A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Eternal..totally awesome rad demo out now :D

Syonic

hey guys Syonic here again, posting the latest on my game, though its me alone making it, and im still a noob:P I have some below

sonic%20etenal%20pic%201.png

sonic%20eternal%20pic%203.png

sonic%20eternal%20pic%204.png

sonic%20eternal%20pic%205.png

sonic%20eternal%20pic%208.png

Ok these pics are not much, yet..but I am still at the beginning stage after 3 months of work..AND..I've already credited to people in the beginning of the game!

Watch this space!! :D

wohoo success the noob has become 1% less nooby?!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GZ9FFEQW

ok heres the crappy demo thats full of glitchs and consist of the 1 small level..enjoy (tbh, I was lazy, but the game itself is gonna get a HUGE update).

One last thing, this demo has no intro or credits whatsoever, but when the full game releases, you'll enjoy the amusing credits :)

Controls are... arrow keys left/right..move sonic left and right

jump: enter key

spin dash: down arrow and enter, repeat a few times to charge up,

release down to dash roll.

grinding: press shift to land on rail and enter to jump

mid air spindash: after springs or a drop, press spin dash buttons for mid air spin dash.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, I'll try to get smaller res, though it looks nice the way it is now, and another yes im redoing the levels so they dont look EXACTLY the same as the originals, by using paint shop pro, I'm manupilating the background so it LOOKS like a background and trying to give it that cell shading effect if I work on them more :D

the engine is similar to diablo heads engine(already credited) but i added slopes on it, and other modifications :)

cool will do...to TRD's question mention above, heres a sample pic of the hydro palace background effect..the original had typical squares, but as this is underwater i made it water swirls :D

http://www.freespaces.com/atish2007/sonic%20eternal%20pic%205.bmp

lol...http://www.freespaces.com/atish2007/sonic%20eternal%20pic%204.bmp

Grind..grind like ya never grind before..!!

You know there is a difference between using it and then just looking like a dumbass by overusing it.

Anyway the game looks... okay to say the least. I think the sprites from whatever game they were from are kinda cool in that game, but when other people use them it just looks off.

ok, I wont use any emotes then..*sigh*..but you have to give me some credit, considering I've NEVER made a game before full stop. But, I'm still learning the ropes, and this is gonna be my first but not final one..and these pics dont show much I know. Theres still more to come though. All I need is some support and I'll credit your name on the game..if its ok?

Is that some kind of OR effect or something? Things can become kind of blurry underwater, but colors don't oversaturate. Change it.

No its 90 transparant, thats the only way I could do without it slowing down or anything..unless you know another way please share so I can learn more?

adding to that, I think its supposed to be blurry...cause when you go underwater for real, its not perfectly clear is it?

Is MMF set to 256 colors or something?

Also, you made the background all blurry. It looks weird.

yea its supposed to be like that, cause I thought, well, while its called a background and its far, i decided to make it look like from affar..but let me guess..its not working is it?

Hmm, that's wierd... the links for the pictures don't seem to be working for me... Oh, well I'll figure out what's wrong eventually. Since nobody else seems to be having this trouble, it must be something wrong my computer. (Stupid computer!)

Im sorry m8, but I'll try to make it as a pic if I can.

Hmm, that's wierd... the links for the pictures don't seem to be working for me... Oh, well I'll figure out what's wrong eventually. Since nobody else seems to be having this trouble, it must be something wrong my computer. (Stupid computer!)

It's not your computer, they don't work for me either.

hmm..problems with the pics..I'm sorry guys..though Im not used to posting images on the site, im trying to make it look like an actual screenshot without clicking on anything..

and..success...check the first post on page one..

Ila, sorry, but get a grip. It annoys me to see how some people deviate the thread into trivial matters, and I am equally amazed to see that some of these people are forum operators.

For your first game Syonic, it looks promising. The levels in the screenshots are a bit dull though, and you could greatly improve the colour palette. Once you release a alpha/beta demo of your game, we will be able to judge your work better.