A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog - The unlockables

Aki-at

"Tails running around in Wave Ocean (which is silly due to high slow he runs)"

NOOO! ::falls to knees in anguish::

Tails is supposed to be pretty damned fast. ;-;

Apparently though, SEGA has felt it necessary to make Sonic the only being capable of reaching fast speeds.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, and they believe their going "back to the roots".

Half the reason i enjoyed Sonic Adventure so much is because Sonic and Tails were awsome. With each growing game, Tails becomes more and more useless. (except for SA2, he was just as useful in SA2 as he was in SA, but no one liked his mode of play.)

"but no one liked his mode of play"

Well.. can you blame them? How about we take Sonic the Hedgehog and strap him to something? Although, I didn't mind it that much. I'd of liked it more if he weren't, but I dealt with it, and it was indeed fun. It's just.. it shouldn't of been Tails. Robotnik was fine.

I enjoyed tails levels alot myself. Tails' action stages had the best music out of all of them, IMO. (But that themesong...ugh. I could stomach the lyrics in SA because i loved how the music sounded, but the one in SA2 was just horrible.)

Im just really tired of them hacking tails to pieces each game, and thats why im making a tails game now. He was such an awsome character (first time i played Sonic 3 on Genesis.), and even when knuckles was introduced he was still pretty cool..

But for some reason he just gets worse with each game. I think it was pretty awsome in SA how you could keep up with sonic by flying (how Tails always was), but i still dont get how they decided to slow him down each game AND refuse to age him any. It just makes no sense that sonic has gone from what, 16 to almost 18/19, and tails still looks like hes 8?

Err.. but see they didn't age Sonic. They just made him taller. 16 year olds are normally taller than 8 year olds. I'm expecting Amy to be taller than Tails, but shorter than Sonic (she's like 10 or something).. although.. she might end up being about the same size as Sonic because she has heels. If Cream were in the game she'd be about the height of Tails.

Sonic is still 16, they just decided to make it noticeable that there's age difference between the characters. ::cue scene of Sonic patting Tails on the head::

Oh, that i diddnt know.

I could have sworn they aged him in Sonic the Hedgehog.

Well, i personally think the old SA running animation, although it was the best one it only worked with that model of sonic.

For this taller one, i think the Sonic Heroes running animation would look alot cooler. (dunno why, i really liked the Heroes running animation after a while. It actully made him look like he was running pretty fast.)

Tails' action stages had the best music out of all of them, IMO. (But that themesong...ugh. I could stomach the lyrics in SA because i loved how the music sounded, but the one in SA2 was just horrible.)

You do realize that was REMIX of the SA theme, right? Same lyrics and everything?

Sonic is still 16, they just decided to make it noticeable that there's age difference between the characters. ::cue scene of Sonic patting Tails on the head::

Sonic is 15... <_<

Sonic is 15... <_<

Actually, prior to the adventure series I believe, Sonic was most diffenatly 16, Sonic Jam showed in the bios for Sonic that he was 16. I also remember hearing somewhere Knuckles was aged 15, though I don't know where from.

And I like Sonic being taller then Tails, gives more of the big brother little brother friendship you can have going there.

I'm surprised no ones commented on the video itself, what Sonic man not good enough for you?

Aha! So suck me people! Suck me.. or don't actually.

"You do realize that was REMIX of the SA theme, right? Same lyrics and everything?"

And as a remix, someone is free to dislike it more than the original song. IMO all the original SA songs sound better than the remixes.

What is up with you and running animations might I ask?

Simply put, since you have to look at it 70% of the time, i would like for them to not suck. (Shadow's new one looks horrible, i thought he was supposed to float. Sonic's looks cool except for the fact his hands look odd stuck out on his sides now that hes basically human sized. But i can easily get used to it.)

I love the idea of Sonic Man and apparently this is what he says:

Sonic Man: "Did you call me? Ah, you want to know who I am, do you? I saved Princess Elise and I fight bad guys. I'm the superhero, Sonic Man! (Man, I'm cool!) Why are you dressed like me? Oh, I get it! You look up to me, don't you? Haha! I will give you my autograph! You don't want it? You're the real Sonic? Sure, kid, sure. Just for you, I'll prove to you that I'm the real thing! Let's race!"

Freakin hilarious especially when I cracked up seeing Sonic Man run.

"Freakin hilarious especially when I cracked up seeing Sonic Man run."

I know. His running animation is the best thing ever. xD

As far as the video. They stole my idea of running through buildings in the apocalyptic level (yes, I realize that section has probably been there for quite some time). Umm.. it's pretty awesome. Not exactly enough gimmicks, as DW has said, but it still looks as if it's fun to play. And I'd rather little gimmicks with great platforming than tons of gimmicks that are used over and over again in each level. ::coughHeroescough::

I dont think I should start a whole new thread especially since I dont have any pictures but... I just saw the American Sonic game commercial and its nothing like the European one..........thats not a good thing.

The American one starts off with an over view of a farm and it shows a real human farmer. Then the sky turns darker and the wind starts shaking everything. Then it shows a blur in the sky and its Sonic. Then it shows some gameplay footage and ends with Sonics head engraved in the crops.

When I saw this , I thought it was some other game because the beginning was so unSonic.

Ahem, Sonic Next Japanese site update, anyway this is what seems to be added.

- The trailer we saw a while ago now with music and a the last 45 secs cuts and replaced with the Cerberus battle.

- Shadow's story updated

Rouge's bios updated

- White Acropolis update.

zomgjw7.png

doceggmcv2.png

My two favourites from the update.