A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Honestly I wish all of you guys to FUCK OFF!

FFS people would you all please stop getting on DarkVampireDee's nerves. I'm not trying to start an argument here, but this is out of hand. Now would you please leave him alone! :smad:

Out of hand? You guys are making this more than it is. No need to flip out. Hez has a really good argument here.

Have people forgotten how to take feedback? It's kind of disturbing.

Edited by Jassbec
  • Like 1

Out of hand? You guys are making this more than it is. No need to flip out. Hez has a really good argument here.

Have people forgotten how to take feedback? It's kind of disturbing.

I know people forget to take feedback these days, but I'm not trying cause a problem here. I'm just trying to be helpful.

I'm not missing the point of it, and honestly Hez, you are being a dick for bothering me about it out of nowhere. I know what I'm doing here. Also sorry that I don't know how to delete stuff here Spykid cause otherwise I've would have been deleting stuff along time ago...

Contact a moderator or an administrator and they will help you out.

I'm not gonna give in, I'm going to keep on fighting back and let people know that I am not the type to give up s easily!!! YEAH YOU ALL HEARD ME! So you better watch out who you're messing with!

Hehe, what?

Nobody was telling you to stop working on this, only to work on your priorities, lol.

Threatening people by saying you don't know who you're messing with doesn't really make you look good bro, just about the opposite.

I like how Mr Lange is banned repeatedly, even permabanned, for minor offenses, but this guy can act like this which is far worse than anything Lange did and not get punished at all.

Edited by Jassbec

DarkVampireDee, it would be greatly appreciated if you took your tone down a notch. You can't go into any project expecting nothing but praise, and you need to know how to be respectful when it comes to criticism. Nobody is trying to tear you down, so it would be nice if you didn't treat people as if they were.

I like how Mr Lange is banned repeatedly, even permabanned, for minor offenses, but this guy can act like this which is far worse than anything Lange did and not get punished at all.

While discourse of decisions in moderation isn't to be disregarded, this is neither the place nor the attitude to take to it. I understand you may be frustrated, but this is a matter to politely and privately present to an administrator. Thank you.

C'mon guys, let's all be friendly here. No reason for this kind of tension.

• Like 2

S0LV0 got to this before I could, I only recently got home from work.

Anyway... I know exactly what it is like to have personal projects be critiqued by other people, it sometimes can feel like an attack on you or as if the people are trying to really tear your work down.  But I don't think that anyone here is intentionally trying to tear you or your project down Dee. For the most part SFGHQ is a pretty chill community of people who only want to see each other flourish on whatever it is they are working on. Sure, we have our bad days just like everywhere else (some spots seem to be still sore), but overall I think we all have the best in mind for each other here.

People here are more or less trying to tell you not to get too ahead of yourself on what you are doing.  They aren't saying these things you are posting are bad, far from it - the sprites seem quite swell dude! Take a breather and relax and if its something you don't agree with that is totally your prerogative and you can pass it off if you feel it isn't helping. However please tone down the hostility because threatening others about who they are messing with and telling everyone to fuck off isn't going to help you much in the long run and will need to be dealt with warnings/strikes. This is just a heads up from me to not do it again please. People are only replying in here because they care about the project and want to see it do well :). The thing is too - critics are not always right. But some of these people have released completed projects and are only offering you maybe things they have learned from their own experiences.

As for everyone else - I won't say the name of the member who used the report feature in the event that other people get mad, but you know who you are and I thank you for utilizing it :D. At the same time please guys don't try and mod each other when the mods aren't around. It just leads to more drama in a lot of cases like "who are you to tell me what to do". The report feature is a valuable tool for us to see if/when something is getting out of hand and we can deal with it without anyone having to add more flames to the fire so to speak. Feel free to hash things out among each other too, we're not babies here, but when things get rough just use the report button to let us know :)

• Like 2

Way to make me look bad with your passionate speech, Rawr!  :#$%!:

...But seriously, pretty much what he said. People honestly criticize things because they want them to get better, not to bring them down. Sometimes that's hard to keep in mind, but for the sake of maintaining peace, you gotta do your best. Again, let's all be friends here!  :tgrin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I wish all of you guys to FUCK OFF!

Wow.

i'm so disappointed right now...

I'm disappointed in DarkVampireDee.

Nobody did anything to him. All he got was helpful criticism. He wasn't harassed, no one called him names, no one attacked him, and even when he was getting reactive, people were still mild and reasonable and trying to help. The only thing he was "standing up to" was a community eager to support him. His reaction was extreme, irrational, and uncalled for. Whatever happened to this project is his fault, nobody else's.

• Like 7

It's a shame that this even had to happen. Hez was trying to help DVD get his priorities straight, DVD took it as a personal attack, PC0 put DVD in time out to let him cool off and calm down, but instead it backfired and now DVD is gone. The thing to take away from this thread is that people do want to help, but you should never get hostile about feedback. Also, careful word choices should help prevent similar incidents.

Dont worry guys, Haven and Blue Blur are merging now, everything made for haven will not be lost, but improved upon and tweaked and will be seen in later levels of Blur Blur. I am the leader of this project and I hope the our game meets the expectation that you had for HHW.

Thanks

• Like 1