A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog - The unlockables

Aki-at

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, in SatAM i could have SWORN sonic's elders (Like his uncle for example) was WAY over 50 and was the exact same size as sonic.

I dont see the reason for them making sonic taller. It just makes his awsome Sonic Adventure running animation look retarded.

At least until i get used to it.

"You know, in SatAM i could have SWORN sonic's elders (Like his uncle for example) was WAY over 50 and was the exact same size as sonic."

You know I could've sworn SatAM wasn't Sonic Team or SEGA. I'm just saying.

"I dont see the reason for them making sonic taller. It just makes his awsome Sonic Adventure running animation look retarded."

What's so bad about the running animation? And really I like this way better. Sonic's supposed to be like the "older brother" figure for Tails. And it helps a lot that Tails is noticeably smaller than him now. I can even see a scene of Sonic patting Tails on the head actually happening now. And on the real, no one complained when they made Sonic taller for SA2 and Heroes. In his original 3D incarnation he was like.. 2.5-3ft high.

What's so bad about the running animation? And really I like this way better. Sonic's supposed to be like the "older brother" figure for Tails. And it helps a lot that Tails is noticeably smaller than him now. I can even see a scene of Sonic patting Tails on the head actually happening now. And on the real, no one complained when they made Sonic taller for SA2 and Heroes. In his original 3D incarnation he was like.. 2.5-3ft high.

Actually, in every 3D incarnation before this one, he was exactly one meter tall. He didn't get any taller between Adventure 1 and Adventure 2, as evidenced by the various scenes where you can compare Shadow and Maria's height. What changed was his overall build between SA1 and SA2. Now, in Heroes, they reverted on the build a little and made him much more rigid than in SA2 (personally, I prefered the more flowing look), and that ended up looking closer to SA1 which meant that Sonic looked shorter. He was still the same height of course. Thats obvious when comparing graphical styles between Heroes and Shadow.

Now, they actually increased his height to a fairly standard human height somewhere between 1 and 2 meters... which can be seen when looking at comparison shots of Sonic and Elise.

Eggman just became downright beastly though. He kinda resembles Spiderman's King Pin.

Just incase but have you all seen the vids on IGN where it shows sonic boarding down crisis city, Blaze and Silver in Crisis city and Shadow fighting some more in Crisis City.

Also, here is the commercial from Blackarms on G-faqs:

Sombrero_Shadow

Posted 11/6/2006 10:44:10 AM

message detail Yay! The Sonic Next-Gen tv commercial and magazine adds have started playing!

I don't have alink to the TV commercial, but I do have one to the superb magazine add, with way cool new CG art-

http://downloads.sega-europe.com/blogs/soniccity/20061103/Sonic-Next-gen-Ad.jpg

Awsome.

Also, SEGA of Europ has released a timeline of the commercial. It basicly shows how the commercial plays out-

Story Board 1- http://downloads.sega-europe.com/blogs/soniccity/20061103/The-Sonic-Age-1.jpg

Story Board 2- http://downloads.sega-europe.com/blogs/soniccity/20061103/The-Sonic-Age-2.jpg

Story Board 3- http://downloads.sega-europe.com/blogs/soniccity/20061103/The-Sonic-Age-3.jpg

More Awsome.

And for those who dont seem to notice, theres a new vid added that shows

- Radical Train normal and mech stage area for Sonic

- A bit more on Crisis City with Sonic

- Mech speed area seems pretty cool

- Eggman's bots have been replaced with Iblis' minions

- Sonic snowboarding down White Acropolis (guessing thats its name)

- Tails running around in Wave Ocean (which is silly due to how slow he runs) could he also be helping Sonic here? the Orca is reacting the same way as if Sonic grabbed onto him

- Sonic carrying Elise and doing the homing attack! in Dusty Desert

- Town stage race

- Sonic battling Iblis in Flame Core (I'm guessing thats the stage)

Yeah its pretty cool.

Oh and whos that race against?

sonicfanst6.png

Sonic man returns!