A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

College Basketball's Uniforms O.o;

So College basketball is changing their uniforms. Take a look at this photo below showing the new uniform.

uniforms.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks this is going to turn Basketball retarded? Seriously, how corny can you get? All of a sudden all these these great athletes are going to become 70s sci-fi rejects. Seriously, what the hell is the NCAA thinking? I dunno, am I making a big deal out of nothing? What do you guys think?

College basketball is a joke.

And I'm not just saying that because OSU lost to florida AGAIN in basketball. Football AND basketball. Two championships and lost BOTH to the SAME school. I'm not bitter about that at all. I mean, right now, I totally don't want to just blow the entire state of florida up.

Gators is a fucking STUPID name anyways.

First of all, it's not an entire NCAA change, its only four teams (Arizona, Ohio State, Florida, Syracuse). Secondly, there's options for sleeves and no-sleeves. Thirdly, the fabric is somewhat tight fitting, but that's because it's the same material as Under Armor, which whisks away the sweat during perspiration.

ESPN did a video bit on it, http://broadband.espn.go.com/ivp/splash?id=2791848 (turn off your popup blocker temporarily)

I think it's sweet. I used to wear Under Armor during football and it does help substantially. And there's no real fat, chubby people playing college basketball, so its not gonna be unsightly haha.

oh sorry i diddnt meen that

LIES *slices self*

And yeah, i highly doubt they could simply change all the uniforms for all the college teams like that, and from what Epon says it sounds like its benefical.

Although, if they start doing it for 400 pound Football players, ill watch the games just for laughs.

EDIT:

Wtf it doubleposted again...

Maybe its Firefox?

In the left shot, the player is looking as if he is ready to play some B-ball on da court, in the right shot, the player is looking as if he about to smack the everloving crap out of somebody on the B-ball court.

I don't think it makes much of a difference, other than the slight feeling of restriction, but that could enhance eye-to-hand " presence ".

What's wrong with that, DW? I dress like that every day.

The fact that YOU dress that way daily makes DW's point for him, Rael. XD

I still say the look like 70s sci-fi movie rejects. It seems silly to be wearing those long ass sleeves for an in-door sport. WTF are they afraid of? Catching a cold? They should leave the alien underwear to the football players and keep it off the court.