A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog - The unlockables

Aki-at

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jesus christ, thats not even funny. wasnt this supposed to be sonics 1th aniversary of his first game? im not pleased with these japanese companies (oops, that sounded kinda racist...point still stands) giving europe (mainly UK) poop(lol censor) because they have to sodding 'translate' the games, when the US games would work perfectly fine.

meh /rant

jesus christ, thats not even funny. wasnt this supposed to be sonics 1th aniversary of his first game? im not pleased with these japanese companies (oops, that sounded kinda racist...point still stands) giving europe (mainly UK) poop(lol censor) because they have to sodding 'translate' the games, when the US games would work perfectly fine.

meh /rant

You do know, Sonic Next is coming out a whole month in Europe before Japan right?

Anyway new screens featuring the town stage, seems very bland (the ones with Silver) found here

Also found this on the site.

sonichedgehog104294km7.jpg

Wow. Sonic and Tails look so badass.

I hate how much that textures repeats, specifically in the second picture. You can literally make out tiles. And I'm hoping like hell it's the equivalent of Mystic Ruins. As in like, Angel Island and the shrine and whatnot are all attached there. Assuming that stuff is still there (does Tails still have a workshop? etc). However, I'm also doubting that because it can be seen from Soleanna. Granted things don't have to be layed out like they were in SA but still.. it's just a damned close place to decide to put the floating isle and the like.

I can't wait. ::thinks about it::

I can't wait to not have this game. Maybe I can get money from all my relatives and buy an X360 for Xmas. Yay for one present. ;-;

Yeah, Tails still has a workshop. In Sonic Rush, it even looks exactly like the one from SA. ...The only problem is, that makes Sonic Rush the least canon piece of plastic ever. ;_;

As for other old places, well, we've got Wave Ocean. If that's a remake of Emerald Coast, I hope we see more =p

Also, game ships tomorrow in the US (which most likely means it will be on sale on the 15th - lol 15 anniversary). I paid mine off in full, and as a bonus for preordering, I got:

This thing. It's pretty small, but sexy! (Also, I don't mean the game.)

Yea, Wave Ocean's a confirmed remake of Emerald Coast. And yea, I haven't finished Rush yet so I've no idea. I play it every once in awhile as the NDS is actually my sister's- despite the game being mine. I still hope we'll eventually establish a real canon. It'd be great if like.. that apocalyptic level was actually a segment of an area of Soleanna that could actually be called "Station Square" or something. However that hasn't happened so far.

Now that I think about it though, the Egg Carrier is back. So.. hmm.. whatever.

Doesn't work. Wave Ocean is Sonic's first level.

The script was leaked, and I took a little peek at it. I'm a bad boy ;_; Also, a notorious figure we know as Blackarms somehow received a copy of the strategy guide, and yes, both sources confirm Wave Ocean is Sonic's first level.

Beginning of the game goes like this (trying to be as barebones as possible):

Eggman tries to princess-nap Elise, Sonic saves her. Sonic leaves her for a second later on to deal with some robots, but Eggman gets Elise onto the so-called Egg Carrier while Sonic's busy. Elise throws Sonic a Chaos Emerald. Eggman flies away. Then town stage, I think, and Sonic meets with Tails. Then Sonic runs off to find Elise, and ends up in Wave Ocean. Not so sure about the last part.

This information is compiled from several sources, btw, some being screenshots...Obviously I took many liberties with this.

Umm, apparently Black Arms has found some reviews: from him ofcourse:

First off, PLAY Magazine rates this game a 9.5 out of 10, saying it's the first great 3d Sonic game. They claim it's better than the 2d Sonic's...

A show called "Game On" rated the game an 8.7, saying it's the best 3d Sonic game to date, but still has a few issues, but these issues don't affect the game too much, and the auto reset on the camera helps greatly. Game On also showed some new footage of Radical Train, White Acropolis, Dusty Desert, and Aquatic Base.

"First off, PLAY Magazine rates this game a 9.5 out of 10, saying it's the first great 3d Sonic game. They claim it's better than the 2d Sonic's.."

I still don't believe this is true. I could've sworn like.. last month's issue of Play stated that the game was so-so and wasn't much like they expected. Going from something like that to "better than the 2D Sonic games" is a huge jump.

I'm not going to complain though. If this ends up actually being better for me than the original SA (and from the level design I'm seeing, I'll still miss it) then so be it. It's just.. that's a big jump.

We'll just have to see what IGN thinks of it... If it's truly is good I imagine it won't get more than an 8, because I know Sega is simply not capable of 10 greatness. (Not to mention IGN is rather harsh when it comes to reviews and sometimes I wonder biased... As if they intentional lower the scores and make fluff up to make their final score seem more reasonable. It doesn't matter the game has the best sound track in the world, if the game sucks they are going to give it a 5-6 on sound)

The guy who gave Sonic Next 9.5 has put it as one of his gaming favs.

Games: Jet Set Radio Future, God of War, Gunvalkyrie, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Guardian Heroes, Tomb Raider Legend, Fable, Maximo Ghosts to Glory, Psychonauts, Okami, Jet Force Gemini, Blinx and Blinx 2, Ghouls ‘n’ Ghosts, Ultimate Ghosts ‘n’ Goblins, Viewtiful Joe 2, Earthworm Jim, Crash Bandicoot, Battletoads in Battlemaniacs, Conker Live and Reloaded, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time, LandStalker, Kameo: Elements of Power, Donkey Kong Country 2, Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath, Daxter, Astal, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Sonic 360, Super Mario 64 and Sunshine, Voodoo Vince, Magician Lord, Wario World, Wario Land (Virtual Boy), Death Jr., Dynamite Headdy, and many, many more…

Notice he doesn't even list at least one of the old school Sonic games! so this game has to be something to be put in there. You can find his full profile here