A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Which background should i use ?

This one

[qimg]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p188/SonicDestiny/1.png[/qimg]

or This one

[qimg]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p188/SonicDestiny/2.png[/qimg]

2nd ones colours are more interesting but cos you've ripped that sonic cd title screen out of some emulator at the actual pixel drawn resolution the proportions are waaaay off, it's meant to be fatter, look at the circle behind sonic and you'll see its actually an oval.

This is because sonic cd's title screen was drawn at a less wide/thinner ratio than the standard 320x224 and then just stetched long ways to fill the screen, can't remeber exactly why, but there you go.

This is because sonic cd's title screen was drawn at a less wide/thinner ratio than the standard 320x224 and then just stetched long ways to fill the screen, can't remeber exactly why, but there you go.

It's due to the Mode7-esque clouds. They can only run in a 256x224 resolution for some reason. The special stages are the same.

=D thanks that was actually bugging me a little there, if he needs it in the normal resolution he could just rip it out of the pc version or just use gens and make it stretch to fit the window.

Ironically I'm nearly reponsible for derailing this thread even though ive moaned about people doing that in the past so heres some sxg pics.

some of desert dash's tiles

ddz1.jpg

and a bit of wood works act 2 layout

wwz2layoutmini.gif

click here for bigger versions

I love it! What's the story? A death egg manufacturing plant?? Or just a secret base?

Its a base on an island, where eggman launches his 3rd generation death egg :)

Tree Top Zone Act 1:

treemq1.jpg

(the levels are highly updated since the last videos.)

"tileset making skills" - How can you say that, considering almost nothing is actually original in his backgrounds? He does have a good sense of judgement with mixing and recoloring things however. The only one I really don't like is the machine level.

The only irk i have with this desert zone is it's a bit dull colour wise for a sonic game, you seem to have captured the sonic feel quite well in other zones, but this one doesn't scream sonic to me.

Your game is shaping up really nicely though!