A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 new vid(wave ocean)

Herotokami

http://www.insidegamer.nl/xbox360/sonicthehedgehog/videos/1258

Sorry to start a new thread but the other one was getting kind of wierd.. If I am doing something against the rules then go ahead and delete this thread.

This features a video of Sonic in Wave ocean , his mach speed area, silver's voice, and ... just watch, its sure to have something that you will like or hate.

Personally, this just makes me want the game more.

D'oh, my info gets reposted again somehow, oh well no biggy XD copy and pasta what I said from the other topic.

The pros

- Run on water kinda (although theres a slight con to it)

- Large green areas, not all narrow, yay!

- The camara doesn't seem that bad (can make it go behind you if you want)

- The mech speed area seems cool, I hope more are like this and less like Kingdom Valleys.

- I am going to go ahead and say that Wave Ocean has one of the best level music for a Sonic game I've heard.

The cons

- Water running animation is daft. Just his usual roll move on water.

- Silver's levels look fun with the powers, but are linear, so no exploring I'm thinking.

- Silver sounds like Donatello from Turtles XD (though that may not be a con some people might like him, its okay IMO)

- Sonic slows down here and there, mostly the water running parts have drastic effects really quickly.

I'm going out on a limb to say thats not his final pose for water running, it seems to be just for a placeholder, or their seriously lacking.

Otherwise, I'm impressed. It's the first good clear video ive seen of the gameplay, where music and actual level playing is involved, where the person playing doesn't suck.

I really do like it. I'm still considering blowing the mass amount of cash on the 360. I'm not sure. Seeing as I need a new laptop.

"I'm not really feeling the hype. It seems to be still lacking."

"Plus, it looks like the same game I played from back in '99..."

Which is exactly why it's great. Sonic Adventure was a great game. To get back to that is a push in the right direction.

"It looked like a beefed up SA, but that's not exactly a bad thing. Still looked glitchy as hell though."

Damned straight.

Still looked glitchy as hell though.

Hmmm not sure how glitchy but..

1) Sonic went straight through one of those swing doors without it even moving.

2) When he jump from place to place, sometimes it seems theres a foot of invicible wall his standing on and if you see.

3) In the mech area, he goes straight through a rock.

4) The bridge part could be due to the fact that when Sonic jumps, its set to a certain value instead of just falling straight down if he collides with something (can't really remember if this happened when I did play the demo) I'm speculating on this.

It looked like a beefed up SA, but that's not exactly a bad thing.

Yeah since I like Sonic Adventure, I was hoping for something like this, and you know, DMC4 seems liked beefed up versions of their predecessors to me, which is why I love it so.

DMC4 seems liked beefed up versions of their predecessors to me, which is why I love it so.

If I didn't hate Sony, I'd get a PS3 just for that. Although being a 360 owner I get Ninja Gaiden 2. Admittedly I'm rubbish at NG and godlike at DMC, but still.

Silvers levels actually look to be a lot of fun, though I am a sucker for the havoc physics engine >.>

But it looks like your options are limited as to what you can do with the abilities, though. Most cool moves can only be used on the gree circle, and I'd imagine floating stuff at enemies gets old by the second level.

Only thing missing is some SA-esque level design. ::mauled::

I'm satisfied with Sonic's voice. Not as awesome as having Ryan Drummond back and leaving this guy to do Shadow's voice, but still alright. And as far as Silver's "anime-boy" voice. Psh, at least it's no annoying or anything. I'd rather this than something sickening or even Omega's "Kill! Terminate! I repeat myself every time you push a button! I want you to put the controller down! Kill! Terminate!" I hated playing as Team Dark for that reason. Granted, I could just turn the sound down, but a game without sound is like.. a guitar with no strings. Err.. that was bad. xD

...To be honest (Plz don't let this spur into an arguement) I'd rather see Shadow's VA come back instead of Drummond. Griffith has gotten rather adapted into the role and it is beginning to sound pretty natural (Only for sonic though >_>). His enthusiasm has been a bit more stable than Drummonds rather annoying over-enthusiasm (WEEEEEEEEEEEERRRE SONIK HEEEROS!!!).

Although, everything would be fixed in a jiffy if we could put Jaleel White in a time machine.