A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Multiplayer: Race HUD: Sonic Advance 2 Style.

Have anyone here played sonic advance 2 multiplayer mode?

You know those arrows and those icons on the bottom of the screen that tell how far you and the others are from the goal?

I want to figure out how to do that kind of thing.

Im not aming for 4 players but instead, 2 players.

I have some experience with coding and i know it has something with the room width and x values.

But i can't figure it out. Im not on a pc at the moment so i can't post any coding sadly...

• 2 weeks later...

Have anyone here played sonic advance 2 multiplayer mode?

You know those arrows and those icons on the bottom of the screen that tell how far you and the others are from the goal?

I want to figure out how to do that kind of thing.

Im not aming for 4 players but instead, 2 players.

I have some experience with coding and i know it has something with the room width and x values.

But i can't figure it out. Im not on a pc at the moment so i can't post any coding sadly...

beginning of the frame:

max_distance = distance_to_goal from the player at the beginning of the frame. You can either track this as just the difference between the x of the expected sign post location minus the x where the player starts at or you can use the gold old Pythagorean theory

every frame set the x position of the target tracker to the far right of the tracker - far left of the tracker * (current_distance / max_distance)

• Like 1