A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Overbound

I can't seem to like the design of the eagle... It reminds me too much of those cartoony robots from the 90's with that *sorry* goofy look that it were trying to be "bad" but careful to not scare children at home. Just like Robotnik in Sonic SatAM. I think you can do a better job, mostly in the torso area and the feet. The pallete could use some other colors imo, those are very bland and boring and badniks always seemed to have exagerated and saturated colors in 'em.

Besides all that and the perspective issues, the scale is buging me alot... I mean, take a real eagle for example. I know that "hurr it's a robot it can be any size", but Sonic is 3~3.5ft more or less and the eagle itself is bigger than him. I dunno, it just feels wrong for some reason.

And maybe working with something smaller will help you into making it more interesting.

Now about that pixelart... Brilliant. For some reason I really liked the combination of the forest stage's tiles with the "Hidden Pallace's" ones. Reminds me a bit of Sonic XG when played with Knuckles and I really like that sort of "contrast", like two zones meeting. :3

Here's a mock up just showing off some of the pixel art from Time Twisted.

[qimg]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5170721/radical%20ruins%20past.png[/qimg]

Very impressive, Overbound. It's very 32X-y. A problem I see though is the tile set to the left doesn't seem to have much of a curve to it. It looks rather flat. Something else I've noticed is Metal doesn't seem to have a hand but it may be blending in too much with the trunk of the tree.

Looks really nice all in all and I'm excited for it.

I worked on Sonic's part in my game, mostly on the background parallax and the new boost I made for him. It needs a little more work on both though.

Green Hill is VERY nice! =D

I have question -- How many levels will have Sonic and Shadow gameplay?

P.S. My screenshots don't have replies? Sadly... =)

Green Hill is VERY nice! =D

I have question -- How many levels will have Sonic and Shadow gameplay?

P.S. My screenshots don't have replies? Sadly... =)

I'm not too sure. But for now just 1. So I plan on making the levels long because each character has their own level to play.

At first I couldn't see your screenshots but a few hours later they finally loaded up, awesome stuff bro.

I worked on Sonic's part in my game, mostly on the background parallax and the new boost I made for him. It needs a little more work on both though.

P.S. even though I grabbed the level up monitor, it shouldn't affect the boost at all if played as Sonic or Shadow.

The tops of those tree sprites in the second shot are missing...

The tops of those tree sprites in the second shot are missing...

It's funny the first time i was looking at them after putting them in front of the regular bg for the level, I never seemed to notice it. Now that I changed bgs it's REALLY noticeable. Not really sure what happened there though :\

I'll have to go back and redo the trees. Thanks for pointing that out.

P.S. even though I grabbed the level up monitor, it shouldn't affect the boost at all if played as Sonic or Shadow.

The sprites actually kind of fit the 3d backgrounds, I like it!

BTW, what am I, chopped liver? What about meeeee?

BTW, check out my creepypasta. Pls?

The sprites actually kind of fit the 3d backgrounds, I like it!

BTW, what am I, chopped liver? What about meeeee?

BTW, check out my creepypasta. Pls?

Thanks mate! I think the 3D parallax is like one of the best things about gameplays.

Your game looks pretty cool, almost reminds me of my first one Sonic vs Darkness. Everything in the 1st photo looks so crisp and clean and bright! Did you release a demo of this yet? I'd love to play it!

Your creepypasta is creepy as hell dude, i love it! I could picture the whole thing in my head. It seemed unbelievable that the guy just kept getting curious after every second of horrific things happening. I would've hightailed my ass outta there as soon as possible lol

That Green Hill looks sexy. Now I approve resolution you used in your game. I still gotta see it in action though.