A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Anyone have advice on how to improve this? I'm having a difficult time figuring out level graphics..

[qimg]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Dwapook/eyehurtslessmore_.png[/qimg]

If anything, the lighting of the sky/time of day doesn't really match the lighting style of the ground tiles. Either lighten up the browns to match the brighter sky or make the sky darker/cloudier or even change the time of day to something other than stark daylight. Perhaps a stormy setting or a dusk/dawn setting for it rather than slightly cloudy summer afternoon? Other than that, you've got a good concept for a level and I can't wait to see what sprouts from there.

I may just be spouting a bunch of nonsense though. I just happen to like levels that don't take place in the middle of the day.

Anyone have advice on how to improve this? I'm having a difficult time figuring out level graphics..

[qimg]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Dwapook/eyehurtslessmore_.png[/qimg]

It looks pretty good so far,the only thing is that compared to the rest of the colors the ground tiles are too bright.

maybe something like this is better? eyehurtslessmore_copy.png (sorry for my crappy photoshop edit,I just wanted to give you an idea how to make the colors look better.)

Also,the foreground is kind of boring,you should add a few level decorations. (:

EDIT: It is maybe better to change the resolution to 320x240,that way it doesn't look blurry.

He probably scaled it up for viewing purposes, but like everyone else is saying, the foreground is to bright compared to the background. Either lighten the background, or like darken the foreground.

BTW, thanks for the help Overbound, I'm almost finished.

Ed

widescreen4-3.png

Edit: Help me impove this tile for Aquamarine Arena.

Aquatile-1.png

I think it would sound better if it was just Marine Arena, actually, but that's entirely up to you. Not sure if you want to keep the alliteration with the names.

Anyway, I would ditch the green Labyrinth Zone tiles and come up with something else to use in those spots. Maybe some tiles that are studded with nautical symbols, like anchors and lifesavers?

Marine Arena does sound better. The names too long-winded and it's disjointed in the way that the first part is a lot longer than the latter part. Aquatic Arena, Submerged Stadium, Splash Stadium etc. It's probably fine actually but idk.

I totally dig the icy looking blocks but the colour on the Labyrinth blocks don't work imo. The bright greens against bluey-grey metal doesn't sit with me. I guess that kind of bright green colour is hard to put with colours that work. I'm totally with strife on trying to cusotm them up a bit with anchors, lifesavers and relevant icons etc.