A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Barren Badlands Zone.

Act 1 WIP background...

BarrenBadlandsAct1.png

A dry boring desert. With many strange metal contraptions (not shown here) implanted into the floor. What could these be doing and could they be related to Robotniks plan?

Suddenly Miniboss time as Robotnik meets you. He gloats before deotnating the contraptions.

Act 2 WIP background...

BarrenBadlandsAct2.png

This docile desert now set alight with fire and the activation of a previously dormant volcano. Oh shit.

Barren Badlands Zone.

Act 1 WIP background...

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35421925/BarrenBadlandsAct1.png[/qimg]

A dry boring desert. With many strange metal contraptions (not shown here) implanted into the floor. What could these be doing and could they be related to Robotniks plan?

Suddenly Miniboss time as Robotnik meets you. He gloats before deotnating the contraptions.

Act 2 WIP background...

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35421925/BarrenBadlandsAct2.png[/qimg]

This docile desert now set alight with fire and the activation of a previously dormant volcano. Oh shit.

Those both look sweet! I love how you blended them together so well and given it two types of atmospheres. Good work Chronic.

Of course I didn't. I just did it for the hell of it but a couple of people suggested I showed it off. I will be posting it as a video response to hapisan anyway.

Anyway, It's just a quick edit since he said in his video that he "isn't great at animating" so I decided to just do it. I'm not using it so it shouldn't matter either way.

That's alright I guess, but since he isn't someone on the forum I think it would have been safe to ask next time (kind of similar with bases on dA, people don't mind other people using them, but would like to be let known if the base is used).. and it wasn't really screenshot thread material, but, you're doing a video response which is good.

@Chronic: I love the simplicity in the background. The blue sky could use something though, maybe some clouds (there's a lot of variations of which ones won't make the scene look too cloudy), or a bit of stars (the few kind you can see before it's night time)

Just tried a search for one and I couldn't find one. Closest thing to resemble what you are looking for was the tails pointing pose from Sonic3's continue screen. maybe you could make tails look at the player instead and change his expression to something suiting for a "Lets go!" or "This way" type thing. Just an idea.

@BlazefireLP:

I guess i'll have to do that.

@snow toilet:

I already ripped Tails' continue icon from Sonic 2. What i want is an animation i can put under the spotlight. In both Sonic 2 and 3, Tails lacks a solo animation for that screen (he encourages Sonic instead).

Gimme the weekend and I'll try to whip something together for ya, my fellow Mother 3 fan!

I also like the first.

And I think the molten glass thing Sereph was referring to was probably not the graphics but because you made lava flow through the desert, and heated up sand (although I don't think by itself and I -think- it needs to be quartz sand) makes glass. That's probably what spawned that. Though I think having glass elements in there would probably be pretty cool.