A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

@Strife: gorgeous as usual. I can't believe how pretty the big blue crystals are on the first screen.

@LakeFeperd: can't see much at that zoom level, but they look like large acts with a nice level design.

@Cleberson: nice, I like the background here. The colors are pretty.

Thx, the engine progress is current in 93%

YAY!, Sonic, Tails, Eggmangonnabethebadguy in two ways, and Super Sonic gonna wrong, yes, Sonic Evolution gonna be awesome game (?)

I have much surprises to the future (:

Some revamped charater designs. Tails is custom, and Sonic has had some slight modifications, note the backpack. Knuckles is pretty much unchaged besides th height and palette. Can anyone think of something else the characters could carry or wear, like Sonic's backpack? For Tails, I'm thinking goggles, and for Knuckles, well... the cowboy hat could make a comeback.

spritessonictailsknuckes-1.png

Some revamped charater designs. Tails is custom, and Sonic has had some slight modifications, note the backpack. Knuckles is pretty much unchaged besides th height and palette. Can anyone think of something else the characters could carry or wear, like Sonic's backpack? For Tails, I'm thinking goggles, and for Knuckles, well... the cowboy hat could make a comeback.

[qimg]http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz281/darkspikes598/spritessonictailsknuckes-1.png[/qimg]

Knuckles could have his sunglasses from SA2.

Tails could have his goggles from riders.

Is the backpack used for anything in the game?

Core - A belated thank you!

Delta - YES, THE COWBOY HAT. :D Though, if you add the hat, it will increase the height of his sprite by a few pixels, so I think you could shorten his legs a bit to compensate if he gets too tall. As for Tails, I like the idea of him wearing goggles over his eyes. It would suit him, being a pilot.

2i944uu.png

Which is better?

@Supersonic196, originally, SEOD was to have an item status bar for sheilds and stuff, so the backpack would sort of have something to do with Sonic "Holding on" to the item so to speak. Plus I was thinking of having the ability to buy and store various powerups.

@Strife, I'm probably gonna make Knuckles with a cowboy hat and goggle, cause I don't know which to pick, and Tails will get goggles. And I agree, the green add varience.

Rustic Ruins! *-* (This is a Water Level?!)

Liquid Lagoon! *-* (This is a Water Level Too???)

Rustic Ruins has no water. Drill Base has water make an appearance, and then barely has any water in Act 2 (Similiar to Chemical Plant). The only level that has water in this game (besides Classic 1 levels and Sonic 1/2 levels) is Liquid Lagoon.

That said, there MAY be a tit bit of water in one other level, but it would be more like how water appeared in Angel Island, not a full blown water level.

http://youtu.be/XSQAS0vFebU

Figured out a way to record with a tit bit less lag. Expect the next preview video to be in a few months...and be mind screwing ;P

Looking great. I only have a criticism on the shading at the animation where Sonic hits a spring. Looks kinda weird at his forehead. Nothing big, I guess.

Also what the fuck are you using to record footage? Try some other recorders like Camtasia, Camstudio, HyperCam 2, etcetera.

Looking great. I only have a criticism on the shading at the animation where Sonic hits a spring. Looks kinda weird at his forehead. Nothing big, I guess.

Also what the fuck are you using to record footage? Try some other recorders like Camtasia, Camstudio, HyperCam 2, etcetera.

Don't think I've tried? (I've used Snagit, Camstudio, Hypercam 2 (Choppy instead of laggy))

Also, my save got deleted at the end because for testing purposes the save files are set to save unencrypted. Labyrinth encrypts for some reason.

"UDK looks so brown, it's so desaturated. Omg, it's ridiculous what's wrong with Epic, everyone in there are dogs, they can't see colors?"

Feel the magic of custom assets, textures and shit. All the UDK assets are brown and desaturated yes, that's why most of the stuff we're seeing in GDK looks so lifeless for a Sonic game. Put some custom and saturated textures, and done. Looks like something completly new, almost refreshing

"UDK looks so brown, it's so desaturated. Omg, it's ridiculous what's wrong with Epic, everyone in there are dogs, they can't see colors?"

Feel the magic of custom assets, textures and shit. All the UDK assets are brown and desaturated yes, that's why most of the stuff we're seeing in GDK looks so lifeless for a Sonic game. Put some custom and saturated textures, and done. Looks like something completly new, almost refreshing

Love this. Wind Waker ocean and lighting engine for the win.

So I herd u liek mokupz

Anyway, I've been hard at work while engine rebuild is going on. Derelict Desert and Stardust Stadium are won't see the light of day for now because of me running out of ideas, redesigning and not being happy with some things. Anyway, I do have mockups for Shimmering Shores and Cryostone Cliffs. Plus I gave Tails goggles. Cryostone Cliffs' background is currently unfinished.

spritessonictailsknuckes-2.png

widescreen1.png

widescreen2-3.png