A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The wii countdown begins..

shadowgoten

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, I'm almost Cartman waiting for it...

I'm planning on getting (not necessarily all at launch...)

Zelda (durr...)

Excite Truck

Monkey Ball

Red Steel

Elebits

Maybe I'll get

NFS Carbon (if the controls work well enough)

Rayman (looks interesting, but I'll have to try it first)

FarCry (the new controls look interesting, even if I didn't care for the other games...)

Of course, later I'll be getting Smash Bros and Sonic, but you knew that already...

With just about a week to go for the wii to arrive, I'm pretty f'in stoked to get the console! So stoked that I will be waiting at midnight to get my already paid off console :D.

Are you guys planning on getting it? And if so, what games do you plan on getting?

SG, you are a lying pig dog infidel! The 1 week countdown doesn't begin for another hour.

Oh, the answer is yes, I might even camp out somewhere if I'm feeling crazy. And I'm probably only going to get Twilight Princess to start with... then more for my birthday (December 6), and Christmas.

Meh. College sucked the money out of me. I'll be playing FFXII and FFIIIDS until December 12th, when I'll get Twilight Princess for the GCN (the only REAL version of TP. I'm fighting the power by giving the power money a month later. That'll show them! >_>) and that will last me until christmas, when my daddy gets me a Wii and some game I tell him to, plus the retro controller. And I'll ask for some of those Wii Point cards for my stocking.

Basically, I've got today through 2007 all planned out.

I have twilight princess and the wii itself fully paid off. And I've got Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi 2 (yes I'm lame and like those games) as well as Metal slug anthology (40 bucks for all 6 metal slugs GTFO!!!) on reserve waiting to be paid off. Other games I'm thinking about shelling out the cash for, red steel, Call of Duty 3, and excite truck.

I'm damn well going to get Elebits and Wario ware, I do wish they were launch titles though ;_;.

I also paid off on one of the classic controllers. 20 bucks is an effin steal on those things.

I'm not a big fan of the DS trauma center..but what do you guys think about the wii one?

EDIT: ALSO, did any of you guys catch wind of Mario RPG and Kirby's Superstar being rated by the ESRB, that means they should be appearing on the virtual console very soon >.< I'm like a giddy little school girl right now!

Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

Kirby's Super Star (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)

Starfox 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)

Super Metroid (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)

Excitebike (NES; rated E for Everyone)

Ice Climber (NES; rated E for Everyone)

Dr. Mario (NES; rated E for Everyone)

Mario Brothers (NES; rated E for Everyone)

Ice Hockey (NES; rated E for Everyone)

Soccer (NES; rated E for Everyone)

list from http://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744751p1.html

I wish I had money.:(

I'm pretty sure people will be camping out pretty early, If I were you, I'd go there and bring a DS or something, the line is always fun, we had like tons of rounds of mario kart DS when I was in my preorder line. If you are hardcore enough, I'd just go the whole night ;D.

But to be more realistic...I'd say 4 or 5 am maybe?

Kind of a strange question, but can anyone confirm whether or not the Wii will be using software emulation? If it was driven somewhat by hardware, it'd be superb playing N64 games at higher framerates. 30FPS or less just doesn't cut it for me anymore. :P

Kind of a strange question, but can anyone confirm whether or not the Wii will be using software emulation?

Hardware for GC games, software emulation for N64 and older, if I'm not mistaken. Hardware means it'll play practically identical but it's the safer way, software can either provide improvements or have issues depending on the efficiency of the code.

I'm pretty sure people will be camping out pretty early, If I were you, I'd go there and bring a DS or something, the line is always fun, we had like tons of rounds of mario kart DS when I was in my preorder line. If you are hardcore enough, I'd just go the whole night ;D.

But to be more realistic...I'd say 4 or 5 am maybe?

Any snakers? Id like to whoop ass near my local target.