A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Rush Adventure?

Pheonix Gamma

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, they're making a sequel to this game. I was hoping that one would show up at E3 last year, but as you can tell already, it didn't. When this game is released, I hope it'll actually have continuity, unlike Next-Gen Sonic, where Sonic and Blaze acted like they didn't know one another.

Sonic Rush and Sonic and the Secret Rings were the best Sonic games since his re-design. It would be perfect it they would take away this stupid EX-TREEEEEEEEME Sonic with the long spikes and green eyes (Lately, he keeps getting taller and taller too) and just gave us back the simple little speedy hedgehog we all knew and loved.

Aerosol: There were at least two time where they placed a bottomless/topless pit right after the gravity randomly changes and those were pretty easy to fall into given that fact that you're being randomly tossed up or downward. So, no, you don't have to be mindlessly dashing everywhere.

Steven M: Sonic Rush was quite a bit better than the Advance series. I don't really remember anyone saying it was the "best game ever." Although it did generally recieve high scores, elicit praise, and have a favorable reception that doesn't mean it's "the best" nevermind "ever."

DW: I dunno.. I've got to disagree. It was quite a bit different than the Advance series, what with the in-level minigames, the bosses that weren't all "chase me" and the incorporation of the SH-style "clear the room sections."

Spike: Yes, because making him shorter, shortening his spines, and reverting back to the old-school eyes will totally fix gameplay. Hell, maybe painting my car blue as opposed to it's current silver will somehow fix my engine and leave me with a full tank of gas. It all make sense now! Dee-dee-dee1

"Sonic Rush and Sonic and the Secret Rings were the best Sonic games since his re-design."

Maybe it's just me, but to argue that they should be going for the "look" of the oldschool games while simultaneously saying that a game that uses an engine reminiscent of the Panzer Dragoon franchise seems a bit bassackwards.

"I meant to say 'Better', butthead."

Ehh.. which is pretty much the same thing, no? Changing the way Sonic looks won't make the game any "better."

I thought Sonic Rush was better than all of the Sonic Advance games combined...I can't remember a time where I thought "Wow, bottomless pits suck." I honestly think that it's one of the best Sonic games to come out since they entered the portable space.

DW: I dunno.. I've got to disagree. It was quite a bit different than the Advance series, what with the in-level minigames, the bosses that weren't all "chase me" and the incorporation of the SH-style "clear the room sections."

True. The in-stage minigames did add a good bit.

However, it wasn't enough in my opinion to cope for the horrid lack of variety. They did everything from enemy recycling to gimmick recycling to even BOSS recycling waaaaay too much.

And the level design was still generally lacking compared to the Genesis titles. Thats the biggest problem with the guys who make the advance games. Whoever their main level designers are, they need to be fired and replaced with people who have actually played the Sonic games to the point of understanding them.

SEGA ANNOUNCES SONIC RUSH ADVENTURE FOR THE NINTENDO DS

Sequel to Critically-Acclaimed Sonic Rush is now in Development

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (April 16, 2007) - SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America Inc. today announced the development of Sonic Rush Adventure™ for the Nintendo DS™ system. Sonic Rush Adventure will seamlessly utilise both screens of the Nintendo DS to navigate the high seas in search of pirate treasure, delivering Sonic’s classic high-speed 2D gameplay in the ultimate Sonic handheld experience. Developed by SEGA Studios, Sonic Rush Adventure for the Nintendo DS will be available in Autumn 2007.

Sonic returns to the Nintendo DS in an all-new frantic adventure complete with dizzying dives, near vertical curves and brain twisting loops. Sonic Rush Adventure will retain the DS action that fans loved so much from Sonic Rush™, as well as providing a new high seas adventure where Sonic clashes with ruthless pirates. Players will set off from Windmill Village as Sonic and blast their way through seven action-packed and widely diverse levels. Sonic Rush Adventure will make full use of the DS Download Play feature and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, which enables gamers to compete with friends in wireless racing and mission-based battles.

Guide Sonic through numerous action stages in the fast and furious single player mode, whilst collecting valuable items and materials that enable Sonic and Tails to track down the villainous pirates. With a fleet of up to five ships, including a submarine, water bike and hovercraft, Sonic Rush Adventure uses the Touch Screen technology in exciting new ways. Use the Nintendo DS Stylus to help control vessels as they race across the ocean gathering rings, performing tricks, and torching pirate boats, whilst engaging in fierce ship-to-ship battles. At the end of each level, epic 3D boss battles spanning both screens will test gamers skills to result in an ultimate showdown with the evil boss character, Captain Whisker.

Sonic Rush Adventure allows players to bounce, fly, swing, ride and run through grand environments of lush forests, an ominous ghost ship, snow covered mountains, pirate villages and a vast underwater sea cave. Along the way there will be a variety of enemy characters to battle against including robots, skeleton warriors, pterodactyls, and a robotic triceratops.

pic-4077.jpgpic-4079.jpg

pic-4076.jpgpic-4078.jpgpic-4075.jpg