A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Some Sonic Wildfire tidbits

http://gonintendo.com/?p=4011

Development for Sonic Wild Fire has essentially been going on for two years, this year developing, last year testing.

As expected, the game is based off of Arabian Nights, and will follow Sonic’s adventures through a book. We saw some of the influence of Arabian Nights in our E3 demo.

Dr. Eggman (I still say Robotnik damnit!) will be in the game.

Progression on Sonic Wild Fire and the Wiimote is going well, but more uses of the Wiimote than what was shown at E3 will be included. There will also be gameplay elements in Wild Fire that have never been seen in a Sonic game before.

Mr. Yojiro is very happy with the power of the Wii, and believes it is “fantastic hardware”.

Mr. Yojiro would like to create an entirely new series for the Wii that is not related to Sonic at all. He would like this title to take full advantage of all that the Wiimote has to offer.

Sonic Wild Fire is all about going back to the roots of the Sonic series. Speed is the name of the game.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BREAKING NEWS FROM SEGA!

Monday, July 24th, 2006 - SoA

It has been reported Dr. Robotink, also known as 'Dr. Eggman' will be in a Sonic Game! Interviews with Sega reps are as follows:

"Were really excited Dr. Eggman is going to be in this game. this is going to be his time to shine!"

"Were all really shocked when we heared the decision to put Dr. Eggman in a Sonic game, but in the end, we think it's a good decision!"

I don't know about you guys, but this news is absoultely astonding, and a first!

"Sonic Wild Fire is all about going back to the roots of the Sonic series. Speed is the name of the game. "

when is sega going to get it, they keep saying this for every new sonic game, dudes it wasnt the speed that made the original sonic so damned cool, it was the crazy physic engine alowing to to react with the world fully and totally mixed with speed creating what is called "flow" they seem to keep forgetting about that.

It's not that they're forgetting, it's that we aren't making that clear. Most of the complaints about Sonic Adventure had to do with either the camera (which never really bugged me that much) or with the Adventure bits slowing you down too much.

I.. don't get the point. There's no time limit or anything that I can see that would make me feel the need to run through as fast as possible. And for this to be the one game where there are tons of loops and crap the camera is overly buggy. This coming from someone who was fine with the SA camera. It keeps dodging back and forth. For this type of game I'd think it'd be easier to deal with.

The music in the background.. I think it's the band that did the end music for Sonic Riders. I say end music because I don't remember if they did that other song with words as well. =P

I'd much rather they took a crack at the concept behind Sonic Xtreme. The videos look great.. although obviously I would want those boss stage ideas to be left behind.

Wildfire would be perfect if it had better level design concept.

From the levels i see, the game seems too strightforward. The orginal sonic games had levels that wernt exactly confined to looking too realistic, Via the floating platforms and such.

There hasnt been a 3D sonic game YET thats featured different paths in both horizontal AND vertical terms. (That means being able to look up and have the ceiling be a completely different path, and be able to do that on the next 3 height levels, spanning Horizontally as well.)

When Sonic Team does that, THEN they will have a sonic game capable of beating one of the Orginals.

Sonic Wildfire has the IDEA correct, but they are still missing a crucial part that they need to look into. (They can DEFINATELY do it with the Wii-mote, but they would just need a farther out Camera angle and better stage design.)

But all we can do is wait to see this game in a more completed state.

(Nintendo would be in REALLLLYY good shape if Wildfire , SSBBrawl, and Galaxy all made it to launch, though.)

Im actully more excited for Wildfire than the 360/PS3 Sonic the Hedgehog game. Sonic the Hedgehog is actully looking to be really fun, but its so identical in level design to Heroes/SA1/SA2 that its going to last just as long. (a few days after you beat it and it starts getting boring.) It just looks better. (and faster, but that diddnt help heroes that much, did it?)

I think this game is gonna tank...I mean yea they've got the speed thing going on..but wtf they've made it an on the rails game. It's just not what sonic feels like to me.

Totally agree. I have no idea why anyone would want to play a game where you can't even run freely, you're just stuck switching between routes. I mean, you couldn't make an entire game out of NFS's drag races.

Totally agree. I have no idea why anyone would want to play a game where you can't even run freely, you're just stuck switching between routes. I mean, you couldn't make an entire game out of NFS's drag races.

Outrun?

"Sonic Wild Fire is all about going back to the roots of the Sonic series. Speed is the name of the game. "

when is sega going to get it, they keep saying this for every new sonic game, dudes it wasnt the speed that made the original sonic so damned cool, it was the crazy physic engine alowing to to react with the world fully and totally mixed with speed creating what is called "flow" they seem to keep forgetting about that.

The old Sonic games werent' even particularly fast.

Probably faster than most other games at the time, but still it was slow enough that you could see what was ahead of you and react in good time.