A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

*Rumor-Sonic Adventure 3 Announced end of this year - Rumor*

A.T.

Sonic-Adventure-3-copy-300x110.png

Well as the title says...Sonic Adventure 3 has been announced. Now this news isn't per-say "new" but was announced around a month or so ago.  How accurate is it as well? Well umm...it's a rumor with promising sources.  Now either way SEGA did say how they will be bringing back Sonic Series again around the end of this year (2013).  Word on the block the game will be on Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, PS Vita, PC, and “Next gen” consoles.

So with this said we can clearly say that Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 was NOT a fail reboot of the Adventure series.  Now don't get ahead of yourselves you guys because like how I said this is a rumor from a couple sources.  I will put the sources down below for you guys to check them out.

No art or videos have been released nor has there been that BIG announcement from Sega, but the information thats been getting around sounds reasonably believable for an early game rumor.  As said by Takashi Iizuka that it is "possible" for Sonic Adventure 3 to come out if enough people wanted it.  Here is a little tweet from someone a while back who apparently finds out about some inside scoop on upcoming Sonic Information.

Sonic-Adventure-3-announced.png

Now some of this information is a bit older - Late January to Late February - so lets not try to get over dramatic with the info either we still got till November till even a POSSIBLE release if the game were to even come out.  With Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) we had a year before the announcement, but with Sonic Unleashed we only had a couple of months and the first announcement for Unleashed was just rumors due to SEGA purchasing some domains for it.  So the likely hood of hearing anything more about it soon probably isn't all that likely and that we'd have a couple months ahead.  But what was a real big highlighter was that around last year in July Sega did some domain purchasing for Sonic Adventure 3 so just like what they did with Unleashed there might be a chance. To be exact they purchased about 6 domains relating to Sonic Adventure 3.

Now to get with the rumor game details if the game is real - 

Gameplay:

The game's development goes back before Generations so the game will be similar to Colors (Colours) and Sonic Generations, which will implement mostly 3D gameplay, but with the occasional 2D perspective gameplay.  The game will be bringing back Genesis style gameplay in which there are multiple routes and such but with different endings, which if I'm correct is a new idea to the Sonic series.  Also multiple characters are possibly playable on all stages meaning characters can achieve special routes others can't (will be discussed later on).

Game Consoles:

As I said above the game should be available on Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, PS Vita, PC, and “Next gen” consoles.  Assuming that 3DS will be just like the Sonic Rush series gameplay and the PC will bring about new modifications to users - my assumptions.  I won't say much for this topic of such mainly since I have no idea what we will be expecting.

Characters:

Yes! NO MORE NEW CHARACTERS! As hoping for, there are no more new characters in this game - said a source.  Why are we happy that there are no more new characters? Simply because back in the late 90s to early 2000s Sega went on a crazy rage of mass producing characters that only left an impact on one game title and were super generic and nothing truly interesting about them, plus it sparked a crazy annoying fan base and mass number of kids started making up side stories hoping that the failed character would return again. So with that said they won't bring about any new souls.  Now back on the subject, there will be about 10 playable characters that aren't new to the series.  My assumptions lead me to believe that the playable characters would be Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Shadow, Rouge, Amy, and others.  You will be starting out with Sonic and through then you'll unlock more characters which will then lead to different paths and different goal routes on levels.  As said earlier it's starting sound like a Sonic Adventure style gameplay.  What game it reminds me of is Sonic and Knuckles 3, but apparently the levels are the same but just not reachable with certain characters.  Example would be: Sonic and Shadow cant climb walls to reach higher point so Knuckles could climb the wall or tails can fly on up.  Now how I said once again earlier, these are all rumors and assumptions on the character play through so we can't say for sure what will be in and what would be out of the game.

Levels:

Other than 20 three-act stages, Generations/Colors style, and different ending routes don't expect more details until a later date in time.  Level replay will be with any character of your choice - what I said in the Characters section.

That is about all the info I could find around the Inter-web. 

SEGA MAY CHANGE THE NAME BUT THEY ARE CURRENTLY USING SONIC ADVENTURE 3.

Until Sega makes an official announcement these are all rumors made by insiders and sources that were able to get something from Sega without Sega saying anything to the public. - so may be all fake...

Sources - 

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/01/rumour-sega-to-announce-new-sonic-game-next-month/

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=195685

http://leviathyn.com/games/news/2013/02/06/rumor-new-sonic-game-is-sonic-adventure-3/

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/24/new-sonic-to-be-revealed-in-february-rumour/

http://www.ign.com/blogs/troyfullbuster/2013/02/08/sonic-adventure-3-31313/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1gTaBGXZbA

• Like 1

Hmmm..... I sense crap! But I'll take it with a grain of salt.

But if this is true, then dang. I just made an SA3 petition earlier.

Stritix told me in our private chat conversation that this was all done by an amazing troll a while back.  But I spent a good 2 hours whipping this all up so I'm leaving it up hahaha it's good to fantasize about what COULD be Sonic Adventure 3 though.

So with this said we can clearly say that Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 was NOT a fail reboot of the Adventure series.

Sonic '06 would still have been intended as a spiritual successor to the Adventure games regardless of whether another official Adventure title was announced or not.

Hopefully this topic doesn't suffer from the usual fantardishness which tends to manifest around this subject.

Sonic '06 would still have been intended as a spiritual successor to the Adventure games regardless of whether another official Adventure title was announced or not.

No one was saying it wasn't. From the info that I was given (which is now fake & lies from some troll a while back without my knowledge at the time) Sonic 2006 wasn't an Adventure game, and still isn't due to its lack of connection between the first and second one and it never being Advertised by Sega as the 3rd game in the Adventure series.  But in a way I'd say it's a spin off from the series in which then I'd say it could be a successor to the series.

Hopefully this topic doesn't suffer from the usual fantardishness which tends to manifest around this subject.

Knowing that everything I sourced and such above was done by a troll it's safe to say we probably won't be getting another Adventure series game, but who knows.  People can think what they want but its been a couple years since we seen an Adventure game so I guess Sega let it die out.

No one was saying it wasn't. From the info that I was given (which is now fake & lies from some troll a while back without my knowledge at the time) Sonic 2006 wasn't an Adventure game, and still isn't due to its lack of connection between the first and second one and it never being Advertised by Sega as the 3rd game in the Adventure series.  But in a way I'd say it's a spin off from the series in which then I'd say it could be a successor to the series

No-one was saying it *was* an Adventure game, I was saying it was intended as a spiritual successor, which is true. Even if Adventure 3 was coming, that wouldn't have changed the fact that SEGA still developed Sonic '06 with the intent of it spiritually succeeding the Adventure series. Note that I'm in no way insinuating that Sonic '06 IS Adventure 3, simply that even the existence of the latter wouldn't change what the former was intended to be, or is considered. It doesn't have to officially be a 'Sonic Adventure' title to merely spiritually succeed the game series. Hell, Sonic Unleashed is considered to be a spiritual successor to the Adventure games, too.

Knowing that everything I sourced and such above was done by a troll it's safe to say we probably won't be getting another Adventure series game, but who knows.  People can think what they want but its been a couple years since we seen an Adventure game so I guess Sega let it die out.

True, however, I was referring more ot the fact that an open discussion regarding Sonic Adventure 3 is generally a disaster waiting to happen on Sonic forums.

No-one was saying it *was* an Adventure game, I was saying it was intended as a spiritual successor, which is true. Even if Adventure 3 was coming, that wouldn't have changed the fact that SEGA still developed Sonic '06 with the intent of it spiritually succeeding the Adventure series. Note that I'm in no way insinuating that Sonic '06 IS Adventure 3, simply that even the existence of the latter wouldn't change what the former was intended to be, or is considered. It doesn't have to officially be a 'Sonic Adventure' title to merely spiritually succeed the game series. Hell, Sonic Unleashed is considered to be a spiritual successor to the Adventure games, too.

True, however, I was referring more ot the fact that an open discussion regarding Sonic Adventure 3 is generally a disaster waiting to happen on Sonic forums.

Okay now I understand. English isn't my main language so I don't understand everything quite as clear as native speakers.

We can worry about it in a later point - whenever this thread DOES become a problem. As of right now it's fun to read through and laugh at the prank and such. But yes I know what you are talking about about SA3 topics becoming a disaster.

usually, I would just go "Utter bullc**p! SEGA wouldn't risk defiling the most popular 2 games in Sonic's 3D career!" but, with the lowering popularity of the two adventure titles, they wouldn't have to worry about that. However, I still think this is wrong. 1, with modern gameplay, why make the game the sequel to a game that used the Classic 3D formula? Also, with most people thinking SA2 is overrated and just generally bad, why would they make a sequel to it? With Sonic 2006, the gameplay was still popular, but dear lord, that game was the last nail in the coffin for the franchise at the time, so the series needed a mild reboot, Unleashed. Now we have a new gameplay style, why would we make a connection to the old days?

Sega will almost Definitely treat it as if the "Dreamcast" era never happened, if they know what's good for the franchise. A re-release every now and then, but nothing more. We won't be getting any franchise continuations.

Unless they get bored, then we might end up with "Shadow the hedgehog 2"

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

(oddly enough, the idea of ShTH2 intrigues me, but that's for another time)

• Like 1

usually, I would just go "Utter bullc**p! SEGA wouldn't risk defiling the most popular 2 games in Sonic's 3D career!" but, with the lowering popularity of the two adventure titles, they wouldn't have to worry about that. However, I still think this is wrong. 1, with modern gameplay, why make the game the sequel to a game that used the Classic 3D formula? Also, with most people thinking SA2 is overrated and just generally bad, why would they make a sequel to it? With Sonic 2006, the gameplay was still popular, but dear lord, that game was the last nail in the coffin for the franchise at the time, so the series needed a mild reboot, Unleashed. Now we have a new gameplay style, why would we make a connection to the old days?

Sega will almost Definitely treat it as if the "Dreamcast" era never happened, if they know what's good for the franchise. A re-release every now and then, but nothing more. We won't be getting any franchise continuations.

Unless they get bored, then we might end up with "Shadow the hedgehog 2"

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

(oddly enough, the idea of ShTH2 intrigues me, but that's for another time)

Like I said above this topic is pretty much beyond fake.  The info I got was old news and done by a troll (internet prankster)

But yes I agree with you on some points

Yeah....unless SEGA offically says soemthing, I'm calling this whole "Sonic Adventure 3" thing a farce.

If a SA3 happens then SEGA would have given in to those Sonic fans whining for a SA3. Course we already gotten a SA3...in the form of one the worst video games ever made, but still.

Yeah....unless SEGA offically says soemthing, I'm calling this whole "Sonic Adventure 3" thing a farce.

If a SA3 happens then SEGA would have given in to those Sonic fans whining for a SA3. Course we already gotten a SA3...in the form of one the worst video games ever made, but still.

Don't worry the report I did is all false info. Sadly. It sounded really good haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope it's true.
But THEY BETTER NOT USE THE BOOSTING GAMEPLAY!!!
I wanna enjoy the scenery from the background and the soundtrack
AND NOT BOOST THROUGH THE DAMN STAGE!
I was okay with Unleashed and Generations,
But in a Adventure game?
Hell no! I wanna play the game as you were in the Adventure series, 
It is called "ADVENTURE", not "BOOST THROUGH THE STAGE!" 
I know that you said it won't be called SA3, but it might as well...

I hope it's true.

But THEY BETTER NOT USE THE BOOSTING GAMEPLAY!!!

I wanna enjoy the scenery from the background and the soundtrack

AND NOT BOOST THROUGH THE DAMN STAGE!

I was okay with Unleashed and Generations,

But in a Adventure game?

Hell no! I wanna play the game as you were in the Adventure series, 

It is called "ADVENTURE", not "BOOST THROUGH THE STAGE!" 

I know that you said it won't be called SA3, but it might as well...

I might point out Sonic Unleashed's international title, Sonic World Adventure.

And you're right, it's totally impossible to enjoy this scenery while boosting.

*thumbs up*

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

To be fair, the Chao Gardens aren't coming back even if they did make an SA3. They were just there as filler and what might have worked for that time, critics and fans probably won't be as nice the third time around. The Chao have evolved from a simple pet game to one of the many creatures in Sonic's world. They're about as important as Flicky, Pocky, Cucky, Pecky.

• Like 1

I still want my Chao Garden because...
well, this is how I put it, when ever I start getting
tired/bored of playing a stage, I just want to go to
the Chao garden and enjoy myself by raising the 
Chao, its just so much fun to me. pretty much a
break from the actual game and raise the little
cute creatures ya know. It's just something I wish
they could bring back, I would LOVE that. I mean
sure, we have SA1/DX and SA2/B, but I wonder
what other ideas do they plan on bringing to the 
new garden IF they do bring it back. 

I still want my Chao Garden because...

well, this is how I put it, when ever I start getting

tired/bored of playing a stage, I just want to go to

the Chao garden and enjoy myself by raising the 

Chao, its just so much fun to me. pretty much a

break from the actual game and raise the little

cute creatures ya know. It's just something I wish

they could bring back, I would LOVE that. I mean

sure, we have SA1/DX and SA2/B, but I wonder

what other ideas do they plan on bringing to the 

new garden IF they do bring it back. 

That's understandable. We would just have to wait and see if SEGA decides whether the Chao garden should be included again or not.