A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic XG - Zone overview - 2007 release

Sir Euan

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonic XG is turning to be one of the most visually pleasing games to grace SFGHQ. I really love the look you give the game.. ALTHOUGH, I cant really say the gameplay isnt bad until I play it, so im going to continue to wait for a revised demo ( and for the people who have NOT played the old demo, Ill get that uploaded )

http://jsonicserver.no-ip.org/files/6/Demos/enginetest.zip

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_XG

Two year-old engine test from an old project =/= final product. Keep that in mind, kids!

Looking sexy, as always. Now make sure the level design is rock-solid, that's always the trickiest part of developing a game. So, you know, make it so all the levels have something different to offer, not just visually but gameplay-wise, pace them just right, the whole deal. That's the only way people like Blue Frenzy will play the game for something more than a ride through Sir Euan's Magic Art Land. Not that that's a bad ride. :P

Yeah I don't really appreciate you posting a 2 year old engine test! This is a progress update thread, not a retorospective one thankyou VERY much!

=)

Thanks for pointing that out Myst, I reallty don't want people to judge the game based on that.

bubble-1.png

Boing!

Okay, to answer some questions and stuff, that engine test Midi posted, as Euan said is two years old and mostly his work so don't judge it, the new one has been cunningly created by myself in MMF2 and should hopefully do the game justice. (Thanks for posting it though Midi, it's fun to see how different my engine is to his.)

The zone in these screenshots is Hidden Palace just before the Death Egg crashes in the floating island, much like in Sonic 3&K the game will be majorly different depending on which character you are, with a different start to the game for each, different routes and even bosses throughout, and of course different endings. As shown, the Nack Drill boss can't be accessed playing as Tails or Sonic, it's also just a midzone fight, so don't expect the actual zone bosses to be cheap rip offs of old bosses. ;P

I'm looking forward to releasing it now that it's coming together so well, there's so much stuff I want everyone to see.

I still have the opened old engine. If you want I can post it, but you most likely will say no.=P

Yeah, don't post it please =P.

And don't worry midi I wasn't pissed off lol, just don't want the topic getting derailed and being a discussion of the old engine, at Sonic 2 Beta they went a bit nuts and started trying to convert my graphics ito use pallettes suitable to be used in a rom hack, the crazies!