A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Game Fighters & Sonic XCR betas

Jman

Okay. I will be helpful

The HUDs are crap, fix them

The drawing in the cutscenes are crap, fix them

The levels are short, fix them

The level design is boring and bland, fix them

All levels consist of "Walk two feet, defeat __ amount of enemies to go on", fix that

The resolution is gigantic, fix it

The Sonic Battle attacks look stupid the way they are executed, fix them

Make your own damn levels, Nobody is interested in playing horrible, shortened, bland knockoffs of already great levels

Anything based off of Sonic X sucks

Quit mixing Genesis and Advance

There, happy now? Christ, TRD, you are overreating a little. You sound like a lawyer in a murder trial with this "And thats bullshit, all around bullshit!" stuff.

You OBVIOUSLY didn't understand what I'm trying to say spike. What you and DW said about it being "Hopeless" and a "Lost cause" is the exactly type of shit that makes people stop fangaming. Since when did fangaming became a fucking elite club?

You started somewhere too spike and DW, and you're obviously forgetting that. Yet you guys feel the need to rip apart someone elses game?

I bet my life if you guys were still using platform and shit, you wouldn't be talking like that. It pains me to see people act that way towards fangames that are not up to your levels. It IS elitist, but you guys obviously don't care about the "Little guy" no more. If you guys would stop with this shit, The "Little guy" would grow to a "big guy."

Elitism is ugly my friends, I speak the truth and you know it.

I honestly don't wanna keep arguing because it's not getting through some peoples heads right now.

Jman is gone anyway, way to go guys, you are totally cool! [/sarcasm]

EDIT: And all of this because he said his game got a 10/10? Over somewhere else instead of here? Come on, the littlest shit can get you going like this? Grow up. He didn't mean nothing by it I'm sure of it.

Maybe he did get a 10/10 somewhere. But that doesn't mean its the same here, but obviously you won't hesitate to completely rip someones game apart after hearing it, please.

*never made anything here which used a game making program*

And elitism is saying your stuff is great when its not very good at all.

Are you referring to me or you? Because if you, then why rag on his game then?

Elitism:

1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

1. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.

2. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

And Elitist: Adjective: Characteristic of or resembling a snob: snobbish, snobby. Informal high-hat, snooty, stuck-up, uppish, uppity. See attitude/good attitude/bad attitude/neutral attitude, self-love/modesty.

Noun: One who despises people or things regarded as inferior, especially because of social or intellectual pretension: snob. Informal snoot. See attitude/good attitude/bad attitude/neutral attitude, self-love/modesty.

Wanna run that by me again? Those were you and spikes behaviors in this thread.

Are you really gonna say that the Sonic XCR game is a total lost? I strongly disagree.

I'm referring to me. And you seem to be ignoring a key qualifier there. That isn't to say I hadn't released something before that, its just that I hadn't released something which used a game making program like MMF or GM. So in other words, I've never made a thing which used platform movement or anything like that. When I was new, I was far too ambitious to do something like that, so instead I specialized in making pretty 3D graphics while planning to make something so crazy that... well, I'm not trying to give SFGHQ history lessons here...

And if you are going to get all literal about it, your use of the word elitism doesn't quite match up either. It isn't a matter of hating on low quality crap.

And if you are going to get all literal about it, your use of the word elitism doesn't quite match up either. It isn't a matter of hating on low quality crap.

Thats what you and Spike was showing DW. You were hating on his game because of the low quality which IS a form of elitism or elitist, which is why I copied them both here. Why do you think the word has been used here?

Ok, you didnt use platform movement when you started, ok, so you expect everyone to do the exact same? Everyone is different DW. Also not everyone is born with super cool game design skills. People started off from somewhere, you started off from somewhere as well. People are not the same, don't think the same and doesn't have the same ambition as you. They also may not have the skills too. I don't have any skills in 3-D modeling, no matter how much I try, I can not make a decent model.

So it can be same, no matter what combination you get. Some people are good with stuff, some are not, but thats no reason to shit on it, or call it hopeless.

Everyone is different DW. Also not everyone is born with super cool game design skills. People started off from somewhere, you started off from somewhere as well.

Some people are good with stuff, some are not, but thats no reason to shit on it, or call it hopeless.

I think these 2 lines summarize the whole thing quite well. instead of immediately pissing on someone for lack of skill, try to help them gain skill.

It has absolutely nothing to do with a lack of skill. The game I'm referring to as hopeless isn't flawed because its poorly programmed, its flawed because its bad in concept. You have tiny sprites trying to attack things with moves that involve uncontrollable amounts of movement. Of course it doesn't play well. It wouldn't matter if you had the best programmer on Earth, the game would still end up being lame.

Right effort is nothing without right mindfulness.

And no, I don't expect people to have skill just starting out. What I expect people to do though is to take this seriously and actually test their creations to the point where they can tell what does and does not work.

Anyway, TRD, you bore me with your idealistic bullshit.

It's bullshit because I'm speaking truth? Go figure. I'm right about what I'm saying and you know it. Get bored all you want, you're just proving me more right than I'm already am.

You have tiny sprites trying to attack things with moves that involve uncontrollable amounts of movement. Of course it doesn't play well. It wouldn't matter if you had the best programmer on Earth, the game would still end up being lame.

OK, but did you have to bring out that Ofecal dicktrash seal to tell him that?

What I expect people to do though is to take this seriously and actually test their creations to the point where they can tell what does and does not work.

Some people don't know DW, thats one of the things I'm trying to say.

Sure, they can look at other peoples fangames and learn from them, but that doesn't mean they can aquire the skills for it.

Fangaming is just for fun, not to compete with or grow some type of super awesome status, which is now that I see, what fangaming as turned into.

EDIT: It really doesn't look like this is getting through to you, but I will say this: You can get bored with what I'm saying all you want, because I will be there to defend a fangame that is taking alot of shit throw at it. I guess you better get used to getting bored.

Dude, I'm not about to sit here and get lectured by your sorry ass. I'll let you preach to me once you've done something worth my attention, k?

Why did I use the seal? Because I'm mean and the game was terrible.

Some people don't know what exactly? That what they make plays like crap? Well, then they should learn after they get made fun of for it a couple times. Humiliation and Pride are essential to our improvement.

You know, I got up to see if anymore episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura had finished downloading, and I noticed this topic had two more posts to it... with that said.

TRD and DW, I want both of you to take this arguement into AIM/MSN/Yahoo/Private Message/Something that isn't this topic. You two have been going at it for most of this topic now, and I'm sick of it. I'm also pretty sure that JMan has been scared off by everyone in this topic at some point. (I'm not blaming one side or the other, I'm blaming both, and everything in between)

I'm sick of this bullshit where these topics keep erupting into long ass debates about the validity of criticism and other things like that. Geez if Jamie was to post The Fast Revelation for the first time here, I don't know what would happen.

Topic locked.