not only did I complete the level, but the entire screen got crazy inversed discolored for the rest of the game. Were either of those two intentional? :P

Edit: gah! How did Sonic S.M.U.D.C.E. get there? Two to go.

Yes, I put that bug in there to suddenly make discoloration in the game, once you get to a certain stage. (Level4)

Also, yeah the boss stages were rigged too when you start. Sonic nowhere to be seen until you press right on the keyboard.

Sonic Roller WTFITS is just my remade Sonic Roller with sprite changes. However, if I had entered the original version of Sonic Roller, there would be no contest. How many of you remember that game? I almost had to say the Egg Aliens game, but when I played Blue's game, I had to give it to that game. It was actually somewhat enjoyable.

Not so tough. Especially if with save and load enabled. The jumping mechanic's easy to figure out (just hold down space and stop moving left/right as you land), perhaps because this is a Game Maker game and I understand very much what's going on there. I got about 5 levels from the end without saving and loading (the suicide plunges of "maybe there's a dinosaur there" eventually got me), but once I reread you post with the F5 and F6:

[qimg]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/kainsirusque/blastget.jpg[/qimg]

Nice work! as a matter of fact, even with the save and load I find it hard sometimes. Anyway, like TRD's game, did you see the stretched background in act 2 of my level 4? . It does make me Lol when Sonic goes for a 400ft jump to the end...lulz lolz

Anyway, here's the pie I promised.

Caramel-Apple%20Pie.jpg

Enjoy!

EDIT: I found the mountain level hard, act 2...OSHI..

EDIT 2: Oh, sorry dw. I guess I didn't overlook the rules properly.

EDIT3: Also, Maxsonic, did you make sonic roller to give seizures? heck, if a japanese kid played this it would be the funeral of him. LULZ

ssbfalcon: Yup. It was just right under the floorboards. Anyone found mine? Or beat my game without skipping for that matter?

MSUK: Yea, that was fun. Luckily I landed right on the flag the first time and the second time I know to move left to get it.

Anyway, I'm done completing the games and I will now release my opinions. The great thing about this contest is it bred all manner and flavor of suck. From classic suck (Vacation), to hilarious suck (EggShaped, Ur mom), to uniquely screwed up suck (Zpeed, Roller), and horrible engine suck (Blast), etc. I also loved all the music in it, everything from Rael singing to Chrono Cross to Evangelion.

Metal Attack 1 : Despite it having many of the trademark mistakes of early fangame work (including, but not limited to noisy backgrounds with too high resolution, levels that don't reset, getting hit that sometimes insta-kills, sometimes doesn't do anything, etc), a respectable amount of work has been put into it and it's easily the most complete game of the bunch. It's not a half bad game at all. A side note, thanks for including the editable because without it, I couldn't have gotten through the game since it crashed so much.

Sonic & the Attack of the Egg Shaped Aliens : Hi-larious. Small wonder that it's getting so much votes, it's both extremely extremely bad and extremely funny. Too short, but what are you gonna do?

Speedleggedball : This is reminiscent of millions of random GM games I've played over the years, only this is 10,000 times better. That being said, unlike those games, this game was enjoyable and that's a plus. Also, Flys.

Ur mom: In terms of humor, this wins out overall. A million fucking ups, the music choice, the boss. Like the other hilarious entry it's small. However the one major problem with this game is that there's nothing flawed about its engine whatsoever. You don't stop-dead, it's fast paced, and everything works like it seems it should. It's just too enjoyable.

Sonic's Nex Gen Vacation: This one's got some real plusses. For one, it's a believable brand of crap, reminiscent of the olden fan games. It has a horrible story that jumps all around and lots of great bugs.

Sonic S.M.U.D.C.E.: Simple, short, and simple. The non-gettable rings were a nice touch.

Sonic Roller WTFITS: You can't fool me! I've played this game before! And it was more crap then, too! Horay for the first board, though. Man, if you entered that version... Well, it's still pretty crapy despite some enjoyment to be found.

Shadow Puzzle X SE: Truly annoying the way it's so easy to get in an inescapable position. Too bad that's really all this game is about. It did annoy me to no end, though.

Sonic EX Plus Alpha 2 Chaos: A unique mix of suck and not so suck. I especially like how I played through it 3 times and all 3 times nothing happened the same. Props to having the only game where I couldn't make heads or tails of what was going wrong, where, and how. Custom bugs, indeed.

Sonic: The Last Strike: Kept giving me real errors. It's another game that was a mix of some good and some really bad. Interesting resolution.

Sonic Blast 2: Horrible engines and bland levels with predictable, but anavoidable traps are never a good combination. Except in this contest, I guess, but it's a contest of bad... wait. I enjoyed the falling level.

Sonic Ultra Rubbish EX Plus: A simple 1-level engine and avid-exploiter of my least favorite bug of all time: the "hit a wall = cant move left or right" bug. Nice choice of music.

Sonic Zpeed: .Horible. I don't think I recognized it the first time I played it, but this game is absolutely horrible in every aspect. It tries to be inventive without knowing how to move in the first place. Playing this game gave me motion sickness. It's just nausiating. I'm sorry guys, the worse things in life are things that take themselves too seriously and that's why none of the entries designed to be bad can get my vote. This is close to the worst games I've ever played and the worse of the bunch. My vote goes to it.

I do congratulate Blues and Rael for making me seriously laugh. As do I congratulate Vacation and EX Plus Alpha 2 Chaos for making me remember why I hate the old fangames so much. And I also congratulate everyone who entered for sucking so much. If you excuse me, though, I have a serious headache.

You're both fucking douche bags. Shut your fucking mouth, quit derepping, whoring at one another, or whatever the fuck it is you two got going with your bitch feud. It's getting annoying. Quit being a bunch of little kids, kay? I fixed your rep issues. Blues, quit causing trouble, I already want a word with you about metalasura. TRD, quit fueling Blues' rampant idiocy with your reactive stupidity. kthxbye.

Anyone get into the level in speed legged ball where its just one line after another of running all the way to the opposite side of the stage? Thats where I quit.

Yes... It was physically and mentally impossible for me to finish that stage...

Well, luckily I was at a point in my pokemon game at the time where I had to hatch a few eggs, so I just pressed up/down on Pokemon while I pressed left/right on Speedleggedball and watched TV. If you don't care for that board, you can skip to the one after it. It's password is: AOL