A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Chaos Planet | Demo 1 Released

MrKsoft

Sorry, it's a Nexus thing for now. Might I recommend this Platform Swing extension to get you in the right direction. It comes with tutorials...

Meh, I looked at that and as interesting as it was, not only did the platform not move in sync with the chain, neither would the player and the sad part is it's a problem with the extension. =/

I based mine off your tutorial, Lark. It's just that Sonic doesn't want to stick to the platform now. After adding in the collision from the moving platform code, Sonic would first just fly off to random x coordinate, and it turned out to be an alterable value conflict. But, I fixed that and it still didn't work. So I just made it solid, removed the sticking code, and left it until later. >_<

Try starting with clean values as to not have to worry about anything. ( I hate having conflicts with Alt. values not knowing that they're already in use. >.< ) You'll need 2, 1 for the X and another for the Y. At the start of the level, set Value 1 to the platform's X and Value 2 to the platform's Y. Now as the platform moves, it's current position will be different from Values 1 and 2. If they do differ and your bottom sensor isn't on the platform, update the values. If your bottom sensor IS on the platform, add to your X the value of the platform X - Value 1 and add to your Y the value of the platform Y - Value 2. Do this positioning code for all your sensors as well; especially the bottom sensor. I'd also recommend doing this for Sonic so he looks like he's snapping to the platform perfectly. After all this has been done, update Values 1 and 2.

Give that a read through and it'll hopefully help. If you've looked through my swinging platform events, you'll notice one dealing with when you jump. Even though Sonic 1 didn't do this, I didn't like how when you jumped, it was like you lost the speed from being on the platform, so I converted the platform speed ( Using the platform X - Value 1 ) over to your speed. I would add it to your speed instead of setting it so if you're already moving, you'll have that speed plus the speed from the platform. You can also do something similar to make it so as the platform is going up or down, it affects your jump as well.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic