A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

*Rumor-Sonic Adventure 3 Announced end of this year - Rumor*

A.T.

...We had a Sonic Adventure 3. It's called Sonic '06. *hides under trash bin from hate mail*

But 1 and 2 were connected in story, 2006 looked more like a failure relaunch of the game, givin a game of that type the original title of the series that is. With some new characters and everythin.

(Hey get outta there I won't throw spam cans at ya.)

To be fair, the Chao Gardens aren't coming back even if they did make an SA3. They were just there as filler and what might have worked for that time, critics and fans probably won't be as nice the third time around. The Chao have evolved from a simple pet game to one of the many creatures in Sonic's world. They're about as important as Flicky, Pocky, Cucky, Pecky.

Why so sure?

• Like 1

Sega aren't that stupid to repeat the same mistake again. The gardens are a mistake because they deviate away from the Sonic gameplay and simply don't fit. Critics would shred the game to pieces if they ever returned. They're better off as one of the many animals you rescue from badniks.

You do have a point I can't deny that.

But criticism is inevitable, there will always be angry fans and mean critics. No matter how good somethin might be, someone somewhere will hate it. Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) is almost the most criticized game on Earth and some people still play it.

My point is, many people as I know, want these little creatures back, and havin them wouldn't be a mistake to them, you're sayin they deviate from the Sonic gameplay, Blur is sayin he sometimes gets bored from what you called the Sonic gameplay, and this is normal because people are different, if you get bored of Sonic games you'll play somethin else, but if Blur gets bored of them he'll raise a couple of chaos.

The solution to this is really simple, if you like Chao Gardens go to them, if you don't you can easily avoid them, skip them and play the game normally, the story will not be affected in anyway.

• Like 1

But it isn't borin! (Or let's say, I myself don't find it borin) At least in the beginnin it's not.

Let's take Sonic Adventure 2 for an example, there were mini games, 2-player battles and races, AND Chao Gardens, doesn't seem so borin to me, addin the Gardens to the whole thing only makes it more diversified.

I don't understand why are you all against it, as a matter of fact, it's a really rare thing to find someone refusin it with all their strength.

• 4 months later...

There is a game with that title coming. As to when, depends on the amount of help I get.

I really have had it with SEGA so they can come after me. As it is they're trying to subpoena me for a domain I snapped up and I gave them the middle finger when they wanted it. As I mention on one of my blog posts, SEGA is up the creek without a paddle and no sense of direction. They have upset an entire generation of Sonic customers. I am seeing games like Sonic Unleashed being withdrawn.. looks visually nice, but OMFG what a crap game!!!

I am the lead developer of this new game. I am going to make history, and I am doing it from a country where SEGA has no legal jurisdiction or even a sales presence. Unless SEGA get really heavy with me, I will keep the title as Sonic Adventure 3. And the game is open-source, modelled with Blender and KUbuntu as the host platform.

If you tap into the open-source community, you can be assured that the game gets done quickly, and the quality of it, is usually very high.

The biggest mistake, aside from the Sega Saturn and canning the Dreamcast, that SEGA made, was to change direction after Sonic Adventure 2. Everyone had a reasonable expectation the game was going to be concluded in a third instalment. Let me tell you, the shock of them going almost out of business and then bringing out Sonic Heroes.. which appears to be some of the work done for SA3, it was a very hard pill for me to swallow, I was depressed for most of '01 deep into '03. That was two years of my life, I hardly remember.

Do not under-estimate the amount of work that goes into a game like this. I am doing the work mostly alone, with occasional support from the hackers at Sonic Retro. Work and family does interfere, but be assured I will give it the best I can give it and I want this game out before I turn 40. It is a bucket list item.

The current status quo is, we have most of the cast modelled. That's all. I am testing game engines right now.

I am also evaluating one of NVIDIA's GPU+CPU products, to see if I can do the successor to the Dreamcast aswell, to really give SEGA a nice fat slap in the face.

As to where to find me... Google!

PS. And just to throw the cat in amongst the pigeons, when I am ready I will open up a site, and all the Sonic fans all over the world can give me THEIR INPUT into this game, I will aggregate that and turn out what the customer wants, not what I think the customer wants!!!!!

Edited by Sonic2k

Leave

now

You need not do that as it's a moderator's job to handle members who post things like this. It's also rude to treat new members like this no matter what they're doing. If you have a problem, report it.

As for you Sonic2k, I'm afraid you can't solicit your project like this on the site.

Seeing though this topic of SA3 is dead for the moment, I'm locking it up.