A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 new vid(wave ocean)

Herotokami

"...To be honest (Plz don't let this spur into an arguement) I'd rather see Shadow's VA come back instead of Drummond. Griffith has gotten rather adapted into the role and it is beginning to sound pretty natural (Only for sonic though >_>)."

Why would I spur an argument? I clearly agree. xD Just saying that this dude shouldn't be voicing two different people. I <3 Sonic's voice. It's just.. yea.. SA2 Shadow or someone else step in plz. Especially when all 3 main, playable characters are hedgehogs.. and 2 of them are voiced by the same guy.

"Well, I don't like Sliver's voice......doesn't suit him."

Lawl, why not? It could very well fit his personality, how do you know?

I think everyone is saying Silvers VA doesn't fit, because their all pegging him as another emo machine. Fortunatly, I doubt he is, I think his personality is more than that of shadow, so his voice can fit fine.

My main problem with Griffith is that his Sonic take sounds like a less hyper Usopp, while his Jet voice sounds like an overly hyper Usopp (in case people didn't know, he also voices Usopp in One Piece) and if he does seem to say something like "YAHOOO!!!" he ends up sounding drunk. Although his normal voice for Sonic sounds fine, would rather prefer Ryan during his Sonic Adventure time, before he went overly happy and hyper himself Sonic Adventure 2 onwards.

And Silver sounds like Donatello, don't diss. Plus he just invented the next find da kumputar ruum in the shape and form of "THAT TOORNEEDO!" (and if I recall correctly, his meant to be treated as Blaze's little brother so a young sounding voice was needed I guess)

"Although his normal voice for Sonic sounds fine, would rather prefer Ryan during his Sonic Adventure time, before he went overly happy and hyper himself Sonic Adventure 2 onwards."

Being that he was voice acting, I'm pretty sure it's neither Drummond nor Griffith's fault. Afterall, they're being directed. If they're being told to go for "brighter" or "energetic" then they pretty much have to. Although.. I never thought Drummond sounded hyper nor happy in SA2.. no more than in SA anyway. ::points at his Sonic toy::

"ReadyToRoll Tails?! LETS GOOO!?!"

"and if I recall correctly, his meant to be treated as Blaze's little brother so a young sounding voice was needed I guess"

Fo' real?

Being that he was voice acting, I'm pretty sure it's neither Drummond nor Griffith's fault. Afterall, they're being directed. If they're being told to go for "brighter" or "energetic" then they pretty much have to. Although.. I never thought Drummond sounded hyper nor happy in SA2.. no more than in SA anyway. ::points at his Sonic toy::

Thats it though, I've heard that they don't even have a person telling them how to act, they pretty much have the lines to themselfs and interpret how the VA think the character should say the line. And there was a change between Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2's voice acting for Sonic, he was slightly more energetic, more so anyway, although he was still pretty cool in Sonic Adventure 2, he went really overboard with Sonic Heores like "WE'RE SAWNIK HEERRROOOWWWSSS!" I bet even Ryan was thinking that was a silly line too XD maybe its all down to the scripts SEGA writes for them...

And yes, Silver is apparently between the ages of 13-15 and Blaze treats him as a little brother, at least this is what was revealed by the Cult.

That new vid of Wave Ocean pretty much confirms that this game should be pretty damn good. (I still think that they should have kept the running animation from Sonic Heroes for sonic. Even though ive been wanting the old SA one back, it doesnt look right at all on that Next Gen sonic.)

I dont know about any of you, but i really wouldnt mind a Sonic Heroes Nex-gen sequal with those graphics, that speed, and the Havok Physics.

And a new tails voice.

You can only say a stupid line so many ways. At the end of the day "Oh no it are Eggman's robots" is going to sound stupid. The writing for SA/SA2 was just.. tons better. I mean.. that scene where Sonic sees Shadow (he's supposed to be dead, right?) and he's all "A-hur! You're always up to something aren't you! Oh well. Lawl. Fight now!" Granted, I paraphrased there, but come on.. it's a totally stupid situation.

Yes, the writting I felt was the best at Sonic Adventure 2, although it did have its moments of going down slightly (the amount of times they said faker, although when I first heard it, I thought they were saying baker for some reason XD), and it single handily had the best scene ever done throughout the Sonic multiverse (IMO)

Sonic: You've become a big time villain Doctor

*Traps Sonic*

Eggman: Did you really thing you could have tricked me with that fake emerald

Tails: So How did you know it wasnt the real one?

Sonic: Tails!

Eggman: Ha, because you just told me foxboy!

One of my favourite scenes that be, from any video game too.

And I found the Chaotix vs Rose scene to be slightly stupider XD

Well, you have to admit it was leagues above what we have now. I liked that VA for Tails even though he was bad.

The only time tails was anywhere near justified was (and this will be contempt to controversy) the Sonic OVA.

"SOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNICCCCCCCCCCCCC, we gotta do something to help him!"

"YOU'RE THE ONE THAT CAN FLY! YOU DO SOMETHING!"

"YOU'RE NO HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLP!!!!!!! >\ >\ >\"

Of course, the best QUALITY va was the one he had in SATAM, simply because they did actually cast a kid to the role. Tails had no depth in that show though :\.

Tails voice acting was just so bad in SA2 though...

What have you done to Sonic? I will never forgive you for this.

The utter lack of all emotion in that statement just leaves me on the floor from laughter.

You know, when his describing the Ark to Sonic and Amy, you could so easily tell all his doing is reading his line of his sheet.

Simply because they did actually cast a kid to the role

So was Tails VA in Sonic Heroes, he was about 9 years old I believe. Tails VA in Sonic Adventure was 13 when he did his voice acting, dont know if you want to count that one or not.

The VA from Satam/AoSTH was pretty cool though. Although his voice did sound I dunno, too high perhaps at some point.

You know, when his describing the Ark to Sonic and Amy, you could so easily tell all his doing is reading his line of his sheet.

So was Tails VA in Sonic Heroes, he was about 9 years old I believe. Tails VA in Sonic Adventure was 13 when he did his voice acting, dont know if you want to count that one or not.

The VA from Satam/AoSTH was pretty cool though. Although his voice did sound I dunno, too high perhaps at some point.

Really? I thought the VA for Tails in Sonic Heroes was some fat middle-aged woman trying desperately to sound like a whiny child.

I guess your right about the SA one though... I guess puberty hit like a biatch, just like Mista Jaleel.

This looks really lame.

The Wave Ocean just looks like a rehash of what we've played before in the first two SAs. I don't really mind it THAT much, but there were a lot of little things that bugged me. Mostly that WOOSHing sound whenever Sonic jumps from a spring.

However, the mach speed part looked really nifty. It was fast and it doesn't confine Sonic to the standard "hit speed up and run in a narrow part or else suddenly slow down and die."

Silver's level looked meh. I don't know if I like the idea of telekinesis. There's something not quite Sonic about it.

"There's something not quite Sonic about it."

..Because it's Silver. ::shot::

"The Wave Ocean just looks like a rehash of what we've played before in the first two SAs."

This is true. In my ompinion, it's missing the level design of SA though. I mean.. it's not like SA's Emerald Coast was more open but like.. I dunno.. this just doesn't have such awesome stuff. It's enjoyable and awesome.. just.. yea.. nevermind.

Mach speed areas are indeed kickass. I love it.

Silver's levels look interesting, but I wonder if it'll be better than the telekenesis on Second Sight. The layout was kind of arbitrary; hit specific platform with box to topple it, use preset telekenesis to make a platform, etc. Unless later levels have more imagination and scope for individual solutions, I can't see it being too special.

And Wave Ocean looked nice, but there were plenty of small flaws. The most annoying thing for me was how Sonic would make a huge movement whenever they touched the stick; how hard is it to just make him walk at low speeds? The mach speed sections seem like fun, but don't seem any more advanced than when he ran down the sky scraper in Adventure. I'm not yet seeing anything to make non-Sonic fans buy it over another title, to make them actually care about the series.

The faster they make sonic, the harder its going to be to balance out the movement engine.

I personally think they should simply increase Sonic's max speed and cap his normal speed pretty low, only being able to reach max speed through steep slopes, loops, and speeders.

The faster sonic is, the longer and more drawn out the stages will have to be to keep the length. And the longer the stages have to be, the more room Sonic Team has to be lazy.

I still think although Sonic Adventure had some of the coolest level design and Sonic Adventure 2 was the best overall game, Sonic Heroes had the best level design. Sonic Heroes was the first game after Sonic Adventure that actully used old fashioned Sonic-type platforming. Lots of loops, crazy level design, actual slopes that curved downwards and upwards (Great example is Seaside Hill and Leaf Forest, where the slopes actully had you on a 90 degree incline), and corkscrews (just about every stage). Upon downloading SADX and Sonic Heroes for PC (omglegallyisware), Sonic Heroes was simply a better game. Sonic Adventure was good in the sense that the levels were packed with interaction, yet they were WAYYY too short to enjoy for very long. Sonic Heroes' interaction was in swiching between characters, although i can basically beat the game using only Sonic and Tails. Sonic's Blue Tornado actully allowed getting past some parts with sonic alone, allowing for some pretty cool stage stunts.

The only reason (IMO) Sonic Heroes was bashed because Team Chaotix and Team Rose existed. It would have been cool if they were unlockable through Mission/A-Rank completetion, but being forced to play them was hell. The fighting in Heroes was only forced upon you at certian times (much more nearing the last 2 stages), but i actully enjoyed it alot. (by the time Sonic reaches lvl 3, destroying noob pawns is just wonderful.)

This game has some kickass potental, and im starting to see it, but at the same time im not. The level design looks awsome, but it KIND of lacks what i liked about Sonic Heroes. Its nice to have loops , corkscrews, and slopes, but not too many.

Its good to be able to fight some moments, be able to simply hold the stick and bust out running through a path a second moment, go through spring and wall hopping stuns a thrid moment, and then have them put it all togehther for another moment for some fun. When you start to give too much of the same thing, it gets REALLY boring.

Which is why Sonic Heroes was pretty fun to me. Because of having to swich characters sometimes, it really added to the level experence instead of simply dashing through the level using homing attacks every-now-and-then.

Sonic Adventure was the same way, level interaction (homing paths, swiches, light speed dash, trampolines, springs, DOLPHINS, those 1.2.3 jump pads, monkey bars, ect ect) split up the "hold the analog in a direction and jump to win" thing going on.

Sonic Adventure 2 added even MORE interaction, with the grinding, poles, and quicker lightspeed dashes and other things with the level, as well as added more loops and crap. But once again, the levels (ESPICALLY levels like Metal Harbor) just were able to be ended too quick.