A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

sonic eternal extreme demo available (360 version)

Syonic

back on topic, I've been working on a mode 7 blue sphere engine ever since I saw your request for help with it (about two days ago or so). anyway, it has yet to get proper colision working, but the map generation system is in place (a few tweeks left but its just about perfect with full customizable atributes). an offscreen bitmap (an active object currently) controlls the placement of all sphere types (via specific valuse of blue, black is space) and the rings and soon the player starting position. you'll also use this object to set the size of the spheres game grid (currently at 24x24).

I'll post screens later.

Its not perfect but I've taken it as far as I can understand.

I'm going to release the source to see where other people can go with it.

its main problems currently are,

boxing in extra blue spheres with red spheres to make extra rings is not implemented (I just don't understand how to make that work)

although you can make a map of any size, theres a limit I can't fix, you can go out side the level but thats not the problem, once out side you can't turn any more, this is because your outside it the trun grid object, this controlls when you can turn, so sonic follows the grid properly, I've tried to replace this object with a calculation, but I couldn't get it to work right that way.

Mode7BlueSpheres4.png

Rings work

Mode7BlueSpheres2.png

Mode7BlueSpheres3.png

Blue spheres to Red spheres works

Mode7BlueSpheres5.png

Springs work... Jumping too.

Mode7BlueSpheres1.png

The ending squence works too, you may replace the emerald sprite with anything you see fit.

Now that example map you just saw! was created through my engine by this

Mode7BlueSpheresMap.png

this is 4x normal size

the offscreen layout object, (this ones 16x16)

over all I hope this helps you.

download source here MMF2 only

• Like 1

Its not perfect but I've taken it as far as I can understand.

I'm going to release the source to see where other people can go with it.

its main problems currently are,

boxing in extra blue spheres with red spheres to make extra rings is not implemented (I just don't understand how to make that work)

although you can make a map of any size, theres a limit I can't fix, you can go out side the level but thats not the problem, once out side you can't turn any more, this is because your outside it the trun grid object, this controlls when you can turn, so sonic follows the grid properly, I've tried to replace this object with a calculation, but I couldn't get it to work right that way.

wow j' you are god! ty sooo much, im definetly credit you in my game :D

one more thing, what if i want to put the balls randomly?