A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

sonic eternal extreme demo available (360 version)

Syonic

Sling,you can't expect a noob to make a fan game YOU want it to be like , its not possible.

Don't tell me how things work. The posts in these threads are suggestions or constructive criticism that you either uphold and apply to your game or ignore.

Although, I am glad that we taught you somewhat of a lesson.

That point is pretty...uh...iffy.

Meh, you're right. It's just a personal complaint, and I shouldn't have brought it up.

We pretty much re-iterate the same complaints for every fangame that comes through here (such as omg bottomless pits) to the point that a SFGHQ Wiki article should be made about them.

Right again: an SFGHQ wiki SHOULD be made about that.

note taken, actually i was thinking not to put pits until later zones, where i plan a zone actually in the sky like sky sanctuary on sonic 3, but not same level layout..only then pits are appropriate, but only a couple.

boosters have now been reduced in speed because ive found out that it tends to stop on loops sometimes because hes too fast.

i've added plenty of multipaths in levels, plus, each path is different, eg..more/less badniks..more/less gimmicks like crushing pillars and one path could be more fast paced and the other could be puzzle like block moving.

So Sling, its not just gonna be "press right all the time" kinda stages anymore.

will post pics soon.

as for the background and foreground, Im gonna minorly redisign it, so its gonna look nice and decent..im also experimenting in background mixing :)

yea, I actually sorted the badnick placements and have already placed them on more "jumping" parts than "running"..so I did get to relise that its a right bitch running at an unbelievable fast speed then getting stopped my a badnik, kinda annoyed me a little, so yea, badniks placements have finally been implemented, tbh some badniks has a key part in the puzzle areas?!

Thanks for the opinions, I really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
How about water filled pits o' doom as well. Bottomless pits are ok, just as long as there's variation. By the way, there's an edit button, so don't double post. Anyway, this game is pretty good.

That is also the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

"Man I hate these bottomless pits everywhere...you know...I'd like them more if I fell into different bottomless pits...ya know...like water or...like...a black hole."

A bottomless pit is a bottomless pit and they're ridiculous. I can understand one every level or so, but every few steps? It makes players too cautious and not want to go fast at all. I was so scared to fall into a pit in Sonic Rush that I didn't use the boost feature. That's how gay they are.

[qimg]http://www.freespaces.com/atish2007/sonic%20eternal%20switch%20pic.png[/qimg]

ok heres one of the updates, puzzle switches in a sonic game!

Yea I could edit last post, but just trying to show that I HAVE actually done something to this engine and theres many more I can do.

that looks quite nice. I don't know if you've done this already, but you might want to make a switch puzzle where sonic has to jump on all 3 switches in a pattern, if he get's it wrong they go back up.

A little word of advice, don't use slang here. Leave that for msn.

......Say what?

First of all, I don't see any "slang" in his post as far as I can see.

Second.......what?

OMG I R USIN SLAING IN A INTORNIT 4UMS, OMG LEEVE DAT IN MSN.

Deja vu, anyone? :\

A little word of advice, don't use slang here. Leave that for msn. Also, that looks quite nice. I don't know if you've done this already, but you might want to make a switch puzzle where sonic has to jump on all 3 switches in a pattern, if he get's it wrong they go back up.

Yea ignore the slang, its the net, everyone uses it.

And the switch thing, it is like ya said, switch at a certain pattern to open the door (to the right, not on screen)

Ok sling, you'll be happy theres no pits unless REALLY necessary. Instead theres hazards thats just funny when ya land on them, theres no way out and you die. HA!, beats bottomless pits ey!?

OK, Syonic.

Also, ignore everything MSUK just said. His last few posts were full of shit. People would probably be angry if your entire posts consisted of slang, but you only use it every once in a while, so there's really no problem. Like...at all...

@MSUK: Who's ass? Your ass, because you sounded like a pious cock.

go ahead and tell my posts are full of dicktrash.

....because they are, let me show you: (Also, he said your Last few post.)

A little word of advice, don't use slang here. Leave that for msn.

I still fail to see where he used "slang".....also, since when you can't use slang?

Syonic, you don't have to agree with everything everyone says. I've read your posts and you've agreed to every little thing that's been said. You have a right to speak your mind. Speak it.

EDIT: Then again i might just be talking shit and you actually do agree with everyone.

Everything he was agreeing with was help and tips on how to improve his game, it's a great sign of taking in criticism, maybe you should try it some time.

You know I've been here long enough to know what happens around here.

......No you don't.

Posting in camp is basically ridiculous seeming you all turned off the post counter there.

Then.....why do you post there if it's so "Ridiculous"? CAMP isn't a forum to increase your post count, it's a chill out zone. That's your fault if you spend most of your time there.

Forum members don't use slang,

........Find proof of this, I want to see this shit, cuz that's bull.

OMG! CUZ!! I JUST USED IT!!! IT'S SLANG!!! AND I'M A FORUM MEMBER!!!

Oh, and for the record: You've used slang multiple times, MULTIPLE, so I wouldn't talk.

Syonic: I don't see any slang in your post, so MSUK is wrong, period, also, your game is looking good so far, I'll try out the demo later on, keep up the work and remember to try and get as much help as you can when you need it.

Oh Fuck that. Yeah, go ahead, tell him to ignore half of my posts. I edited them out. Also, the other half of the posts was'nt shit, i was talking to him about ideas of switches. But no, go ahead and tell my posts are full of dicktrash.

EDIT: Why is this forum so unbelievebly judgemental?

I said last few, as TRD pointed out.

Unbelievably judgmental? More like...you ask for it. You leave yourself wide open for it.

A good portion of the words out of my mouth are slang. I grew up on the west coast, what can I say? There's never been a law against slang here, nor has it been disapproved. MSUK, here's a piece of advice. Don't back seat mod, it's definitely not a good idea for you to try doing so. Remember what I was talking to you about last night? You're still doing that shit. Cut that out fool, I told you. You're EXTREMELY new to our forum, you didn't even know how SAGE worked. Wait a year or so to learn our ways, before telling others how we roll.

Anyway, MSUK, I like you and all, but I'm pretty ruthless when I feel it's necessary. So here's the deal. Shut your fucking mouth. Quit making waves in the board. Otherwise, you're gonna go to the psyche ward. You don't wanna go to the psyche ward do ya? Of course not, so please...

stfu.jpg