A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

ITT: We talk about Christmas

ila

I got some new pots and a 35-pc set of cooking utensils (with sorely needed knives) from my mom, a cookbook from my sister, and a Magic Bullet blender from my mom's boyfriend.

It's for making milkshakes. >_> <_< I swear.

*cough*frozenmargaritas*cough*

And I got $170 from my grandparents, although the $70 from my grandma is the reimbursement for the 8GB HD I bought to replace the dead one in my iPod last month.

So, currently, I have $265. Enough to buy a Wii. If I can find one. Although, I did see a PS3 yesterday. So maybe things should be leveling out.

I got Gears of War this morning, and Final Fantasy 3, along with a bunch of cool stuff for my room and nice drawing supplies. I got some headphones too but I might need to take them back.

Nothing game related for me this year ( u.u; ), but I did end up with a couple scetchbooks, a package of printer paper (96 brightness, better then the scetchbooks... the printer's never going to see it), new 0.5mm mechanical pencils (why can I never keep track of these?), slippers (good thing, my bedroom has no heat), sleepwear, a shirt that says "Trust me, I'm perfect" (don't ask, I don't even know), a set of five colored gel pens (not pigment ink, but it'll pass), Disney's Robin Hood - Most Wanted Edition DVD (back when Disney artwork was actually decent, not overloaded with distracting straight lines where curves should be), Barnyard DVD (saw it in the theater with a friend, he's going to kill me when he finds out I have it), black dress pants, black and blue embroidered dress shirt, Happy Bunny poster that reads "I did it, but I'm blaming you." (already on my wall, dominating that section of my room), butane lighter ( ^.^ ), and a Stitch stuffed figure (the only recent Disney movies I can really get into - maybe it's the lack of straight lines...).

In all, a decent set of gifts. I just wish I was able to get more out to other people. o.o

A new wallet, a new watch, a Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive (1.0 GB), a YuGiOh! TCG Tin with Limited Edition "Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder" (Yes, I like the card game - go ____ yourself), and some new undergarments (jeans, boxers, etc.). I was supposed to get a DS game as well, but my mother couldn't preorder any, so I'll probably have my dad get one for me later on today. Heck, I'll be spending the whole week with him... might as well. =P

EDIT: Our house is Wii-less! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOES!!!

Oh well... at least I got a Ipod Nano that I didn't even want... xD

20" Digistar TV, Stack of war related DVD's (Full Metal Jacket, Saving Private Ryan Collector Series, Tora! Tora! Tora!, Jarhead, To End All Wars), Acer Laptop, a well crafted celtic dragon candle holder, and a wonderful Chocolate Orange.

Some kahlua and jack daniels chocolates too.

How well do my parents know me:

Good:

Random anime volume that I can't remember the name of

CDs that I picked out

Kick ass Full Metal Alchemist Jacket...shirt...thing

Box of sweet tarts ($1)

Bad:

Random YiGiOh toys... I have'nt watched yugioh in how long?

DragonBall GT card tins... GT sucked, and so dose the card game

------

Now don't get me wrong. I'm greatful for everything I got, it's just that I hate for them to buy me something I don't want, becauce it's a waste of thier money. I mean, I'm 19 and they're buying me toys. Gift cards kick ass, even if they are for a suck ass store*coughWalMartcough*. Although they say I'm hard to buy for, they don't ever ask me anymore. Finnaly, I'd like to remember that it's not about the gifts either (don't ask me what it is about though, I don't know anymore). There are some people in the world who don't have money to buy thier children gifts. I'd rather my parents buy some toys to give to Toys4Tots than buy me anything. I bought myself the best preasent of all in November (Wii), so I don't need that much. Well, Happy Holidays to all of you. Especially Duckboy. :D

How well do my parents know me:

Good:

Random anime volume that I can't remember the name of

CDs that I picked out

Kick ass Full Metal Alchemist Jacket...shirt...thing

Box of sweet tarts ($1)

Bad:

Random YiGiOh toys... I have'nt watched yugioh in how long?

DragonBall GT card tins... GT sucked, and so dose the card game

------

Now don't get me wrong. I'm greatful for everything I got, it's just that I hate for them to buy me something I don't want, becauce it's a waste of thier money. I mean, I'm 19 and they're buying me toys. Gift cards kick ass, even if they are for a suck ass store*coughWalMartcough*. Although they say I'm hard to buy for, they don't ever ask me anymore. Finnaly, I'd like to remember that it's not about the gifts either (don't ask me what it is about though, I don't know anymore). There are some people in the world who don't have money to buy thier children gifts. I'd rather my parents buy some toys to give to Toys4Tots than buy me anything. I bought myself the best preasent of all in November (Wii), so I don't need that much. Well, Happy Holidays to all of you. Especially Duckboy. :D

Lol, you got toys and you're nineteen. If you didn't like anime, you wouldn't get toys for Xmas. Lawl.

And for the record, toys are the biggest waste of not a video game.

'Cause quite frankly I'm too lazy to retype this again...

Nothing.

No, seriously, today I didn't get anything. My family's outta town. But I got a few things already (and we're celebrating again when they get back, so it's all good).

From Mom:

~A beautiful lamp, the base of which is a brass rod encased in cubes and spheres of clear resin, with a turquoise shade; it matches my apartment awesomely and I will definitely take a picture of it to post later.

~An LED mini-flashlight (which is awesome since I always seem to break my regular ones... 9.9)

~$50

~Stocking stuffers including two packages of those fun decorative tissues (always great to have in your purse or glove box :D), several AVON roll-on deodorants (no, I don't stink, Mom just knows I really like this particular kind so she stocks me up every year so I don't have to remember to order it), and a 10-flavor box of Jelly Belly jellybeans.

From Dad:

~$200 (half of a two-in-one birthday/Christmas gift, XD)

Got home from New Mexico yesterday and recieved the last of my gifts. I got the hi-end Xbox 360 which came bundled with Need for Speed: Most Wanted and had the XBLA game Hexic HD on the HDD. A book on etiquette called.. Etiquette, for prom and whatnot. Which is actually pretty interesting, if only for it's explanations on common sense things like why you shouldn't twirl an umbrella with metal spokes in the middle of a crowded city street. A long-sleeve shirt, a black sweater, and a Green Day t-shirt (I don't really care for them, but I can always use one of the T-Shirt Transfer sheets to put some really cool graphic on the back or something :P). And then I got money and a Best Buy gift card. Sadly, half of it's going towards savings for college. I also got a debit card which.. I haven't set up yet.

I'll be going out today to try and find "deals" on returned X360 games.. I'll be keeping an eye out for Sonic Next. :P