A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Game Fighters & Sonic XCR betas

Jman

One person doesn't mess with my mind. SGF is the one that got 10/10, people knew it had glitch because it was a beta, and I don't let people I don't know well play the vs one. Sonic X is a game I already know it's not a 10/10. One person out of alot of people don't make me change my mind. Not everyone is going to like my game. I want people to give me advice like TDR.

Lol, TDR.

Well, the game definitely doesn't get a 10/10, I dunno who gave it to you, but I guess people have different views.

However, if you work on those things I said, I would definitely give you a higher score than the one I'm thinking of right now.

On the real though, we are not trying to change your mind or mess with it or whatever, we are just giving you advice and our comments on the game. It's up to you if you want to keep the game that way, but that doesn't mean everyones views are going to change.

The game was fun, but there's tons of room for improvement.

Also, I suggest using convenient controls to operate the modes or using buttons or that option selector thingy you had. I can whip up a button/option selector tutorial for you if you want.

Oh and for the record, I didn't play SXCR because it wouldn't run on my pc. I've only been playing the fighting one.

The combined efforts of the disgusting HUDs in Sonic XCR and your horridly drawn "BONES" avatar make me want to shoot myself in the head.

You should just stick to programming cutscenes for people. You're good at that.

The combined efforts of the disgusting HUDs in Sonic XCR and your horridly drawn "BONES" avatar make me want to shoot myself in the head.

Wow! Unnecessary much?

Honestly, is everyone (In general) is gonna keep pissing on this guy's work? I see lack of constructive criticism here. Yes I know he said something about the game getting 10/10 but really, I think he gets the point. Just give this guy advice and help on what should he do instead.

EDIT: Also, I don't think he meant to offend or belittle anyone when he said that.

Wow! Unnecessary much?

Honestly, is everyone (In general) is gonna keep pissing on this guy's work? I see lack of constructive criticism here. Yes I know he said something about the game getting 10/10 but really, I think he gets the point. Just give this guy advice and help on what should he do instead.

EDIT: Also, I don't think he meant to offend or belittle anyone when he said that.

My thoughts exactly.

Its really of annoying how picky you bastards are. You guys act like dicks anytime someone doesnt post 30 pictures and a 5 level demo.

You complain about clashing graphics and bugs, yet no one ever compliments anyone for actully taking the time and making a game.

Unless their someone of real fangaming status, i see no reason to be so strict on other's fangames, espically when 80% of the people who are being unhelpful are the ones who have been "working on their games" for the last 3 years.

Just Fucking shutup already.

My thoughts exactly.

Its really of annoying how picky you bastards are. You guys act like dicks anytime someone doesnt post 30 pictures and a 5 level demo.

You complain about clashing graphics and bugs, yet no one ever compliments anyone for actully taking the time and making a game.

Unless their someone of real fangaming status, i see no reason to be so strict on other's fangames, espically when 80% of the people who are being unhelpful are the ones who have been "working on their games" for the last 3 years.

Just Fucking shutup already.

Once again, Sereph makes a rant without actually having played the game. You see Sereph, this is why no one takes you seriously around here.

Besides, I have plenty of people who can vouch for my ability and authority. Its hardly like I'm just some picky bastard who lays into a game because they don't suit my tastes or some stupid reason like that.

Your lack of counter-affirmation is proof that you haven't played the game then.

Anyway, you missed the point there it seems. I'm talking about you too you see. You always have this tendency to ram your nose into areas where you have absolute zero knowledge and don't bother to familiarize yourself with the topic. You jumped to his defense without even bothering to examine the resources available at your fingertips.

• 2 weeks later...

no, Sereph is right. you guys are being hard-asses about this. DW, your "constructive criticism" is nothing more than you being annoyed because he said a place gave him a 10/10. this is what I was talking about in that thread about continuously driving people away. you and all the other jerks aren't helpful anymore, you're just plain hard-asses because you don't care. If you don't care, then don't take your precious little time putting down everyone who comes here and leave the ACTUAL constructive criticism to people like TRD who aren't ready to attack everyone.

I would give constructive critisicm if I feel there is any hope that the project will be good. If it is just a lost cause though, I don't see the point of telling them how to make it better.

Spike.....that sounded border-line elitist...no that was elitist.

How do you know there is no hope for this game? You have to remember, we all started somewhere, and we didn't start with super cool graphics and 360 engines and whatnot. And that is also the very reason why people give up their projects and leave this place because of shit like that, how do I know? Well, have you seen Jman around lately?

This game has potential, he just needs to work on a couple of things.

I would give constructive critisicm if I feel there is any hope that the project will be good. If it is just a lost cause though, I don't see the point of telling them how to make it better.

Kinda like developing an accurate sequel to what is heralded as one of the best games in the series is a lost cause?

Kinda like developing an accurate sequel to what is heralded as one of the best games in the series is a lost cause?

Oh gee. You hurt my feelings.

Anyway, if you are going to go about it that way, then why not just say that anyone developing any fangame is a lost cause, because no fangame has ever been as good as the original.

no, Sereph is right. you guys are being hard-asses about this. DW, your "constructive criticism" is nothing more than you being annoyed because he said a place gave him a 10/10. this is what I was talking about in that thread about continuously driving people away. you and all the other jerks aren't helpful anymore, you're just plain hard-asses because you don't care. If you don't care, then don't take your precious little time putting down everyone who comes here and leave the ACTUAL constructive criticism to people like TRD who aren't ready to attack everyone.

Actually, I also noted plenty of things that were wrong with the game.

I didn't sugar coat it because of the 10/10 nonsense. That doesn't mean there isn't plenty of beneficial information there. I suggest you take a trip to the angry dome for not noticing that.

As for potential, maybe with the fighting game, but that Sonic game is absolutely hopeless.

Actually, I also noted plenty of things that were wrong with the game.

I didn't sugar coat it because of the 10/10 nonsense. That doesn't mean there isn't plenty of beneficial information there. I suggest you take a trip to the angry dome for not noticing that.

As for potential, maybe with the fighting game, but that Sonic game is absolutely hopeless.

*high five

Hence my words, "Lost cause".