A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Chaos Planet | Demo 1 Released

MrKsoft

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost. It was not totally from SCD. Just inspired by.

It was a background library at SFGHQ (might still be now) by Blue Frenzy, with different time zones. Nexus is using the "Bad Future" variation and I'm using the "Present" variation.

I believe it's a coincidence.

ATTENTION KSOFT, QUIT STEALING MY IDEAS.

Nah, just kidding. Those screens Felik posted are old. Yes, it still looks like that a little, but that was before I edited the crap out of it. I am using the Bad and Good futures as bases and building off them. As long as he uses the present, it's not that big of a deal. And even then, it's not that big of a deal.

Xoram: Conspiracies are the win. Pass me the Kool-Aid.

It is somewhat better. It will go full speed with Machine Ind. Speed on. It hovers around 50 without. I think that it'll do, as optimization is driving me a bit mad right now.

EDIT:

[qimg]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m34/MrKsoft/SCP-RR1-4.png[/qimg]

Just tryin' things.

Much MUCH better :) Maybe you should add another layer of mountains in the background, and another tone for the sky (or a gradient). Also, border tiles for the foreground wouldn't hurt, and some details like flowers and bushes.

Anyway, overall, the new background is much better.

Hey. Why don't you, Slingerland, unite with Ksoft and make a game together? You'd make it 2x faster and better? Styles of your games are pretty similar and they could be a cool game!

Just because they used backgrounds from the same Sonic game for a Sonic game doesn't make their games similar you know.

Last time I tried a team effort (the original version of this game) it collapsed three levels in and sucked.

I'll see what I can do with the level art. The background will be improved and I might just re-do the foreground bits since the depth parts were made using the bevel option in Paint Shop Pro. =P

I just suggested. That because MANY cool games are never finished because their authors don't manage with such labour.

How long have you been here? Anyway, team efforts usually fail. One person doesn't hold up their end of the bargain and the project falls into obscurity. That's why I'm the main dude and I have people "freelance," like Aerosol, to do a little dirty work (and because he wanted to get involved). DW likewise with our sweet gimmick pack.

Teams are not good for amateur people. Some help from people is always good and it helps improving the game, but teams always fails because some people wors more than other.

Thank you Slingerland ^^

Me and Nitemare are the best team in the WORLD.

Ever.

Also new background has a much better sense of depth.