A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

That R2 really does look like it could have been in Sonic CD! the art direction is fantastic,( always thought R2 would have used the textures from the Waky workbench's hidden room, way to go !)

I have some official R2 badniks from the original stage if your interested in using them. One is similar to grounder, and another is a bug that is hidden in a tube that can pop out at Sonic.

Edited by Andrew75

That R2 really does look like it could have been in Sonic CD! the art direction is fantastic,( always thought R2 would have used the textures from the Waky workbench's hidden room, way to go !)

I have some official R2 badniks from the original stage if your interested in using them. One is similar to grounder, and another is a bug that is hidden in a tube that can pop out at Sonic.

Thank you, it took almost two years to get it the way I wanted to be :ssmile:

Also you mean this http://info.sonicretro.org/images/d/d0/R2Sprites.png I'm already using them and so far the Burrobot is working, as for the others, soon.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone. It's been along time since I did anything and on my free time, I made this

PrismPalaceZoneDLC-R2-CDMockUp_zps14db51

Yup. The final remake of R2 from Sonic CD! It's the present version based on the unused video of the famous R2 (it will include the badniks that Taxman has posted a while ago, those R2 badniks).

This will be the SECOND DLC zone for my fan game. So far only two are announced (and three more to make but it won't happen later). So yeah, my game is still on hold because I

m still busy with personal business (please don't ask me on that).

It make me sad that I won't get this project going. Well that's all that I want to share.

• Like 2

Hey everyone :ssmile: Another update for everyone about small stuff.
As you all know that I uploaded Desert Dazzle 3.0 Graphic Update yesterday (so grab it now cause there's some extra content added as a surprise for everyone). Another thing is a THIRD DLC zone!!!

DLC-RoundE3-PalmtreeParadiseZone_zps50d5

Yes! Another desert theme zone (a remake from my one of my very old zone). Though the name is still not finalize, it would be great to give this fantastic zone a name (I'm willing to take names for this zone).

Well that's all the update
Ps. I made this on what very little free time on my hand :(

• Like 1

Don't mean to be a dick, and I just happened to decide to make this post in your thread (I've seen it in many others now), but what is it with making "DLC" when the game itself isn't even made yet? I've seen this in numerous fan-games now. Shouldn't you prioritize the actual game being finished before you make extras?

• Like 1

If the sprites for the main game are finished he can work on dlc himself. I know dvd well and work with him and he will have most likely finished his part of the main game, im sure the rest of his team are hard at work on the main game

I think my point went over your head.

He could, oh...I don't know, help the team finish the game instead of working on extras?

I believe he's just the spriter. With extra time he can make extra stuff until the team needs him right? I'm not sure how it goes but unless he's a coder that seems okay to me.

I mean, I guess I'm not used to people being so specific. Back in the day a "spriter" could at least do level layouts or some simple coding here and there. I guess I'm living in the past? I mean, especially when these games have around 300 people per "team"

Don't mean to be a dick, and I just happened to decide to make this post in your thread (I've seen it in many others now), but what is it with making "DLC" when the game itself isn't even made yet? I've seen this in numerous fan-games now. Shouldn't you prioritize the actual game being finished before you make extras?

Fist of all the DLC that I mention are FUTURE plans!!! I'm not going to work on them immediately crazy! These images are MOCK UPS, basically previews for the full game that will appear after the game is fully done and they may change during development. I'm busy with business and family matters and there's very little free time on my hands, half the time I don't feel like making sprites because I'm tired and not sleeping right anymore! HONESTLY EVERYONE GET OFF OF MY BACK!!!

Edited by DarkVampireDee

Fist of all the DLC that I mention are FUTURE plans!!! I'm not going to work on them immediately crazy! These images are MOCK UPS, basically previews for the full game that will appear after the game is fully done and they may change during development. I'm busy with business and family matters and there's very little free time on my hands, half the time I don't feel like making sprites because I'm tired and not sleeping right anymore! HONESTLY EVERYONE GET OFF OF MY BACK!!!

You sir, completely missed the point of that post. You shouldn't be thinking of "FUTURE plans!!!" until you have the "CURRENT plans!!!!" done. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

I'm not missing the point of it, and honestly Hez, you are being a dick for bothering me about it out of nowhere. I know what I'm doing here. Also sorry that I don't know how to delete stuff here Spykid cause otherwise I've would have been deleting stuff along time ago...

I stated in my first reply to this topic that I was calling everyone out on it, not just you. I just happened to use your topic to address it. So I guess you could call me a dick for that, but all of what I said before stands. Don't get so emotional, just finish one thing before you move on to the next.