A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Game Fighters & Sonic XCR betas

Jman

Ehh.. first screen looks ugly and it shows nothing about gameplay. Second screen is bland which isn't at all helped by your massive screensize.

What does it mean by there is more information from my site game section. That includes screenshots.

Whatever, it's your thread. Just seems like a better idea to show gameplay as opposed to a boring screen with text and static characters.

Its because theres to many screenshots and their to big.

I just want people to try it. This beta gets a 10/10 from everyone that played it even though its not that long.

*Played it*

*I see alot of potential here, is this your first game?

*Nice naruto combo.

*An adventure mode is a nice feature you got here.

*The battle system is not bad, there are some flaws or stuff that can be tuned, but you're on the right track.

*Nice drawings. (JB Games screen)

Not bad for a beta.....

Dislikes:

*Static engine your using could use alittle bit of work, it's a bit hard to get control of sometimes.

*The battle system on character testing is a bit buggy, I knocked sonic into the wall and he gets stuck unless I move him.

*The enemy system in adventure in knuckles stage is very difficult, I had a hard time getting passed the big robot that shoots energy shots. He shoots them a little too fast, try a longer time interval for that.

*Graphics are not bad, but they can use alittle work.

*The HUD seems.....out of place, I dont know how to explain it. Maybe put a template behind it and put the icons in place should make it better.

You have a lot of potential, I had fun with this game and I'll continue to play it. I look forward to the full version.

Good luck with this Jman, If you need any help with anything, we're here for ya.

Scatta: Second screen is bland which isn't at all helped by your massive screensize

Is there a way to fix that? I mean it's kinda like a SMB game and I can see why he's using it. More space to move around and knock-aways. I remember doing a scrapped fangame similair to his and I used a huge resolution but just increase the size of the characters, but not too big so it wouldn't become pixelly.

I know. The main problem was converting my games to MMF2. That really messed up the stuff in the Sonic Game.

Whoa Whoa Wait, Did you try any of the other characters and special moves on SGF, Every character has like over 7 moves. Naruto Comobo? There are way more moves If you read the whole readme file.

And just to put out there, the sonic is just a dummy for special testing. He wasn't meant to be made properly.

and no these aren't my first games.

Jman:Whoa Whoa Wait, Did you try any of the other characters and special moves on SGF, Every character has like over 7 moves. Naruto Comobo? There are way more moves If you read the whole readme file.

Yeah, I know.

Btw, I would take out that force fullscreen, just give the player the option to change it.

@Scatta: Oh I see, then yeah a smaller resolution would be better.

Your Supers were hot, though they can use alittle more work, some of them were quite buggy, I can list them if you want.

My favorite so far was the Zero-Megaman double charge shot, super slash.

Btw, are you using static or platform movement?

I'm asking because while playing as zero, he perks off the ground.

Static can take care of this problem and make the game alittle more flexible but you probably dont want to redo your whole engine.

This game is fun though, I look forward to the full-version.

On the Fighting Game:

I couldn't for the life of me get any of the shit to work right.

The Sonic game wins a wonder DW award.

dt.png

Its DW's Ofecal Dicktrash award!

Not only is the dialogue so attrocious it makes me want to scream and riddled with terrible spelling errors, but the amount of time spent on making terrible boring cutscenes is so clearly beyond that of trying to make the actual game that you instantly score negapoints. Getting to the levels themselves, the concept is terrible with short segments of running through glitch filled straight path stages and then fighting a bunch of enemies with about as much variety in their actions as space invaders minus the flagships and the dive bombers. The special moves are laughable and serve absolutely zero purpose.

Honestly, the entire concept is so flawed that you should throw it out and head right back to the drawing board. But when you get to work on your next game, skip over all the story based bullshit and get straight into trying to figure out how to make a decent stage.

Its sad too considering that you actually had a lot of funky graphical effects that must have taken a considerable amount of effort, but alas, the final result proves the mantra of gameplay over cute graphical effects.

Your Supers were hot, though they can use alittle more work, some of them were quite buggy, I can list them if you want.

My favorite so far was the Zero-Megaman double charge shot, super slash.

Btw, are you using static or platform movement?

I'm asking because while playing as zero, he perks off the ground.

Static can take care of this problem and make the game alittle more flexible but you probably dont want to redo your whole engine.

This game is fun though, I look forward to the full-version.

apparently for super game fighters, platform yes. I started the fightinng game a long time ago before I did static. I'm mad at my self for that. And most of these problems is because I had to transfer it to MMF2, And that why the file stuff won't work on Sonic XCR. Well I have a old beta where it has 1 on 1 2players and specials works well in the game.

and no I'm not a guy name afro gamer

and DimensionWarped its only a beta, and the specials are useful when you get past the first level. And the Sonic game was made when I was 14, I just released it because I have internet now.

apparently for super game fighters, platform yes. I started the fightinng game a long time ago before I did static. I'm mad at my self for that. And most of these problems is because I had to transfer it to MMF2, And that why the file stuff won't work on Sonic XCR. Well I have a old beta where it has 1 on 1 2players and specials works well in the game.

and no I'm not a guy name afro gamer

and DimensionWarped its only a beta, and the specials are useful when you get past the first level.

I would suggest redoing the fighting and adventure mode engine.

It gonna be work, but the results should be good once you done it.

I really suggest you use static instead, as platform movement is really nothing but buggy built right into it. However it's your choice.

Oh and that was Midi btw, lol @ midi.

@DW:

That was kinda harsh, wasn't it?

@Jman:

It's completely up to you on what you want to do. Built platform movement only equals buggy, and there's only so much you can do with it. Static is much more flexible with barely no limitations. I would suggest these changes:

*Redo the engine to static movement.

*Fix up the graphics alittle

*Modify the Enemy A.I.

There's more I could suggest but I can't think of any right now, but this should make your game alot more flexible.

However, if you don't feel like doing it, we're not gonna force you. It's pretty much your game. We're only here to give help and advice.

Every game thread needs the obligatory dickshot - it brings hotshot developers back down to Earth. It also helps ward off the nOObs, like Blazefire.

One person doesn't mess with my mind. SGF is the one that got 10/10, people knew it had glitch because it was a beta, and I don't let people I don't know well play the vs one. Sonic X is a game I already know it's not a 10/10. One person out of alot of people don't make me change my mind. Not everyone is going to like my game. I want people to give me advice like TDR.

and DimensionWarped its only a beta, and the specials are useful when you get past the first level. And the Sonic game was made when I was 14, I just released it because I have internet now.

OH? I thought this game was 10/10? Hmm...

TRD, Midi...DWs post is totally appropriate. I just played this game and wow...it's barely playable.

One person doesn't mess with my mind. SGF is the one that got 10/10, people knew it had glitch because it was a beta, and I don't let people I don't know well play the vs one. Sonic X is a game I already know it's not a 10/10. One person out of alot of people don't make me change my mind. Not everyone is going to like my game. I want people to give me advice like TDR.

Not to sound too cocky, but you'd do well to value my opinion more than that of most people. I'm somewhat of a cognoscente you might say.

And to be quite blunt, there are plenty of things making your fighting game less than desirable as well.