A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog - The unlockables

Aki-at

Don't know if I should post a new topic about this but for news like this it seems pretty big (and well, the last topic is slightly odd to post in a felt) anyway we get to unlock the six OPTIONAL playable characters from Sonic Next by playing through it (those six are Knuckles and Tails etc) but I have something a bit more interesting info for you guys...turn away now if you want no spoilers...

He returns...

Super Sonic seems to be playable again in the games normal levels...so what do we make of this news folks? that brings the grand total of 12 characters playable in this game, pretty cool huh?

And a ture final ending for all S ranks?

So cool news then?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sombrero_Shadow

Posted 10/31/2006 10:59:37 AM

message detail okay, you all remember a while ago when I was telling all of the unlockables in the game? I FINALLY got confirmintation, and it looks good. Really good.

Confirmnation of my list can can be found here-

http://www.achieve360points.com/game/sonicthehedgehog/

Anyways, here the basic list, taken from this new info and from what I knew earlier.

Complete all missions in a character story- Unlock Difficult Mode for character (Any Rank) (Think of it like Super-Hard Mode)

Collect all S-Ranks with all characters- Unlock the REAL last story ending. (This is even a suprise to me)

Once you get all S-Ranks, you can buy "Super" in the shops. This confirms that Super is playable in the levels!

Complete all of the Town Stage Missions (with any rank)= Unlock Tails.

Complete all of the Missions given by the agent (GUN Commander) (With any rank)= Unlock Rouge

Complete all of the missions to the mystery of Soleana (Any Rank)= Unlock Blaze

Complete all of the Town Stage Missions (S-rank)= Unlock Knuckles.

Complete all of the Missions given by the agent (GUN Commander) (S-Rank)= Unlock Omega

Complete all of the missions to the mystery of Soleana (S-Rank)= Unlock Amy

Hope that helps.

- from gamefaqs

This is all awesome news for me.

xD Yea.. I, too, love the terminology of that one. It's very awesome. <3

"Why is this suprising? The first Sonic Nextgen teaser showed Sonic turning into Super Sonic, we even have pictures of it. Is it just because he'll be playable in normal levels? Because if thats so, I'd rather take Nack or some other rare character as an unlockable instead."

I think you're missing something. Pictures of Super Sonic != Super Sonic playable in all levels. So either you're psychic or you're trying to be cool by saying you knew already which.. I doubt you did just by looking at those pictures. Super Sonic's been in SA and SA2 as well (and I'm assuming Heroes.. no idea) but he only for like.. the very last boss. It's nowhere near the same.

I hope so for S3K retro sake.

Me and my friends use to play S3K on R*M, and always had super-attacks, wed always have contests to see who could beat a stage in the fastest time, weirdly enough the person with knuckles won :<..

Oh, and yes, I do too wait for the 360 to price drop, I can barely afford a new DS as of now.

Wait a minute, only the three hedgehogs have a participation in the storyline? What about Knuckles, Tails and the others? They are only unlockable to play on multiplayer or something like that?

They are part of the campaigns and feature playable story segments as well as optional uses in the action stages. For instance, you start out as Amy in Silver's story. ( I think anyways, if that excerpt from the script I read was really the beginning of Silver's Campaign)

I still think the only 3D game Super Sonic would work in (so far) is Heroes. It was the only sonic game that had Classical Sonicish levels that would make Super Sonic interesting to play as. (Sonic and Tails leave, Sonic gets a Double Jump or a longer floating ability similar to Tails', eliminating the need for tails, and touching rocks would cause them to burst into pieces eliminating the need for knuckles.)

Super Sonic in Next-Gen (from the level design ive seen so far) most likely would = REALLY high speed, which im sure would also = losing lots of lives. I dont know, but now that ive basically replayed each sonic game over (SADX, SA2B, SH, and StH, SADX and SH being on PC), Sonic Heroes still is the most fun game. (mainly because i cheated and got Super Hard mode, which is 10x better than normal mode.)

I still want them to use that godly graphical power they have and give tails Fur.

"It was the only sonic game that had Classical Sonicish levels"

Oh really? And what kind of "classical" Sonic levels/games, have you been playing, might I ask? I'll tell you right now, that is a fact that Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, and Shadow the Hedgehog lack these "classical Sonicish level" designs you falsely believe SH had. Again, fact not opinion. The classic Sonic games- that is Sonic 1 - Sonic & Knuckles - all had ladders, corkscrews, multiple shields, loops, monkey bars, tilting/crumbling platforms, underwater segments, and special stages. I believe you're confusing this with Sonic Adventure.

Classical Elements in Heroes:

How many out of those does Sonic Heroes actually contain? Not multiple shields (just invinciblity and the regular one). No monkey bars or ladders. Tilting/crumbling platforms? None that I can remember. Underwater segments? Frog Forest had water, but we couldn't explore it. It had corkscrews, loops, and special stages no doubt. Final score: 3.

Classical Elements in Sonic Adventure:

There were three shields in SA: invincibility, electric/ring shield, and the regular shield (should've had more imo). There were corkscrews and loops. Monkey bars and ladders. Both tilting/crumbling platforms. However, it didn't have any special stages and the only underwater segment I can remember was minimal at best. Final score: 5.

How then SH is the only level with "classical sonicish levels" is beyond me. It lacks quite a bit of the elements used in classic Sonic level design. If you think SH is fine, that's cool.. but that doesn't mean it contains classic Sonic design. If anything, it changed Sonic levels by having cart sections, incorporating fighting (although overly limited) into the design, and using a "hit switch to progress" style of play.