A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SFA progress

Blue Frenzy

• 1 month later...

Well, some news about sfa. This time I come with some news. I began with cutscenes. No sprites done for it, so I use just paint pictures while waiting for the final sprites. Just a pic of how it should look. Cutscenes will have 2 parts. Animated parts and conversation parts. Currently, conversation parts has been started.

Alo I updated the list of levels.

HPZ act 1 completed.

HPZ act 2 started

LEZ act 2 completed

MCZ act 2 completed

New Metal Sonic boss completed

Cutscenes started

Story redesigned for adding a Final chapter.

Now some pics

cutbasegt8.jpg

madchasezonenv9.jpg

metalbossdy1.jpg

Some backups are done. And no, as I said before, it's something different.

There are 2 layers, in front and behind. Mecha sonic moves spining on circles changing layer, there is also an strange machine ball that also rotates and bounce on ground. If you destroy the ball, an electric wave will happen and mecha sonic will be forced to stop. Its time to hurt him. After 8 hits it's done.

As i saw, people likes the paint version, so I decided to upload this. is the SFA opening animation, but made in paint. It's the real scheme that will be converted into a real animation after everything is done. But actually i just made this "how it should look" to show the scheme to the guy is helping me to make animations. It contins some spoilers, but no one will notice because no one knows what's storyline about. Also it's very noticeable that after some time making bmps, i became bored so quality decreased even more as the movie is advancing.

This is just for laughts, right click->save as:

http://rael0505.com/download/bluefrenzy/sfaopscheme.wmv

Yeah, that song's alright, but doesn't really fit IMO, vocals are too high pitched for me. I'm imagining the final animated OP as I watch it, and boy I can't wait to see the actual thing ;)

The game is still shaping up nicely, as always! Darkspeed's new design looks great. Also, Classic Metal Sonic boss is win.

...uh what can I say...PROJECTED RELEASE DATE?