A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Some images of the Sonic World Remix I've been working in the last 2 months. A friend is helping with the scripts. To release this next Sage the first version without the interior galleries, flyckies and Tails. I'll be making a topic with a video when I finish here the last stuff and rebuild until next week. The montains textures and atmosphere arent complete yet.

ss2014-06-09at092612_zps3b386c1b.jpgss2014-06-09at092432_zps621d35b5.jpgss2014-06-09at092320_zpsd7b77259.jpgss2014-06-05at040113_zpsd8efec45.jpg

Edited by Ricardo Raiohardt
  • Like 6

So I as working on Havok Harbor's new interactive music engine. Its supposed to basically work like Falk's "Be cool Be Wild" demonstration which I'd also link to but it he made it private for what ever reason.

The engine works for the most part (except the odd pre-mature looping I don't know what thats all about), you can hear the music change in different parts but clearly EVERYTHING else went wrong.

This new music engine is in preparation for Havok Harbor's new original music track which will be in the next release.

@Gistix: Thats impressive that you've transcribed that much of the level over to unity and maintained the overall graphical look. Those camera angles and rainbow rings are clearly still a work in progress though.

I love how everything around Sonic is turning into pitch black. It's like a metaphor for how Sonic ruins everything. How he turns everything, not matter how colorful or nice, into pure darkness. It's a statement as his current position as a videogame series.

Love it. Very deep.

10/10 Would bang.

yeah to make a sonic06 enjoyable make it into adventure 2 battle(although thats impossible.)

Haha, adorable.

It's almost like saying to make shit enjoyable you have to turn it into crap.

• Like 2

Neo, let's not go there...

@Ricardo Raiohardt: I'm really liking how that level is turning out! Although one thing that bugs me is how the colours/textures on the building kind of clash with the rest of the colours. Mainly the gold, cyan, violet, and green. Although that could be just cause of the outside tile on the ground, maybe de-saturate that some and it would pull the rest of it together? You could also add like little pieces of broken tile to create a smooth boundary between the tile and the grass instead of just fading it out. Also, in my opinion, the water could be a bit less reflective and a tiny bit more blue, it almost looks like glass or ice. Again, in my opinion, the entryway shot there looks a little dark, why not increase the lighting given off by the fluorescent tubes in the ceiling to brighten things up some?

• Like 3

@Ricardo Raiohardt: I'm really liking how that level is turning out! Although one thing that bugs me is how the colours/textures on the building kind of clash with the rest of the colours. Mainly the gold, cyan, violet, and green. Although that could be just cause of the outside tile on the ground, maybe de-saturate that some and it would pull the rest of it together? You could also add like little pieces of broken tile to create a smooth boundary between the tile and the grass instead of just fading it out. Also, in my opinion, the water could be a bit less reflective and a tiny bit more blue, it almost looks like glass or ice. Again, in my opinion, the entryway shot there looks a little dark, why not increase the lighting given off by the fluorescent tubes in the ceiling to brighten things up some?

Thank you for your feedbacks LiBi, I will keep then listed and see what I can address.

The colors of the buildings were to follow the original colors, while other stuff where quite different. I just finished the montains, in place of that checkerboard, so is one less thing to the colors clash with.

I been putting some desaturation on the reflections, but I'll see if I need to desaturate more things after rebuild the lighting again.

The blend between grass and the grounds of the buildings originally had some grass around then,but I removed. I liked the idea of break then to blend more. I'll see if I can do it now or if it will wait to the last version. The gallery have tiles and the textures are very well blended into pieces in the edges, I will try to follow this in the others.

The water I already correted a little. I knew it would have to be redone.

But I was really trying to figure out what needed to change, so the things you pointed out will help a lot. thanks again!

• Like 1

Hey guys, I've just began developing a new title "Sonic Freedom". I don't have much developed yet because I just started the project today, but here's what I do have. 

post-5533-0-94886100-1402802340_thumb.pn - Sonic Freedom Logo

I'll have the title screen and some gameplay screenshots up soon as the game progresses. :)

Edited by jacobrogotzke

There's nothing really special about that screenshot, it's just some GHZ rips with a different tone of brown and some panels. Though the background is kinda interesting, not sure what the green is supposed to be, is that the sky or the canopy? If it's the canopy, then you should add some shadows around the area where the trunks and the canopy connect because it currently looks like they're just dead trunks. (unless it's what they are, I can't really tell, xD).

• Like 2

@Jassbec

Yeah, that ground is just recolored GHZ tiles...

That green in the background is the sky, not a huge canopy. It looks confusing in the screenshot, but with the parallax in action, it's more readily apparent. And yeah, those are dead trees. I plan to add a few more touches and make it a bit more interesting, but I'm not gonna lie and say "Don't worry! It's still waaaay in it's alpha!". What you see is (almost) what you get.

@DarkchaoX10: Although I do like the look of the new hud, it's worthy to note that it takes up a very large portion of the screen. Maybe you could scale it down some, make everything clustered together a little more, or rearrange some things so they take up less space on the screen. People will want to see as most of the action that they can, and if something is flying at them from the upper left screen, they may not make it out before it's too late.