A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The wii countdown begins..

shadowgoten

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG GO TO GAMESTOP AND PLAY A WII. Demo kiosks are up and it's the most amazing thing in the world. They had to ask me to leave and said "don't you have class or something?" Then I said..."I did." Thanks, Wii...I missed Classical Mythology because of you and I couldn't be happier.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

____ this paper that I just spent all night writing, I'm going to Gamestop!

I liked Excite Truck, kinda took a while to get the hang of it though. Still good fun!

Also, the marathon stopped loading after about 40 minutes for me. But from what I saw, it looked great.

Especially connecting to the servers that don't exist yet.

Hey, guys, I'm hearing a lot of stuff about these component and composite cables. Early reviews from certain websites, like GameSpot or IGN, discuss how the picture quality difference between composite and component is "night and day", respectively. Why does the Wii ship with the composite cables when the component cables are better? Plus, what are each of them? I'm lost on the terminology.

Why does the Wii ship with the composite cables when the component cables are better? Plus, what are each of them? I'm lost on the terminology.

Cheapassery and making you buy propietary accessories for moneis. As for the second question, composite is your regular AV cable with 3 colors (red and white for audio and yellow for video). Component has the 2 audio colors but divides the image transfer into three parts: one for luminance and two for chrominance This results on a much cleaner image (data doesn't get mixed) and has bandwidth enough to carry HD signals.

wii-accessories-20061011003640943.jpg

Composite.

wii-accessories-20061011003640756.jpg

Component.

As far as quality goes: Coaxial << Composite <<< S-video < Component << DVI/HDMI