A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Some Sonic Wildfire tidbits

Hmm, I'm completely unconvinced with both Wildfire and Sonic X360 (which, from the gameplay videos, is going to have the exact same problems that have plagued every 3D Sonic game.)

Where's the sequel to Sonic Rush that surely someone else besides me is eagerly awaiting?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop comparing Sonic Wildfire to how things "should work." That's like comparing Mario Party to how the oldschool Mario games were. It just doesn't make sense. This is more of an arcade-type game, at least that's what it's supposed to be. They should add a timer. THEN I'd want to play it. But without a timer I just don't feel the need.

Stop comparing Sonic Wildfire to how things "should work." That's like comparing Mario Party to how the oldschool Mario games were. It just doesn't make sense. This is more of an arcade-type game, at least that's what it's supposed to be. They should add a timer. THEN I'd want to play it. But without a timer I just don't feel the need.

no.

yes.

also no

By the way, other than Eggman, I thought Chutulu was the original villian, and he sends off his minions to fart on that floating flame on Sonics chest.

Or I just found out the best storyline for a Sonic fangame ever

I love how you all give reasons. But really this isn't an adventure game. The whole point is to run through it really fast. I mean look at the control scheme you run through tilting back and forth to guide him around the path, occasionally hitting a button, and it's on rails. At least with a timer a la Crazy Taxi you'd feel a need to blast through as fast as humanly possible. That and then maybe high scores and low times could be shared over Connect24 or whatever the heck it was called.

It looks very boring. From what I can tell you just move the Wiimote from left to right to move Sonic. And press a button or look up with the Wiimote to make him jump. I agree that it's arcade, though it's BORING arcade.

No I mean the gameplay of the arcade game. All you did is roll a Track ball in one direction and push a jump button thruogh out the whole game. This seems to have that kind of concept behind it.

not really, at least with the trackball you still had a decent ammount of control over your character.