A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Some Sonic Wildfire tidbits

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"not really, at least with the trackball you still had a decent ammount of control over your character."

.. How do you not have a decent amount of control over Sonic in Wildfire? You can move from side to side to avoid obstacles and jump. What else is there for this type of game?

"Yea but that was also an arcade game. I was hoping for the WII sonic would have a fairly decent adventure game...maybe even some sorta classic game."

Well it's not and it won't be. Therefore it can't really be compared to an adventure game. And this WON'T be fun without a timer. I don't want to play an arcade game that's not really an arcade game. And at this point that's what it looks like. If this was a game with a timer you'd get that Crazy Taxi "omb go go go!" sensation that would make you want to blow through the level really fast. And those orbs could easily be used to add more time to the clock. That would make me want to play. Not "omb collect rings that aren't really rings, and do nothing more than run in a straight line for no apparent reason." Although.. that sounds alot like Heroes (SA/SA2 had better level design that didn't try to make faux extra paths and shove you through the exact same level design 4 times).

I didn't know this had mission rankings. But I was more or less talking about a thing on the top of the screen that said "2:00" and kept going down and when it either hit zero or you got hit with no rings (are there rings in this?) you lost a life. But that's just me, it'd make the idea of frenzying through their more enjoyable.

Wildfire can go back to the "roots" of sonic because the old games WERE on Rails, its just that you dont notice because theres no choice. Its 2D. The orginal games had a set path too, but they so made up for it.

I seriously am waiting for them to make a sonic game as fun as SRB2. That was more fun than Heroes and Shadow put together for the time being.

I didn't know this had mission rankings. But I was more or less talking about a thing on the top of the screen that said "2:00" and kept going down and when it either hit zero or you got hit with no rings (are there rings in this?) you lost a life. But that's just me, it'd make the idea of frenzying through their more enjoyable.

That makes me think the Chuthulu demon fart on chest thing is more plausible now. Can't run from those bastards forever.

Wildfire can go back to the "roots" of sonic because the old games WERE on Rails, its just that you dont notice because theres no choice. Its 2D. The orginal games had a set path too, but they so made up for it.

Er...I don't think so. In Wildfire you don't even have to make Sonic run forwards.