A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So, to my knowledge this is still a very early build/work in progress, so I can see a lot of things still need fine tuning. The disable range of the screen is a tad too far close, leading to pop-up. The camera's movement is really weird, it seems it's lagging behind Sonic but not at the same time. It only seems to lag behind when jumping for the most part. The engine you're using could use some adjustments to the collision detection or more or less the angle detection. Some angles it refuses to go up but that also leads into the level design. I'm not sure if it's more the level design that leads into the detection problem because some places go up very steep inclines, leading to Sonic stopping dead in his tracks. Causing for very abrupt changes of pace. 

Overall the presentation value looks pretty good (need to fix of the tiles and things but overall pretty nice), I liked the waterfall gimmick in the main meat of the demo and it was an okay time. I'm looking forward to what else you have to offer!

Edited by Light The Hedgehog

So, to my knowledge this is still a very early build/work in progress, so I can see a lot of things still need fine tuning. The disable range of the screen is a tad too far, leading to pop-up. The camera's movement is really weird, it seems it's lagging behind Sonic but not at the same time. It only seems to lag behind when jumping for the most part. The engine you're using could use some adjustments to the collision detection or more or less the angle detection. Some angles it refuses to go up but that also leads into the level design. I'm not sure if it's more the level design that leads into the detection problem because some places go up very steep inclines, leading to Sonic stopping dead in his tracks. Causing for very abrupt changes of pace. 

Overall the presentation value looks pretty good (need to fix of the tiles and things but overall pretty nice), I liked the waterfall gimmick in the main meat of the demo and it was an okay time. I'm looking forward to what else you have to offer!

Thanks man. I'll let my team know about all this, K and thank you for your honesty.

• Like 1

Oh, this is actually pretty disappointing...the game is not nearly as finished as it was suggested and this "GM Sonic Worlds" is nowhere near as good as the original (which I suggest you switch to for a much higher quality engine); the effects are tacky and the physics feel like garbage. I get that a lot of heart and soul is being put into this but there are some things hear that need desperately fixing before moving on further into the project.

Oh, this is actually pretty disappointing...the game is not nearly as finished as it was suggested and this "GM Sonic Worlds" is nowhere near as good as the original (which I suggest you switch to for a much higher quality engine); the effects are tacky and the physics feel like garbage. I get that a lot of heart and soul is being put into this but there are some things hear that need desperately fixing before moving on further into the project.

I know that it's not what everyone expected but I'm still happy because this is me and my team's proof of concept and we're not going to give up on it :ssmile: Still...we're working on all the bugs and glitches that have been said about (and not all of those special effects are "tacky" I'm proud of the effects my team put in...well you do have the right of free speech). But I am happy and satisfied that you try this and given your honest opinions on it. 

Honestly I think you didn't do justice to your fangame by releasing this... alpha(?). It's barely playable.

First, it's not in the alpha stage, second I said BETA, the game that everyone downloaded is the beta version. I know I mention alpha but that was something else and we're working on getting this demo together. 

I think that the biggest problem with this is it's engine. His acceleration and deceleration are to slow and his jump is too weighted, not to mention that atrocious camera. I'm not sure what version of Sonic Worlds your using, but Sonic Worlds Delta has 1:1 accuracy to the Genesis games and I would highly recommend you switch to that if you can.

I absolutely love the art though, and all of those mock-ups had me really excited. It's all very retro and beautiful, and I can't wait Chaos Citadel in action.

There are some really good ideas here, but in it's current state, It's hard to enjoy. I really hope you consider a more accurate engine, or at the very least tweak the physics and increase the screen resolution.

Good luck, and I hope to see great things from this game.

• Like 1

Well so far on the game progress the collision problems are being addressed and working on, Prism Palace, Sabaku Sand, and Fantasy Forest graphics are halfway done (seriously it's not easy remaking sprites so many times) and a special addition to the next demo will have a fourth zone,  Mercury Mine (it's halfway done also so everyone please be alittle more patient). And we have a new member to the project, PixelClassics who will do the level design and I am happy to welcome him to our team (still anyone want to joined please go to here http://sonicunited.org/forums/index.php?/topic/7620-sonic-hhw-team-members-needed/  )

Thank you all and sorry that there's no mock up image today.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone :ssmile: I have my own laptop which means that I can now be more active here than before and make more sprites than ever! Well enough of that...

I have here are two mock up for the last two zones, Futureshock Freeway and Chaos Citadel (both have new colors). Spoiler alert! These two image has both boss battle that Sonic and his friends will face.

R14-ChaosCitadel-FinalEnd_zps9dedfc97.pn

Metal Sonic is back and fully upgrade! This boss battle you'll face him (as I mention earlier that it will be like Sonic Generation battle style).

The bottom is the FINAL BOSS! Yup, the final and Sonic is ready to go super! The final boss is almost done (a few more touch up will do) and here's the mp3 of it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd6wsto9dossg63/Chaos%20Citadel%20-%20Final%20End%20-%20Vs%20Super%20Sonic.mp3?dl=0

So let me know what you all think of it (and do you think that it's too early for me to spoil it?) :ssmile:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

the graphics are really nice good job , but if you allow me to do a comment , in the first pictures the colors are a bit annoying but other then that , everything looks awesome , can't wait to try it out  :thumbup:

Thanks man. Well as of now all the zones are heavily receiving new colors and updated to so hopefully I'll enter the demo for SAGE 2015.

that is some epic screenshot!!!

so if you're saying that the final boss is almost completed, then will the game be released after you complete it?

or do you still have a few zones left?

Well...hmmm...let me put it this way.

The final boss is almost complete, some of the bosses are being made, 4 zones are like almost done (8 more to go), badniks are being added too. There's alot going on with this project and 2 of my main members of my group are busy with personal business so it's just me and a new member who she's personally helping me with my sprites and also making other sprites for certain users for their fan game (and still making other sprites for my other team that I've been active with for quite some time now ).

...so basically I'm busy as always and I might post up new mock up soon so stay tune bro :ssmile:

Hey everyone...well here's the thing, two of my main members are busy with business so the project has been put on hold while I keep on making sprites on my spare time (next tuesday I'm going to be busy with business also for 3 weeks which will cut my time on the fan game project). But I do have some good news though,

R2-PrismPalace-FM_zps18279755.png

Prism Palace is 90% done and it will be a bit different than before, act 1 will be on the outside and act 2 will be in the inside (look at the background closely and you'll notice that it look awefully familiar, plus no plants and grass in the inside, just to point that out if anyone got curious). Dr. Eggman character sprite and his egg mobile is completely redone (I been at it for such a long time and I finally made it right). Plus I have a new member who she helping me on my sprites also for this fangame (she did a great job on the lower part of the background for Prism Palace, exactly the way I wanted). So Prism Palace is coming out great as it is.
Well Maybe SAGE 2015, the demo will have atleast 2 or 3 zones (but it will have NO tropical theme zone for SAGE...well you know why guys, lol but the tropical theme zone, Calm Coastline will be on a separated demo with Mercury Mine...which is STILL underconstruction, don't ask why).

Well that's all the news, please feel free to ask me anything, K :ssmile: